May 20

forget me not.

“That’s not for playing games.”

Kyuhyun, currently enjoying the so-called war game using the work space’s computer didn’t bother hearing Siwon’s tenth reminder. However, he only glanced at him who’s busy too doing stuff he had completely yet to comprehend.

Five days after Siwon’s successful attempt of storing him into data which he never understood how it was logically possible, there are already cables everywhere decorating almost the entire floor linking between the bed machine (He doesn’t know what to called it since Siwon never told him the name) and the computer while some goes to the strangely looking blue-round object that seemed to be the man’s precious possession.

More complicated-looking blueprints are decorating walls. The transparent board is also packed with messy drawings and handwritings.

He had no idea what Siwon’s about to do with those later but slowly he’s starting to realize that perhaps, perhaps Siwon is really smart. Not the kind of normal brain maniac you find out there. The fact that the man used to work for the government’s secret organization tells everything. For the last five days the man had been working all by himself with no assistant while he somehow expected the other two men to be there helping their colleague yet, for whatever reason it seemed like they refused the favor.

Kyuhyun pause his game. He turned the chair towards the busy man. “Yah, I can’t believe I have to stay in your house from now on just doing nothing.”

“I might need to examine you again anytime, so I need you here.”

“Oh…” He needs me huh? Kyuhyun pouted. Though he’s pretty interested in what Siwon has been doing, he hoped the man could see that.

“Feel free to ask me anything.”

Kyuhyun’s face lit up in full interest then proceeds scooting the chair near Siwon’s working table. “I..I always want to know what that is.” He pointed to the device.

“This is a time travel device that would help you return to where you belong.” Siwon said, unplugging the gear that supports the hand-sized device. After a few moments the device is now showing its bright blue color, the small beam of light now also illuminating the dark cold room that had only been enlightened by the computers.

“It’s really beautiful.” Kyuhyun slightly widened his eyes, surprised at what he’s seeing for the first time. “You created this?”

“Yeah… “

“Is there any reason why you did at first?” Kyuhyun asked, his brown eyes that’s illuminated by the blue light admiring the human creation before him. “If… If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Why the sudden formality?” Siwon all of a sudden amused.

“What? You don’t like it?” Kyuhyun scoffed, “Forget it then.”

Siwon looked down as he tried holding the urge to laugh. “No it’s just… strange.”

“You mean I was never formal to you?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelieve, looking away while Siwon is even much more amused with the boy’s sudden outburst. “Alright, I get it. I know. I’m not too fond with formality anyway so it’s pretty weird to suddenly be that formal. I just don’t want you to think I’m too curious, that’s all. It’s not that I like butting into people’s business anyway…”

“From now let’s drop the honorifics if that’s making you comfortable. Won’t we be seeing each other more often now?”

Right, he’s living with him now.

“The device started out as a private experiment. I can’t remember much of my days working on it, how I begin, feel or either how I managed enhancing it this alluring. I could say its one spontaneous act I’ve ever done but in the end I realize I lost my purpose.”

“Is that why you resigned?” Slowly he realized this is more like questioning about Siwon himself.

“That’s a part of it.”

“But who knew the day came when it might be useful.”

Siwon shrugged, out of blue handing the device. “You’re somewhat my new purpose, Kyuhyun.”

For Siwon calling him that way it doesn’t sound bad as he expected.

He likes it.

“Hmm…” Taking the device while securely holding it with his two hands he secretly smiles shyly, sparing a glance at Siwon. “So after all… Aren’t I useful perhaps?”

“Useful?”

Kyuhyun nodded while caressing the object guardedly. In some peculiar, unexplainable way he’s getting more drowned with it. He could feel a sand-like feeling running through his veins. Was that energy from the object? “Because of me you’re getting on it again. Otherwise you’d be leaving this in the dust. It’d be such a waste.”

“Before I resigned I told my colleagues they could continue SB-010 and other of my discontinued project but they did nothing with them.” Siwon slumped back on the chair. “That part got me most because almost everyone is ambitious. They always strive for the best in whatever they do.”

“It sounds like they respect you a lot, Siwon.”

“Yeah…”

Kyuhyun bit his lower lips, “You know, whenever my grandpa’s busy engaging with his watch, he never let me learn or observe…Let ask a question. All I did was taking care of the store in my leisure time and secretly observe. When you’re this busy you reminded me of my grandpa a lot so I didn’t dare making a move to ask. The last incident made me thought a lot about it. I still feel bad, it’s my fault. I never thought I got to see grandpa like that. ”

“That was an accident. It wasn’t your fault.” Siwon blurted out as he remembered what Donghae said. Kyuhyun wasn’t at fault. The timequake that destabilized the entire timeplane caused by the broken time travel watch happened at April 13th but that wasn’t the one that led Kyuhyun here, instead it’s April 19th that brought him here because something triggered it again.

What is that something? Only Donghae knows.

“Really? I hope that’s true…Just maybe, I’m here now because I have to pay the price.” Kyuhyun looked at Siwon while smiling sadly. “Anyway, he’s always super busy. Making and fixing antique watch, handling customers from town to overseas. Our shop wasn’t that big but everyone took a fond of our things.” He remembered those days when he insisted to play with his grandpa yet the old man chose his work instead.

“Watch, huh? That’s more like Hyukjae then.”

“Hyuk…Jae? Who’s that?”

“You met him five days ago, the red hair guy.” Kyuhyun’s mouth formed an ‘O’. He remembered the guy for his sharp eyes. “He may be working at the lab too but during vacation, rather than going outside with others he mostly spends his time making watch. As for right now he’s also lending us hand, with Yesung too.”

Kyuhyun look between the shiny blue object and Siwon. “Wait, but I thought…”

“In secret of course, it wouldn’t be good if they’re caught by the superiors.” Siwon rested his hands on his pocket, smiling softly.

“They find your case interesting and don’t want to miss this chance helping someone from other timeline.”

**

The petite smiled at the stoic faced man standing before him.

While holding the tea cup close to his thin lips, he tilted his head kindly at the man as a sign letting him to sit, other than just standing there like a stone grabbing others attention. The restaurant wasn’t that crowded when he arrived but as quite time passes the rain start its weather play and more people invaded. Expectedly the storm starts playing its role, sending shivers to those who find it unsightly.

Changmin finally sits. Ryeowook placed back the cup while his smile hasn’t faded a bit. Thunders suddenly blasting outside the place, surprising everyone in their spot except the two who’s still engaging in their staring contest. If people were to ask how an angel and devil look like when they’re staring at each other then it could be said they portrayed one good example.

“Calm down, you’re scaring everyone.”

“Are you giving up now?” Changmin asked impassively, linked fingers rested on the table. “I want this to end soon.”

Still smiling calmly, Ryeowook crossed his arms and legs. “If you’re so bored of pretending then you know what’s best to end everything. The problem here is you. Give up. Return everything back to its normal state. Siwon-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi never deserve your treatment. They are very kind-hearted people I’ve ever known here.”

“…”

“Give them back what’s theirs, Changmin-ssi. I’m asking kindly here knowing why you were sent here. I mean no harm towards you however, if someday I have to harm you is what it takes to protect them both then I have no choice about that.”

“I will return what belongs to them, on the day I kill them.”

“If that’s the case…” Ryeowook rest his elbows on the table and chin on his hands. “It’s a deal. Whatever you will do I won’t let you kill Siwon-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“…”

“Having unique feelings for Kyuhyun-ssi, I won’t ever blame you for that. Because of it, isn’t that the reason why didn’t kill him right away six years ago at the bridge? But I guess your chief found out about that. To kill Kyuhyun-ssi became your punishment instead of your main mission. I feel bad for you. We’re just special entities perfectly unrelated to the organisms on Earth who are adjusted living here. It’s quite normal for us to develop their habits and other abilities.”

Changmin slightly raised his eyebrows. Others wouldn’t able to notice that since the changes are smaller than anyone could’ve imagined but since they’re the same entity in human form, small physical changes are likely transparent for them.

Ryeowook remembered evidently, it was ten years ago when he was sent to Earth. He had a year of adjustment on Earth hence humans won’t question about his unusual etiquette. It was strange at first however since Earth was not so different from where he came from, it made things easier. He also knew he wasn’t the only one there. Others too, with different purposes given but mostly are observing the life on Earth.

But Ryeowook was sent with one special purpose, it is mainly to protect Choi Siwon and Cho Kyuhyun and his family. He was assigned at the same high school as Kyuhyun and Siwon at the same time observing their daily life. He learnt how much Lee Moon Shik and Lee Donghae meant to the boy. He was also aware of the time travel ability his family possesses, including the device that gave them to. In which he guessed that was the reason why his chief adore and extremely eager to protect Kyuhyun despite time travelling wasn’t that extraordinary matter. He could do it too, anywhere and anytime. It’s as easy as playfully snapping his finger.

Yet it seemed Kyuhyun’s family background wasn’t the only reason.

Then how about Siwon? Was it because of his bizarre intelligence? Yes, but alas to Ryeowook’s surprise that wasn’t just the case.

The chief later told him that both were in some way connected. He had to protect Siwon and the people around him at all cost, that way Kyuhyun would constantly exist. Everything went smooth without any strange occurrence until Changmin appeared. Ryeowook knew right away about Changmin’s real identity and why the boy was sent.

“Choi Siwon, Cho Kyuhyun, Lee Donghae, Lee Hyukjae, Kim Yesung and you. Don’t you know how much I’d like to destroy every one of you pest?”

“Don’t touch them, if you want to kill me so badly then do it.”

“Sadly as for you, I would’ve killed you right away that first moment I met you but my chief didn’t let me.” Changmin said blankly. He was always that expressionless, the real him. Ryeowook smirk at what the man said.

“I like your chief. I bet he’s listening right now. You could just go against your chief orders. You’ve done that before so easily then you could do it now, right?” Ryeowook leaned closer and take Changmin’s hand, placing it on his neck as if strangling him.

“Do it. Kill me, now.”


**

“Where are you going?”

Kyuhyun asked, his eyes scanning Siwon’s tall figure putting on a black cap in front of the front door.

“Groceries.”

“Can I come?”

“You don’t need to. Just stay here. Hyukjae and Yesung will visit today so just let them in later.”

Kyuhyun sighed and pouted. “Alright, see you.”

Siwon didn’t look back and just hummed before leaving his place. The market was nearby so he didn’t need to use his car. It’s nice having a random walk after staying inside for days.

“Thank you very much and enjoy your day!”

An hour passed. His two colleagues must be waiting in his place.

Siwon walked out of the market with one bag of grocery in his hand. Looking up at the sky he didn’t expect the drastic change of mood. Just about an hour ago it was perfectly sunny and now it’s gravely gloomy. The sky’s about to cry, loud or not it’ll be its own choice. Not that he hated rain. Thankfully his place was nearby. He lowered down his black cap hoping the rain won’t catch up before he arrived.

Siwon steal his behind a look to find no one. He wasn’t sure what made him to suddenly feel a shiver down his spine however it felt as if someone was following him. Perhaps it’s the soon-to-rain air that’s playing around, he assured himself yet he looked back once again and ended up regretting his choice. Someone was indeed following him in a few distances away. The figure in black sweatshirt, hoodie covering the head and mask covering his half face under the gloomy sky was taking sharp steps while holding a very strange… sharp object?

“You gotta be kidding me.” Siwon heaves a sharp sigh and begin sprinting towards well, his now alarmed mind about his own safety may take him to nowhere. He thought he ran fast enough however to his dismay he heard the steps behind getting closer and closer until it clearly reaches his ear, thinking the stranger is currently running beside him in fast pace.

“Look out!” A familiar voice behind yelled as he felt an abrupt kick on the side, fatally hard until his body hits the concrete wall. What kind of strong force that was able to kick him a few steps away? He don’t know nor felt it before in his lifetime. For sure it wasn’t human or…was it? The sharp pain from his back travels to his chest as he coughed a dry breath, shooting his wavering eyes towards the blurry sight of the two figures standing ahead.

“Choi Siwon-ssi!” The call slightly brings out his consciousness and the sight slowly becomes clear. Without doubt he now knows who he’s seeing. As much as he refused to believe, the eyes never lie.

There stood Ryeowook with panic written all over his face looking at him, apparently not giving a damn about his right hand bleeding from holding the very sharp object. Doesn’t it hurt? Drips of fresh blood from the flesh colored the ground in red and thunder begin playing its role. The figure in black took the chance to stab the distracted Ryeowook deep in the stomach until he coughed out a small cup of blood and jumped backwards creating a suitable distance. Ryeowook stood there, face stoic as if he felt nothing and pull out the object from his stomach, spilling more blood.

“R-Ryeo…” Siwon couldn’t continue as he stared at the man in horror. If this was a dream someone better wake him up. He swears he wouldn’t get mad if he wakes up knowing someone threw a bucket of water to him. Right now he’s accepting any ways to wake up from this nightmare.

“! Siwon-ssi, run!” Ryeowook yelled.

“One move and you’re finished.” The figure in black said out loud, throwing the knife towards Siwon. In a blink of eye Ryeowook unbelievably stood before him and effortlessly dodged it with a hand swift.

“I’m so tired of waiting.”

What the heck is going on?

“I’m not handing him to you.”

“Do I need to remind you again what that pest did?”

Ryeowook stretched his right arm and tenths of sharp ice-like needles appeared in the air. In his silent command they dashed towards the opponent, stabbing his body mercilessly. “He needs to know now Ryeowook.” Perhaps not satisfied with what he did he then raised his hand, swaying a circular motion in the air until bubble of water completely trap the figure inside.

What is he?

“Siwon-ssi, I’m sorry you have to witness this. I promise I’ll explain everything.” Ryeowook whispered, still facing the other figure. “Brace yourself.”

He’s too speechless to say a word.

It took a moment for Siwon to realize everything stopped moving yet he couldn’t conclude whether it was a reality or just a mere dream. It must be a dream. There’s no way the time could stop in reality, not that he fully trusted the law of physics but it was stated so. Out of blue he felt as if someone pull him from behind and push him with a great force. He felt much worse than riding a rollercoaster. His surroundings become strangely fuzzy yet too vibrant that hurts his eyes.

A peach-like voice sings incoherently and Siwon sees a hand reaching out to him. He doesn’t know the owner of the hand but he takes it without hesitant and like someone just switched off the TV, he heard no more of the singing voice.

Siwon opened his eyes only to see a young kid, the owner of the small hand he’s holding who had a very curious-like doe eyes, staring at him in greatest curiosity.

“Oh? You’re not uncle Donghae…”

“What?”

“Who are you, old man?”