Yep... Still Hate It

The Path I Take for You

Siyeon looked at Sua sleeping as a ventilator helped her breathe beyond the glass doors of the ICU floor. She felt guilt that she wasn’t there to provide immediate assistance. She wasn’t there when it happened, and she was told to stay by her side especially since her immune system isn’t even working. She should have ran after her instead of being a deer in headlights after their little fight. Though what would she have done after she caught up to her. What would she have responded back to Sua after she caught up to her? However, all of that seemed meaningless now that Sua is hanging by a thread in the room.

 

“I failed you, Suashi,” Siyeon whispered to herself as she turned around to start her work. She couldn’t afford to stay behind and wallow in pain knowing that she was the reason Sua is in critical condition. She didn’t want to think about the what if scenarios she had seen many people succumb to when they hear bad news. She hoped for Sua to get through this and when she does, she will apologize for her behavior and everything will slowly go back to normal… is what she would love to say however as she was walking to her ward someone stopped her.

 

“I suggest you should stay away from Sua or else you’ll regret it,” The same pestering voice intruded into Siyeon’s thoughts.

 

“Why are you telling me to stay away from Sua,” Siyeon stopped in her tracks and looked over at the origin of where the sound came from. There stood the person who called the ambulance for Sua. Siyeon cursed that such an ungrateful person was the one who found her. She remembered the initial meeting with her. One Miss Kim Yoohyeon.


“Suashi!” Siyeon cried out as she ran from where she was to the hospital not caring if she slipped on ice. She entered the emergency room and it was bustling with patients. Loud chatter filled the room and her frantic eyes were looking for the one she was responsible for. After a couple minutes a nurse told her that she was in surgery. She, then, was guided to the waiting room where someone else was waiting. Siyeon’s leg was bouncing from anxiety and time was passing too slow for her to sit around. She began pacing back and forth recollecting their argument and what she could have done better. If she comes out alive and awake, she will definitely hate Christmas… and me. What have I done? Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut? Why didn’t I run after her?

 

“Dammit!” An unfamiliar voice filled the room and Siyeon heard a crash. She looked up and saw a girl huffing and puffing like she was brought terrible news.

 

“What’s wrong?” Siyeon walked up to her as her mind pushed all thoughts of Sua so she can worry later.

 

“Everything! This entire situation. I shouldn’t even be here.” The woman cried out as Siyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“But you are still here waiting are you not?” Siyeon responded as usually some people who don’t want to be in the hospital can just leave if they weren’t admitted as patients themselves.

 

“I’m only waiting so I can get answers,” The woman snapped back and Siyeon braced herself as she had to be ready to call security.

 

“Why do you need answers? Don’t you care about the patient’s health?” Siyeon kept her tone in a calm manner but she was angry on the inside.

 

“Patient’s health? Yeah, sure, she deserves it after all the pain she put others through.” The woman laughed and Siyeon was ready to pounce on her, but she couldn’t not when her job and the only relationship with Sua is here.

 

“No one deserves any pain no matter what they have done,” Siyeon replied as she could see Sua’s pained expression the entire time she had been with her. The loneliness that’s been etched in her face as her distant look had no bounds.

 

“You don’t know about what she has done. She promised and yet she broke it. She broke the one she was supposed to love the most,” The girl shouted at Siyeon but found that she was crying. “I don’t… I don’t know why she can do such a thing. I’ve known her all my life and yet she pulls this.” Siyeon didn’t know how to comfort her but she knew she had to do something and that was to pull her into her arms and let her sadness out.

 

“There’s usually an explanation for one’s actions,” Siyeon reasoned with the girl as she cried.

 

“How can one make any reasonable decision to mend an insecure heart only to break it the same way but much worse. Explain that to me,”


“She is going to hurt you. Maybe not now but she will eventually hurt you,” Yoohyeon said as she was determined to make sure that Sua didn’t have anyone by her side. After what she has done to Jiu Unnie, she doesn’t deserve to have anyone beside her. She needed to understand the feeling of being alone and how people shouldn’t be messed with. Despite all Yoohyeon’s warnings Siyeon visits her room everyday.

 

“I don’t care if she is going to hurt me. I’m her friend and no matter what friends stay by their side even if things turn ugly.” Siyeon reasoned as she couldn’t bear to leave Sua’s side even if she was a poison to her.

 

“I’m telling you this for your own good. Sua hurt me and her ex-girlfriend what’s going to stop her from hurting you,” Yoohyeon would become crazy at how stubborn this nurse was.

 

“She already hurt me but I’m still here,” Siyeon told Yoohyeon as she was getting irritated that Yoohyeon couldn’t understand Sua’s intention. “I’ll continue to hurt when she is by my side, but I’ll stay with her. To answer your question why it’s because Sua deserves better than people unable to see past her facade even though she at lying.” Siyeon mumbled as she remembered how Sua tried to lie that she ate the terrible hospital food. Her face tells the truth always and she believes that Sua doesn’t ever want to change it. “If you really saw her and talked to her you would know that she didn’t just hurt you and her ex-lover but herself the most.”

 

“I highly doubt she was hurting. She cheated on Jiu Unnie and was damn proud of it,” Yoohyeon retorted as she wouldn’t believe Siyeon words even though Sua’s last words to her before disappearing from their sights was whispering in her mind.

 

“I don’t care what happens to me as long as everyone else can go on with their lives without any hardships. That is what Sua said to me when I pressed her for answers. Everything was for your sake, love. I did it, so you don’t have to suffer with me. She hallucinated when I entered her room. Now look at her suffering in the ICU all alone and no one to support her except for me. So, tell me again why I should stay away from the one person I would love to see walk out of this hospital and never come back. When all I want to do is enter that damn room, hold her hand, whisper prayers and prayers to anyone who will listen and wait for her to wake up so I can apologize,” Siyeon ranted as she brought all her frustrations onto Yoohyeon who possibly wouldn’t care about her woes about Sua. Why would she care now when she didn’t even see the signs of a cancer patient in the first place?

 

“Sua can manipulate words to get people to feel bad about her. I was her best friend and she hurt me,” Yoohyeon explained as she needed to hate Sua so she can be by Jiu’s side to help her move on from the cheater named Sua.

 

“The only manipulations Sua has done was to make sure you and her ex-lover didn’t know she has stage 4 cancer. While her body is rejecting the chemo treatment so not it’s making her body so vulnerable that the next time, she is outside the hospital she could likely die,” Siyeon confessed and widened her eyes knowing that she had disclosed a patient’s information.

 

“What?” Yoohyeon staggered back at the information. “You’re lying,” Siyeon looking for a way to get out of the mess she had created remembered that she had work and simply ran away. “H-hey!” Yoohyeon shouted as she watched Siyeon’s back retreating to who knows where.


“H-hello,” Sua looked up from her phone and found a blushing red-head whose glasses were so low that it might fall off.

 

“Hi,” Sua placed her phone down to give the girl her undivided attention. “Did you need me for something?” She cocked her head to the side and smiled at her thinking that this blushing girl is amusing.

 

“I just… uhm… just wanted to ask,” She began mumbling the rest of her words. Sua cocked a brow and only smiled a bit more.

 

“I can’t hear you, love, can you say it much louder,” Sua asked seeing at the poor girl didn’t deserve to be acting so shy so why not help her out a bit.

 

“I just wanted to ask if I can sit with you,” The girl’s face became even redder and Sua found it cute.

 

“Go ahead, be my guest, love,” Sua replied as she watched the girl shuffle into the seat in front of her. The waiter came to the table and Sua watched the girl order a coffee.

 

“What’s with that face?” The girl asked as Sua saw the waiter put down the coffee in front of her.

 

“Nothing.” Sua replied but got the ‘oh really’ look from the girl. “I just hate coffee,” Sua confessed as she didn’t want to chase off the girl just as she sat down. I don’t want to make her look like I’m mean

 

“I’m sorry do you want me to-” The girl started.

 

“No,” Sua nonchalantly responded to the girl as she picked up her tea and began drinking it.

 

“Maybe I can change your mind,” The girl said confidently but Sua just watched her demeanor sink down as the seconds passed. She needs more confidence. So insecure I hope she grows to be proud of herself soon. Sua thought as she decided not to torment the girl any further.

 

“Changing my mind about coffee is going to be a tough task to do in a day. I suggest you stick by my side as a friend so you can change my preference.” Sua suggested as she watched the girl have a lot of hesitation in her body and voice.

 

“I… think I can do it?” The girl finally responded and Sua smirked.

 

“It’s not a question, love. You have to say it like it’s a statement. Say it again but don’t question yourself. Be sure that you can do it even if the odds are against you.” Sua advised and the girl nodded.

 

“I-I can d-do it,” She nodded and Sua gave her a full smile where her teeth were showing.

 

“Then I’m going to need your name, love. Unless, you want me to continue calling you, love, for the rest of your life.” Sua stood up and pushed the girl’s glasses up on her face as she peered into her eyes wondering why would she cover them with glasses.

 

“I-it’s Kim M-Minji but my f-friends call me J-Jiu.” She stuttered out as her eyes refused to look into Sua’s and Sua knew that this was a friendship that is made to last.

 

 

“Did you know there are 5 kinds of roasts to coffee? Light, Medium, Dark or Full, Double and Espresso. They are all different kinds of methods in roasting your coffee. Oh! Did you also know that coffee is a fruit but it’s not something you can just pluck and consume all by itself?” She’s ranting again but it’s okay. I’ll let her rant cause it’s cute plus it’ll help her feel better about herself.

 

“You’re not going to make me drink all those kinds of coffee, right?” Sua teased Jiu who was pulling out books and books about coffee.

 

“Of course, I am,” Jiu huffed as Sua saw that she was determined to change her mind about coffee. “You hate coffee and I still don’t know why so might as well change your mind about it,” Jiu explained as she pushed the coffee blend towards Sua.

 

“I don’t have a reason for hating coffee. It’s just something I hate that’s all,” Sua pushed the coffee back to Jiu while grabbing her tea to drink. Sua could see Jiu pout from the top of her cup but ignored it as she always did with these growing feelings, she found out recently.

 

“But how can you hate coffee?” Jiu whined as she picked up her cup of coffee.

 

“The same reasons why people hate things in the world. They just do.” Sua shrugged and averted her eyes from Jiu’s sad face. I’d do anything for you if you show me your sad face because I know that I will do everything to make you happy. You are my kryptonite. Sua thought while she decided to look at Jiu’s face again and signed in defeat, she grabbed the coffee cup from Jiu’s hand and took a sip. Jiu looked up in happiness while Sua’s face changed to disgust. “If we are doing this never and I mean never order this again.”

 

“Roger,” Jiu saluted happily and Sua smiled slightly as she shook her head at Jiu’s playfulness.

 

 

Sua watched as Jiu played with her fingers once more. Sua knew that something was on Jiu’s mind and that she was nervous. She waited and continued watching Jiu play with her fingers. Jiu sighed once again and Sua had a smile playing on her lips.

 

“I love you,” Sua blurted out as she wondered what Jiu’s reaction might be. All fiddling movement stopped when Sua Jiu look up at Sua and began to blush a little. Jiu began smiling and, in the end, started laughing which Sua found to be cute.

 

“I love you too,” Jiu looked into Sua’s eyes and gripped her hand.

 

“So… go out with me if you feel the same way,” Sua held onto Jiu’s hand so she would run away not like last time. She could feel Jiu pulling away, but she didn't want to let go.

 

“I told you I can’t. I’m not ready for a relationship,” Jiu was visibly shaken and Sua could tell.

 

“Okay,” Sua softly responded as her eyes never left Jiu’s face. Jiu couldn’t look into Sua’s eyes anymore and Sua just let her hand go. Jiu took that opportunity to pack up and started leaving Sua alone to her thoughts. She sat there in her spot repeating Jiu’s words over and over again. “Lucky number three didn’t cut it.” Sua told herself as she grabbed Jiu’s cup of coffee and drank it. “Yep… still hate it,” Sua let a tear drop as she had just been rejected by the one who loves