Chapter 5

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First day on set and you already know this isn’t really going to work.

If it wasn’t because you signed the damn contract, you would’ve bolted the second you saw Chanyeol’s familiar figure talking to a few staff members in one of the corners. Instead, you put on your calm façade and act as if you never saw him.

“Wow,” Yixing breathes as he takes in the place, his eyes practically sparkling. “This place is so big…and there are so many famous people.”

“Better get used to it.” You with a grin, and he smiles back widely. You’ve already taken a look at the script, and overall it seems fine.

It was a sappy romance film, for all you know. Pretty cliché, but those films always bring in viewers.

But upon reading through your lines and understanding your character, you know why Junmyeon wants you in this film.

Because it’s literally you.

This character is so similar to you, it kind of scares you. You would’ve believed it if Junmyeon told you the script was written according to your life.

“Hey,” You jump upon hearing the voice. Chanyeol greets you awkwardly, but you see how hard he’s trying to make this work. You force a smile and greet him back.

Everything will be strictly professional. You’re an actress, he’s an actor. This is a movie.

Whatever happened with Chanyeol is in the past. You’re over him.

You need to remember that.

“Everyone ready?” Junmyeon calls and immediately all staff and actors get into position. “Ready, set, action!”

You in a deep breath and act out the first scene.

“Acting is a lot harder than I thought.” Yixing admits when the director gives everyone a ten minute break.

You giggle at his tired face and pat him gently on the back for encouragement. “You were great.”

“Liar.” He pouts. “I was stiff as a board. Might as well have me act as a tree.”

You laugh harder at this, but he continues to sulk.

“You’ll get better.” You tell him confidently. “No one can act right off the bat.”

He lets out a weak smile, feeling a little better at your reassurance.

The next few shots is with Yixing. It’s an outdoor shot where the two of you go out as ‘friends,’ according to the script.

You kept rereading the script while you were in the van to your shooting destination. You smile as you read over Yixing’s lines. Junmyeon definitely chose the right person to play this character, because the character is as kind and gentle as Yixing while also incredibly fun. Honestly, Yixing doesn’t even need to act. He can just be himself and the film will turn out amazing.

You feel the soft breeze once you step out of the van. Apparently, you arrived at an amusement park. Typical place for this scene. Since the amusement park is one of the sponsors for the film, entry is free and so are the rides. Small price in exchange for advertisement.

After entering, Junmyeon goes through a few directions with the both of you, but mostly it’s freestyle.

The crew steps back to give the two of you space to act, and honestly it feels a little awkward. You’ve done these scenes so many times with so many other actors, but with Yixing you just feel a little weird.

You hear the director yell action, the cameras rolling, but you’re stuck and you don’t know what to do. You haven’t felt like this since you first started your career so many years ago.

You in a breath sharply, thinking that you’ll have to start this scene over, but Yixing smiles at you, grabbing your hand and excitedly yelling, “Let’s go on that one first!”

He’s pointing at a rollercoaster, and to be honest you’re slightly terrified of heights.

“Uh, sure.” You croak and he pulls you over. Like hell you’re going to admit you’re scared.

You’re strapped down in the ride and literally you can see your hands shaking. You grab onto the handle with all your might, your knuckles turning white.

You hear Yixing chuckle next to you. “Are you scared?”

“No.” You state firmly, until you hear the beep and the ride starts moving. You gulp. “Yes.”

He chuckles again, louder, before you feel his hand grab on yours and suddenly it doesn’t seem that scary anymore.

You forget that the camera is still rolling. You forget that there’s a crew of people following wherever you go. You forget, because Yixing makes you forget.

Being with him is so fun, so casual, you thought you were really just hanging out with a friend.

He buys you ice-cream, him with vanilla while you with chocolate, and you whine when he swiftly dabs his ice-cream with his finger and lands it on your nose. He laughs at your disbelief, only to have you smear s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter