Chapter 1

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1:27am

 

The glaring numbers of the electric clock stare back at you mockingly. It hasn’t been the first time you’ve waited for your so called husband like this.

You take in a deep breath. You can’t even sleep a wink when your mind is racing with all the possible scenarios of what Chanyeol could be doing.

He could still be on set filming. Maybe they’ve run way over time because some other cast or staff came late or maybe they had a lot of NG shots.

Or maybe he could be out drinking with some directors to try and get more movies to film.

Or maybe he could be out kissing another—

No, don’t not go there. You try to steady your breathing. You’re sure he’s just busy with work. He is one of the most famous actors right now, after all.

You jump at the sound of the door clicking open and you rush out to greet Chanyeol. “You’re home late.”

Chanyeol merely grunts in reply, obviously a little drunk with the sway in his movements. He hands you his coat and you hang it up before helping him take off his tie.

“Get away from me.” He growls at you, pushing you away a little too harshly, making you yelp. “You’re not my wife.”

His words sting. Hell, you don’t want to be here doing this for him either, but you still signed a genuine marriage contract and you’re legally his wife.

The scent of female perfume is evident on his clothes and you see a small stain of lipstick on his suit collar.

 

It hasn’t been the first time.

 

You try to swallow the lump in your throat as you watch Chanyeol stumble his way to his room.

You’ve had enough.

Four years…hasn’t four years been enough? This kind of lifestyle with an unloving husband is starting to eat away at you. You can’t live with a man you don’t love anymore.

Especially when he goes out to do God knows what with other women.

“Chanyeol.” You bring yourself to say, finally gaining the courage to end everything. “Chanyeol!”

“Stop yelling,” he grumbles. “What do you want now?”

You square your shoulders as you gaze into his hazy eyes, still a little drunk. Your voice is emotionless and cold when you say, “I want to divorce you.”

Chanyeol groans as a splitting headache forms. He winces from the bright light, and it seems like he’s in his own room. He slowly sits up, groaning again, to find himself still in his clothes from last night.

I wasn’t even sober enough to change, he thinks as he pushes himself up and exits his room.

He was expecting to find you in the kitchen or something since it was still quite early in the morning and he was sure you didn’t have schedules until later that morning.

But he found the house empty.

Slightly puzzled, he calls your name but it bounces off the walls and rings back in his ears.

“Where could she be?” He mumbles to himself as he forces himself to walk to the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of water to soothe his headache.

He comes back out to plop down on the sofa with a soft sigh. He didn’t need to go back on set until this afternoon, so maybe he could sleep for a little longer…

That’s when he sees the papers placed nicely on the coffee table, a pen placed next to it.

Chanyeol’s heart races as small flashbacks of last night comes rushing back to him, intensifying his headache.

“I want to divorce you.”

He groans at the reality of it all, running his hands against his face to sober himself up a bit more. He picks up a piece of paper and reads through it, groaning again upon the realization that, indeed, these were divorce papers.

, Chanyeol was not happy at all.

“Hello?” You pick up your phone absentmindedly as you skim through the familiar script of your newest TV show.

“What the did you put on our coffee table?” Chanyeol’s gruff, annoyed voice rings and you had to bite back the urge to roll your eyes.

“Divorce papers. Did you not even take the time to read them?”

“I know they’re ing divorce papers.” His voice is solemn. “What are you thinking? You can’t divorce me.”

“I can and I will.” You answer with finality. “Now sign those papers if you don’t want trouble. I already signed.”

“What the ?” He growls into the phone. “Don’t you know you’re at the peak of your career because of me? Because of our marriage? You can’t divorce me without putting your career to jeopardy.”

“My newest TV show will end in about a week.” You answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter