Reunion

The Path I Take for You

Siyeon popped into Sua’s room with food and utensils. It has been a week since Yoohyeon ran out of the hospital and each day Sua became worse, however, Jiu never came. Siyeon knew that Sua was waiting but she just didn’t know how much longer. At least though, Sua wasn’t so tight-lipped about her life though there were some things that she refused to share.

 

“Come on, you can bare your soul to me?” Siyeon nudged as she whined in a cute voice which got a Sua to look at her with bewilderment. “Suashi is being a bully,” Siyeon continued with her voice as she found it refreshing that Sua was playing along with her. Sua raised her eyebrow at Siyeon only to shake her head.

 

“If I don’t keep the mystery up, I’m afraid you’ll find me boring,” Sua replied with a sad smile. Siyeon puffed her cheeks to sulk.

 

“I’ll never find you boring. Even if you told me that you knit on your free time, I won’t ever get bored with you,” Siyeon proudly stated as she took a superman pose while sitting. Sua lightly chuckled which resulted in her coughing. Siyeon immediately rushed to Sua’s side and began caressing her back for some reason while grabbing the tub to catch the remaining blood that came from . When Sua stopped coughing she grumbled at the mess she made which was a bit more than usual.

 

“Siyeon,” Sua dryly said as was full of lumps from either blood, mucus or other things found in the throat. Siyeon looked at Sua who called her name. “I don’t want to be here anymore,” Sua said as she grabbed her cup of water to rehydrate .

 

“What do you mean?” Siyeon asked as her heart raced thinking that Sua wanted to die.

 

“I don’t want to be in this hospital room anymore.” Sua confirmed as Siyeon sighed in relief thinking about the many ways she could try and argue to Sua to not end her life in the hospital.

 

“Where would you like to go?” Siyeon asked, hoping that Sua would be willing to let her tag along on her journey to who knows where.

 

“An amusement park,” Sua proudly stated with a glint of stubbornness showing in her eyes. Siyeon opened to respond to Sua’s request until someone came bursting in.

 

“Nope, you can’t go especially with your immune system down at zero. Stepping outside these hospital walls is already signing your death certificate.” Handong sternly stated as she walked into the room ignoring the glare that Siyeon was giving her. Gahyeon walked in as well with a flustered look knowing that there was a cold war happening between Siyeon and Handong.

 

“I’m dying anyways so it doesn’t matter where I go, the outcome is going to be the same.” Sua shrugged it off as it was an irrefutable fact.

 

“You will be going against medical advice,” Handong stated the fact hoping that it would change Sua’s mind.

 

“I know and I don’t want to see my last moments cooped up in a hospital room like I’m in a prison.” Sua replied as Siyeon was quick to back her up as she would do anything for her. Even if it means risking her health.

 

“Handongie, she’s right. It’s not like she’s going to get any better might as well go out with a bang,” Siyeon nodded her head while her voice shook as sadness overwhelmed her. Tears stung her eyes as she couldn’t fathom that Sua was dying. Handong narrowed her eyes at Siyeon as Gahyeon panicked before getting ready to intervene into the situation.

 

“Gahyeon,” Handong said, which made Gahyeon jump. “Give them the medical papers to go against medical advice and to leave the hospital,” She continued before leaving the room.

 

“Siyeon Unnie, you know you are going to get a lecture from her later right,” Gahyeon whined as she was relieved that nothing happened.

 

“I know but whatever Sua wants she will get. As you said once dying people don’t have second chances so at the very least let them live everyday like it’s their last,” Siyeon sighed out as she looked at Gahyeon with sad eyes.

 

“Sua’s last day might as well be today if you let her leave to go to an amusement park especially since we are still in the middle of the winter season.” Gahyeon reasoned but it was to no avail.

 

“It’ll still be the same if she stays in the hospital,” Siyeon argued as they completely forgot about Sua being in the room.

 

“I appreciate you standing up for me and all, but I think I have some papers to fill out rather than listening to you guys fight about my condition. It’s my body so I can do what I want with it.” Sua interrupted the heated argument that was going on for too long.

 

After what seemed like forever Sua got her papers and filled them out. Siyeon was getting restless knowing that she wouldn’t see Sua in the hospital anymore but more about if she makes it through the day where she would sleep.

