Prologue

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…the most famous couple…”

“…thousands of fans have gathered in anticipation…”

“…their twenty-seventh nomination…”

“…can they win again?”

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Park, would you care to share your feelings right now?” A reporter asks as fans scream at the sight of the most famous couple in the show business. Park Chanyeol smiles at the reporter friendlily.

“Of course. We’re exhilarated to be here today. My wife and I honestly weren’t expecting to be nominated this year.” He says with a laugh, his hand squeezing yours as he looks at you lovingly.

You nod in agreement, your other hand coming to hold his arm. “It was a pleasant surprise. I really need to thank all our fans for this.”

With that, the crowd goes wild as they cheer for the two of you, and you wave in return.

The reporter nods enthusiastically. “Don’t be silly, it’s impossible for the two of you not to be nominated! You are extremely famous right now, especially after your marriage.”

“We hope our careers will go smoothly.” Chanyeol smiles as the two of you are led away from the red carpet and to the backstage of the stadium.

Other artists greet the two of you enthusiastically, giving you hugs and handshakes. You laugh and chat with everyone like they’re your old friends.

That’s just how the business is.

You are then ushered to your seats with the others in the front of the stadium, waving and smiling at cameras, clapping and cheering at performances.

“And the winner goes to…” Anticipation suffocates the room thickly as the hosts—one male and one female—stand next to each other while peeking into the envelope that will reveal the best actor and actress of the year. “…The golden couple, Mr. and Mrs. Park! Congratulations!”

Applause erupts in the stadium as fans cheer and fellow artists co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter