April 23-25

forget me not.

“I’m going.”

“…”

“What? You don’t like me staying here, even though I’m your only handsome brother-in-law.”

Siwon tried not to smile at the lame joke but fail, “Bring with you some of what you just cooked. It’s not like I’ll be the one to finish everything. You know that I barely have appetite so you shouldn’t have cooked too much and…It’s not like I haven’t eat in ages, Min.”

“Ah… That. When the time comes, my sister will thank me for sure. She’ll be proud of me for taking care of you.”

Changmin bid his goodbye with ‘see you next time’ before Siwon close the door. He stood there behind the door for God-knows how many minutes. It wasn’t that he’s blank minded at the moment, but his mind is replaying what Ryeowook and Changmin explained about Kyuhyun. The boy disappeared and no one remember him except them. The boy appeared out of nowhere looking the same like 6 years ago. They went back and forth like how broken tape currently plays. What did he get himself involved in? He never thought both knew Kyuhyun in the first place, especially Changmin. He explained everything in detail, who also turned out to be the only witness of the boy’s disappearance.

The incident happened on April 19, the same date when he found Kyuhyun in the midst of suicide attempt. Changmin was walking with Kyuhyun at Han Rive Bridge when they spot a woman attempting to jump off. Kyuhyun tried to save her but slipped instead and fell together with her. When Changmin went down to the riverside he only spotted the lady and saved her, yet Kyuhyun is nowhere to be seen.

“Was that really a suicide or…maybe no?” Siwon murmurs as he walks back to his bedroom. Somehow he felt something was missing. Usually attempters would fight back and mourn on their misery, but the boy didn’t. “On the same date doing the exact thing at the same place…” There’s a tinge of regret in him for letting the boy left his house. If only he convinced him to stay longer. If only the boy explained everything.

An unexpected conclusion came to his mind uninvited.

The next day he met Ryeowook again and the latter asked him to eat lunch together, as much as Siwon doesn’t favor to since last time he just walked out without a word. But it wouldn’t be nice to reject the offer. With Siwon the one who drive in the end they both have their lunch not so far from school. No words about what happened were exchanged until on their way back to their office, Ryeowook finally cease the tension.

“Thanks for the .”

“…”

“I’m sorry, you feel bad because you left without a word, right? I can understand that. If I were in your shoes there’s no way I believe everything. Of course, they’re unbelievably sounds fiction.” Ryeowook sighed. “Even I still can’t believe they came out from me.”

“Ryeowook-ssi, would you believe me if I tell you I believe everything you said now?”

“Interesting, that’s very unlikely based on how you react last time.” Ryeowook said and heaves a happy grin. “What’s with the sudden change of thought?”

“It starts making sense to me, bit by bit.” Siwon said, half smiling. “To think that I’m someway involved in these now is still unbelievable. Actually, there’s a progression I found based on what you told me. I can’t tell you the details right now until it’s certain. Until then, please wait.”

“P-P-Progression?”

“Yes.”

“Are you kidding?”

“No.”

“That’s…really nice to know. Thank you so much Siwon-ssi. What can I do to repay your kindness?” Siwon hasn’t done a thing yet, why would the man said that? Ryeowook then wiped something from his eyes. They were small tears. “I still can’t believe after six years of thinking I might be crazy and delusional! I’ m sorry I’m just too happy I have to go back to work…! Just give me a call when you decide to tell me.”

Siwon doesn’t get the chance to reply when the latter slam the door before him. At least a small bit of weight has been lifted off. He returns to the teacher’s office and sits on his favorite chair. Spinning the wheel three times when his thoughts are jumbling, someone then stopped him abruptly. It’s his habit that always looked ridiculous in his colleague’s eyes. They never understand why he always did that. Well, a habit is ones habit.

“Did your lunch go well?” Someone who stopped the chair asked.

“Yeah.”

“A boy searched for you but you weren’t here so he left you this.” Siwon takes the small brown letter. He opens them and found a written address. He tries flipping the paper to see for more words because usually that’s what letter is, but there’s only an address with no name. “He also said his name is Cho Kyuhyun and you might know him. Is he your nephew? Students often skip school nowadays, it’s aggravating…”

“Oh…Thank you. He’s not my nephew but someone I know.”

He never had a hunch the boy would search for him after thinking that was the last time he saw him. But he wondered in concern whether the boy found a shelter to stay and food to survive. He somehow glad to know at least the boy is alive, the fact that he even sent him a letter. When the dusk emerges, Siwon drive his way home. After a warm shower he dines alone and drifts off to sleep, not forgetting to remind himself to pay the address a visit tomorrow.

**

It was Saturday morning. Siwon checked the address once more and eye the orange color building. Just beside the opened door there stood a sign written with ‘Sunrise Florist’. He’s sure whether it’s the right address since Sunrise Florist wasn’t written in the letter. There was only one way to make sure it’s the right one. Siwon walk inside and greeted by a beautiful orange colored hair lady. Her hair was long and curly but tied neatly in pony tail. She was wearing a blue apron and a white dress beneath.

“Welcome.” Her bright smile is contagious that Siwon smiled in return.

“Sorry I’m not here to buy flowers but…” Siwon hand her the letter, “Could this be this place’s address?”

The lady reads and nods, “Oh. Yes it is. How… may I help you with it?”

“Madam! I don’t know what happen but the market’s currently out of radish! They said maybe the stock will arrive this afternoon!” Siwon turn around to see Kyuhyun holding two heavy grocery bags. “Do you want me to return this after…?” Their eyes meet and Kyuhyun surprisingly release a calm smile and give a short bow.

After the short introduction, Kyuhyun invite Siwon to sit at the garden’s gazebo. He thought the place would only be a shop but it a turns out there lays a cozy house behind. Beside the house was a beautiful garden decorated with breathtaking flowers. Madam Yuna, the owner of the shop prepared tea and snacks for them after knowing Siwon was Kyuhyun’s guests.

“I realized it was inappropriate of me leaving without explaining everything.” Kyuhyun smiled guiltily. The boy looked quite different than the last time he saw him. Kyuhyun looks livelier and it’s nice to see. It’s as if seeing someone changed 360 degrees. “That’s the reason why I called you here. I finally found a place to stay, you see. I’m staying here until I found a way back home.”

“That’s good to hear.” Siwon said as he didn’t leave his gaze from the boy. “If you were to explain everything to me, you said I might not believe you and that there’s nothing I could do to help. If I told you I’ll believe everything…”

“It’s not something to be easily believed about. Even I still couldn’t believe it. You don’t look as confused as before. Why?” Kyuhyun said, frowning. “Not that I expect you to still looking confused. Its better not, I don’t want my explanation to be too overwhelming for you. It’ll be a burden for you and me.”

“It won’t be.” Siwon smiles reassuringly.

Kyuhyun start explaining from the beginning till end, of how everything started until the time when he stood in the place where he doesn’t belong. He didn’t forget to mention where he came from and his grandpa who told him everything about the ‘Time Travel’ laws that should be or not be done. Siwon listens to the boy intently and immediately grasped everything. They were indeed unbelievable but not something impossible to believe.

Finished, Kyuhyun takes a cookie from the plate and eat them, “Does that erase your assumptions of my suicide attempt title?”

“It does.”

“What a relief. So…Any questions?” Kyuhyun doe eyes somehow searching something in Siwon’s. “Let them out.”

“…”

Siwon arch his eyebrows and the boy erase them with a soft chuckle, “Things that you want to tell me, old man. Despite my grandfather’s occupation, I plan to major in psychology so body language aren’t that hard to read. You didn’t look surprised when I told you everything and honestly that bugs me a bit. Could it be that you’re the same as me?”

“No.” Siwon declined and Kyuhyun looked confused, “You’re in the future but I hope from the beginning you realize that your current space in past doesn’t freeze.”

“I’m very aware about that. I remember my grandpa said the same thing.” Kyuhyun widen his eyes in amusement. “So… you know things about that? What are you?”

“Doesn’t have anything to do with my occupation as a physics teacher,” Siwon avert his eyes elsewhere “That’s the logical law of time traveling.”

Kyuhyun reaches for the cup and drink the tea, eyes not averting from the man. “So you believe it exist just before I told you everything?”

“Not that I believe in its existence but it’s something not impossible to believe either. Until you told me the details everything made sense now.” Siwon crosses his arms and lean against the white chair, “I’ve known two people who are affected by your situation.”

“My situation?” Kyuhyun puzzled, “Who are they? I was transferred here alone so what’s that got to do with others?”

“Ryeowook-ssi and Changmin, they were the ones I know that remember you.”

Kyuhyun fell silent.

“You know them?”

“Ryeowook-ssi turns out to be the person in charge with the school’s database and he contacted me because I mentioned your name. He asked things about you and explained to me what happened six years ago. He said…No one remembers you. Changmin is my brother-in-law and experienced the same thing. He told me what happened on the day of your accident.”

“What a small world.”

“You were trying to save a lady… Is that why you stood on top because you think you can return by doing so?”

“You’re sharp.” Kyuhyun chuckles nervously yet the trembling hand doesn’t missed by Siwon. “You mean I’m erased from my own space? That’s impossible. G-grandpa didn’t mention anything about that either I…I listened t-to everything he said! I memorized the rules! I don’t believe you.”

“…”

“I mean…”

“I can take you to meet them. Let’s do it today if you want.”

Kyuhyun sighed, rubbing his face with both palms. “I don’t know.”

“Are you scared if everything turns out to be true?”

“I don’t know! Damn it! After you refrained me from jumping I searched for my grandpa’s shop because I’m sure if I see my grandpa and uncle, and explain everything to them they may understand. I found out the shop wasn’t there as if it didn’t exist in the first place.” Kyuhyun said in the verge of crying. “When you took me, I asked about the antique grandfather clock you own because…that’s one of my grandpa’s collection. You said someone gave it to you…”

“…”

“Siwon-ssi…It must be my grandpa. He must’ve been trying to reach me through you!”