 

“Suashi,” Siyeon had a little bit of whine in her voice as she watched Sua hand her the completed forms.

 

“I’ll be fine,” Sua affirmed as she slowly struggled to get out of bed. Siyeon put the forms down to help Sua with anything.

 

Once Siyeon finished getting Sua dressed to go outside, she left to hand in the forms. Siyeon entered the room to find Sua looking out the window but her gaze told her that she wasn’t there. She wondered what Sua would be thinking about until she brought herself back to reality. She walked up to Sua and intertwined their fingers together. Her right hand was with Sua’s left hand as it brought Sua’s attention back to Siyeon. She gave her a weak smile before walking with her out the hospital.

 

“Are we really going to an amusement park though?” Siyeon questioned as Sua chuckled a little bit.

 

“Of course, we are,” Sua didn’t hesitate in her answer as she breathed in the fresh air the world offered her only to cough for using her weakened lungs to its limit.

 

“Suashi? I knew this was a bad idea,” Siyeon was about to force Sua to go back into the hospital but was pulled back.

 

“Don’t. I just got my freedom, let me live a little,” Sua softly said as she coughed once more. “Just take me to an indoor amusement park,” Sua commanded as Siyeon couldn’t help but comply with her wishes.

 

 

They reached the park where somehow it was bustling with people. Siyeon questioned people’s desire to be out in the middle of winter even if it was in a mall. Sua tugged on Siyeon’s jacket sleeve which got her attention.

 

“Are you ready for our redo date?” Sua asked which made Siyeon’s eyes widened and heart jump in excitement.

 

“W-what?” Siyeon asked still in shock as she couldn’t process what Sua just asked her.

 

“You know since we both botched the Christmas date. Might as well do it over so it doesn’t leave a bad taste in both our minds and possibly our hearts.” Sua reasoned as she clung tightly to Siyeon’s arms.

 

“But… our Christmas outing wasn’t a date,” Siyeon tried to smoothly lie though she was sweating bullets for being found out.

 

“It doesn’t take a mathematician to put two and two together, Siyeon, besides you are probably going to be the only one by my side. Might as well make the most of it instead of moping in the hospital where death seems to be looming on your face and thoughts,” Sua countered with reasons as Siyeon frowned.

 

“Is this a pity date then?” She didn’t like how Sua framed out her words and she didn’t want her feelings to be tiptoed around.

 

“I think the pity is going to come from you as you are the one accompanying the dying woman on her whims and wishes,” Sua merely shrugged as she didn’t look at Siyeon in the eyes. “Besides it’s going to be called a date anyways considering we are two people hanging out in their spare time to have fun. One just so happens to have feelings for another.” Sua informed Siyeon who couldn’t refuse her facts.

 

“You are not far,” Siyeon pouted as she got a chuckle from Sua.

 

“You are going to have to deal with it for a long time because I’m always right,” Sua turned to look at Siyeon with a smirk on her lips. “Now, let’s go,” Sua tried to drag Siyeon to the gates but her strength wasn’t the same anymore. She’s right though… I’m already pitying her for not being able to pull me along with her whims. Siyeon though as she pretended to be dragged along by the smaller girl. Surprisingly Sua paid for the admission tickets but Siyeon was adamant that they were not going to ride any roller coasters.

 

“You are literally going to die by the sheer force of the wind if you get on one,” Siyeon sternly told Sua who crossed her arms.

 

“You said the same thing about the flying ship,” Sua replied as they were having the same conversation for centuries.

 

“I’m right that ship is going back and forth. You are so skinny you are going to slip from the safety bars and land on the ground. If that doesn’t happen then the wind is going to knock your lungs out making you not breathe and suffocate under the pressure from the ride.” Siyeon exaggerated but she didn’t want Sua’s tombstone to be saying. Death by pressure, gravity and an amusement ride. Guess it wasn’t so amusing anymore.

 

“So, what can I ride then?” Sua asked as she didn’t want to fight with Siyeon.

 

“The train,” Siyeon happily replied after thinking about all the dangers of the rides. The safest option was the train.

 

“I’m going to die on the train,” Sua whined as Siyeon began thinking how it could happen.

 

“How? I’ve taken in account the pressure, the speed, gravity, safety bars, people and the way each ride works.” Siyeon began mumbling.

 

“I’ll die of boredom. Sightseeing isn’t what I had in mind,” Sua sighed as things weren’t going according to plan.

 

“Fine, we will go ride the haunted house,” Sua stiffened at Siyeon’s suggestion.

 

“No,” Sua sternly said, “Anything but the haunted house,” Siyeon tilted her head in confusion as she didn’t understand why Sua didn’t want to go through the haunted house.

 

“Why? You said you were going to be bored. The haunted house is perfect,” Siyeon innocently said.

 

“Haunted houses are anything but perfect,” Sua accursedly said as she still didn’t give a reason for not going.

 

“They aren’t that bad,” Siyeon frowned as to why Sua was being so difficult until she had a revelation. “Unless… you’re scared to go in it,” Sua became all quiet at Siyeon’s answer making it confirmed in her thoughts. “Ah, Suashi is scared of made up stories,” Siyeon began teasing her as Sua pouted before walking away from her. Siyeon laughed to herself as she found another cute quality of Sua to add in her memory.

 

Throughout the many debates, reasonings, teasings, and poutings half of the day was enjoyable until Sua was exhausted from their activities. They were currently resting in the mall as the park had too much noise to relax. They went to go get some food and drinks but Sua didn’t have much of an appetite again so Siyeon was drinking away some coffee. Sua was currently resting on Siyeon’s lap which got some gazes from the public, but both could care less about them. Everything was peaceful until Siyeon’s phone started ringing. Siyeon picked up the phone as she wondered why Gahyeon would be calling her.

 

“Hell-” Siyeon started but was cut off by the person on the other line.

 

“Where did you take off with Sua Unnie?” Yoohyeon yelled in the phone as Siyeon pulled away from her phone. She checked the caller ID again to see if magically Yoohyeon got her number, but it still stated Lil Student (Gahyeon).

 

“I didn’t take off with Suashi.” Siyeon stated as Sua looked up at her with tired eyes.

 

“If you didn’t take her then why on earth did the nurse just tell me that she had been discharged out of the hospital with you being the last person being seen with her.” Yoohyeon huffed as Siyeon had the urge to hang up the phone but she wanted to make a good impression on Sua who was watching her. So, she tolerated Yoohyeon’s accusing tone.

 

“Suashi wanted to go to an amusement park rather than spend her last days cooped up in the hospital.” Siyeon summarized to Yoohyeon that way she wouldn’t have to deal with too much trouble.

 

“I’m coming over.” Yoohyeon said. “Just when I finally convinced Jiu Unnie to come visit Sua Unnie this happens,” Siyeon stiffened at the last sentence. She wasn’t ready to face her rival let alone let Sua become hurt all over again. She didn’t want to lose Sua all over again after they been through so much. Siyeon gritted her teeth as she forced out an answer.

 

“Okay, we are at the city centre,” Siyeon replied as she knew in the end, she knew that closure was what everyone needed even if it was going to be painful it had to happen. Siyeon hung up the phone and just looked into Sua’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” Siyeon weakly apologized as she couldn’t stop the gears that started turning. Sua only smiled as she with the help of Siyeon got up from her lap.

 

“It’s okay, you did what you think was the right thing,” Sua comforted Siyeon as she leaned her body against her shoulder. “I mean if it gets worse, I still have you, don’t I?” Sua asked as Siyeon nodded as she was so conscious of the head that was on her shoulder to even dwell in her insecurities.

 

Half an hour later with Sua being contempt in laying her head with Siyeon’s shoulder did someone interrupt their time.

 

“Sua?” A familiar fragile voice broke out of their own world. Sua opened her eyes and saw her beloved with her ex-best friend standing in front of her. She heard the gasp that came along with it as she was too tired to smile even though her being was overjoyed to see Jiu again.

 

“That’s me, love,” Sua responded softly because if she tried to be her usual loud self then she would be coughing like tomorrow wasn’t going to shine. “It’s been a while,” Sua said as she maintained eye contact with red puffy dark eyes which held anger, despair and all other emotions, though the emotion love didn't seem to be present in them. “Did you come to tell me that I deserve it all? That this is a fitting end for a cheater like me?” Sua asked as both Yoohyeon and Siyeon waited to see what Jiu’s response would.