❀ 6 | pretty revelation

pretty boy 。❀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter moodboard made by me exclusively for this story *:.✧。* pls don't steal

 

Taehyung saw Min Jung more often despite his schedule. Every week, he was busy with dance practice or pre-filming for Run! BTS episodes, yet somehow he had the time to drive to her house or to her college campus to pick her up and hang out for a couple of hours.

In the beginning, the two spent most of their time at a nearby park or getting dinner or dessert in an inconspicuous part of town. Suddenly – and coincidentally when his schedule was filling up rapidly – they only found time to see each other for about an hour or so. All they did for that hour was make out in his car, and more or less of what you think can happen next. But that's a story topic for another time.

Min Jung sat on the stairs outside of her campus library, waiting for Taehyung to pull up. It was about 6:23 PM and he texted her earlier that day saying he wanted to meet up at 6. She sat outside that library for almost half an hour. Unlike her, Min Jung debated texting him to ask where he was. The usual Min Jung would just leave that spot and go home without telling him. She couldn’t stand (or in this case, sit) for this. 

As she gathered her book bag and laptop, a familiar looking car pulled up. Min Jung had to admit that her heart sank when it was not the distinctive black Audi that Taehyung owned. Her best friend, Soo Yeong, rolled down the passenger side window of her white BMW and waved her over. Min Jung sighed. Soo Yeong knew Min Jung was sitting out on the steps to the library waiting for Taehyung. 

“Before you say anything,” Min Jung told her as soon as she got into the passenger’s seat. “Taehyung told me he was running late.”

That was definitely a lie. Taehyug hadn’t told her anything. She had just been stood up. 

Soo Yeong gave her best friend a weak smile but kept her lips sealed. Bless her heart: Soo Yeong was the kind of best friend a girl could ever need. At that moment, Min Jung appreciated her not saying anything else about Taehyung. 

“Well, that’s fine by me,” she said grabbing Min Jung's hand and giving it a light squeeze. “I get to steal my best friend for the afternoon.” 

 

 

It was almost 8 PM when Min Jung got a text from Taehyung. She and Soo Yeong had decided to go to her parent's restaurant and have dinner when her phone got his notification.

dlxoa0818 Hey, sorry about the no show! Some of the guys went out for beers after we wrapped up our schedules for the week. Are you still free to meet for an hour or so tonight? 

Taehyung’s audacity to just text her like that - like standing her up wasn’t rude at all - and expecting to still hang out got to Min Jung. She could feel my insides churning, and Soo Yeong, being the kind of intuitive friend she was, noticed this. 

"Is something wrong?" She asked Min Jung, eyeing the look on the latter's face. 

"Wha-? Oh." Min Jung placed her phone face down on the table. “It’s nothing.”

Soo Yeong clicked her tongue in disapproval. “I know you and I know that look.” 

“What look?” Min Jung feigned ignorance. 

“That look; same one you had when you were telling me about that boy you were so in love with who eventually broke your heart?”

“Are you talking about Taehyung?”

“No,” Soo Yeong chuckled, shaking her head. “But I’ll get back to him in a minute. I’m talking about that mysterious ‘ex-boyfriend’ of yours who ultimately drove you to swearing off ‘flower boys’.” 

Min Jung couldn’t help but gasp. 

“Y-you...” She was stuttering in horror. 

“Yes, I found your blog, Jjungie.”

“How...?” Min Jung was still at a loss for words. A blog she had tried to keep from her real life was just found out by someone who she knew personally. That blog was an escape from reality, an outlet to which she spilled out her heart and emotions in its rawest form. This was traumatizing. 

“You’re a really good writer,” Soo Yeong commented. 

Min Jung covered my face with my napkin. “Please. Stop~”

“Don’t be embarrassed! It shouldn’t matter now anyway, seeing as you haven’t updated in two years.”

Now, that was true. Min Jung stopped writing in her online journal when she started college. She didn’t have the time, and frankly, she was over whatever made her want to post her thoughts online in the first place. That “whatever” was actually a boy who broke her heart when she was sixteen and dumb in love. 

“Now.” Soo Yeong clasped her hands together and folded them, resting her shoulder on the table. She leaned in. “What was it you mentioned about Taehyung?”

“I didn’t mention anything about Taehyung.”

“Yes, you did,” Soo Yeong replied. “Well, at least you did when I mentioned somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter