Chapter 6

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You look out your apartment window, drained. You wish nothing more than to be able to sit here like this and just do nothing, think about nothing.

But you know in about half an hour you need to go back on set to film your movie. Seeing Chanyeol every single day like this is draining the life out of you and you don’t know how long you can keep this up.

You keep reminding yourself that you need to be professional, just forget about everything and pretend he’s just a normal coworker. But it’s not that simple.

You loved him. It’s hard to be around him when your feelings haven’t completely died.

And so you’re more than glad to have Yixing by your side, because he brings smiles on your face when Chanyeol brings you frowns, cheers you up when Chanyeol makes you down.

The more you get along with Yixing, the more guilty you feel. Because you can’t help but feel like you’re treating him as a distraction. Maybe even a substitute.

You feel awful. You feel like everything in your life is crumbling apart even though you know it’s not that big of a deal. You’re just working with your ex-husband, that’s all.

It really doesn’t help when this movie is a romance while the main character (you) is stuck between two boys (Chanyeol and Yixing) and now you’re sure whoever wrote the goddamn script wrote it based off of your life.

You breathe out a last tired sigh before your pull yourself up and head off to work.

 

“Okay, so today we’re going to film the ending.” Junmyeon informs you once you’ve changed into your character’s clothes and finished your makeup. He goes over the script with you and tells you what you need to do, where you need to be.

The movie is coming together quickly. With Chanyeol’s and your acting skills, it’s not hard to get a perfect first take. Yixing is much more talented in acting than anyone expected, and he’s learning quickly too. The filming process has been much, much quicker than anyone expected.

“Chanyeol’s going to say his lines,” Junmyeon continues, showing you the lines he’s talking about. “Then I want you to run into his arms. You know, the usual sappy stuff.”

The thought makes you grimace slightly, more so because you don’t know how you’re going to react when you feel him so close again.

But you nod anyways because you’re supposed to stay professional.

You go to your spot, nervously glancing at everything in the room other than Chanyeol who’s standing right in front of you and is taring at you intently.

You gulp.

Gosh this is going to be hard.

“Ready, action!” Junmyeon calls and Chanyeol starts to say his lines.

“I’m sorry.” He says, his voice cracking slightly. “For everything that I’ve done…I—I don’t know what I was thinking. I can’t lose you. Please.” For a moment, you could’ve sworn you saw tears in his eyes.

You grit your teeth as you will yourself to calm down. , Chanyeol is a really good actor. You almost believe his words.

“You expect me to believe that?” You spit, putting all your anger and frustration and sorrow into your words. You see Chanyeol flinch. “After you hurt me so much?”

“I—” He chokes, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. “I know I was a jerk. I know how much I hurt you. I’m sorry. I promise I will make it all up to you. Please. Come back to me.”

This is the part where you’re suppose to run to him and forgive him for everything. Sappy romance stories are always like this. Just finish your job and you can go home.

But your body won’t move. If your character forgives him, then you might forgive him too.

“What is she doing?” You hear Junmyeon whisper to the crew, and you want to cry.

Just go.

You finally will your feet to go forward, and you feel tears sting your eyes as you finally go into his warm embrace.

 

You miss him.

 

God, you miss him so damn much.

 

His arms around you feel so right, and you never want to let go.

 

“Cut!” You jolt from your trance and quickly remove yourself from him, despite your burning need to stay that way forever.

You manage to glance up at Chanyeol’s face, and your heart drops to see that he has a careful façade on his face to keep you from his thoughts and feelings.

 

Did he not feel anything?

 

“Hmm…” Junmyeon says thoughtfully. “It was a good take. I’m thinking maybe it would be nice to add in a kiss scene?”

Your blood runs cold. No way, if you can barely stop your emotions with just a hug, there’s no way you can handle a kiss scene.

“W-Wait,” you manage to croak, and you suddenly feel all eyes turn on you. You gulp, nervous, but try to continue anyways. “Won’t a kiss scene be a little too much? She used to despise him and suddenly they’re kissing?”

“Well, I mean.” Junmyeon scrat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter