Epilogue

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol is nervous.

 

He’s practically shaking, and even though he’s already done this once, he feels even more nervous than the first time.

 

This is it.

 

It’s real.

 

It’s happening.

 

He bites his lips as he waits impatiently for the moment. For the moment you walk down the aisle and this time it’s for real. Not an act for the media. You’re getting married for real.

Chanyeol feels his heart pounding as he anxiously waits.

 

Any moment now…

 

He’s seen your dress, but he’s never seen you wear it. How would you look in it? He’s sure you’ll look absolutely gorgeous, more beautiful than the first time.

He taps his foot once. Isn’t it time already?

A little longer and something doesn’t feel right. But that can’t be, right? You said you loved him. You promised to marry him. Nothing will go wrong. You might just be held up a little, that’s all.

He waits a bit longer, his eyes trained on the doors of the church for your grand entrance.

 

Any moment—

 

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun makes his way to him quickly, his face pale and alert, causing fear to gather in the pit of his stomach. “She’s gone.”

 

 

“Seriously, why do you still bring that up?” You roll your eyes as you set the table for breakfast, bringing out toast and fruits.

“Because!” Chanyeol exclaims childishly, his hair still a mess from waking up. “You freaking left me at the altar! What do you expect me to do? Laugh it off and pretend it never happened?”

“It was a joke.” You mutter as you take a seat across from him, reaching for a toast.

“A ing bad one.” He growls as his dark eyes follow your every movement.

“Come on, after what you did to me in our first marriage?” You counter and he immediately purses his lips, his eyes narrowing on you as if saying ‘how dare you bring that up.’

You grin as you take a bite of your toast, knowing you won this round.

“I dreamt about it.” He utters, grabbing a toast for himself. That explains why he kept talking about it the second he woke up.

“Come on,” you say, your tone lighter and sweeter. “I’m married to you now, aren’t I?”

He grumbles something under his breath but you don’t catch it. You roll your eyes at him again, muttering, “You’re such a child.”

“I heard that.” He glares and you stick your tongue out at him. “I’m never going to get over you leaving me at the altar.”

“It’s memorable.” You tease. “And also, I left so many clues for you to find me! Yet it still took you almost half an hour to find me. You’re so bad this.”

“I didn’t plan on playing hide-and-seek with my wife on my freaking wedding day.” He grumbles. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter