Its About Time

One Night Stand!?

The last time I saw Zico was the day we spent together.there was a nagging feeling in my chest when I realised how long it had been since I saw him last. He had promised to pick me up the day of the wedding and to not worry about a thing. Which was kinda hard to do, given that he kinda disappeared of the face of the Earth since then. He wasn't answering my calls or texts. Not that it bothered me. A little voice in my head said otherwise. The wedding is tomorrow and my anxiety is at an all-time high.

I have spent the entirety of the day eating and watching horror films. So of course I was a little jumpy when someone was knocking at my door at 11:59 pm. So I creeped towards the door with an umbrella. I looked through the peephole only to see someone wearing all black with a black beanie. Here goes nothing. I opened the door swiftly and at the same time opened the umbrella in his face.

"I probably deserved that." A familiar voice said now on the floor.

"Z-Zico?" I managed to stammer. My heart pounded as he got up to reveal his thin body. "I thought you we-" he put an end to my words with his lips. He s his arms around me. I gave in despite my head screaming no. Eventually my head won and I pushed him away.

"Isn't it nice to go around kissing people after you haven't talked to them in weeks?" I stepped back and crossed my arms. I eyed him and he gave me a look of desperation.

"Please just let me explain. Please _______-ah" I moved aside and let him in.

"Explain." I said closing the door behind me and turning on a light.

"So after I got home from that date with you, I couldn'thave been happier. In fact, I felt so good I stayed awake all night writing crazy love songs." I smiled ,"So around six, Jihye and Yongguk came around to ask for the details and well, they wanted to offer some advice. They said that you are very indecisive and that I needed to distance myself from you, so you could realise how much I mean to you."

"No wonder they wouldn't look at me in the eyes!"

"So at first I said, Hell no, but they eventually tricked me into promising them that I wouldn't see you until the day of the wedding. I couldn't wait till morning."

"How long have you been waiting out there?"

"Since my schedule ended, two hours ago." My eyes widened and I bit my lip. I couldn't possibly be mad at that.

"As your punishment, sit down on the couch and don't move or do anything until I tell you to." I grabbed a scarf and tied it around his eyes.

"Whoa ______~ I kinda like where this is going."

"Yeah right." I said pushing him down onto his back and I ran towards my computer, to my pizza delivery app and got two pizzas, three different kinds of wings, bread sticks, and two bottles of soda.I ran to my room to put on aside Disneyland sweater and left on my basketball shorts. I then searched for my Disney movie collection. Popped in Wreck it Ralph and then there was knock at the door for pizza. I grabbed my wallet and handed him the money."Thank you~" I set the pizza down on the coffee table and pressed play. "You can take off the blindfold now. Your punishment is to watch all these Disney movies an to help me with this pizza, even if it takes us all night." He grinned like an idiot.

"Yes ma'am." We dug in. I knew he was starving after his schedule, so I may have overdid it with the food, but who am I kidding? I just wanted some pizza. 

As we got into the movie, Zico put his arm around me and I leaned into him. "So did it work?" I looked up at him.

"Did what work?"

"The whole distance thing. Did it work?"

"Tell me what you think." I leaned in and my lips melted against his. This kiss was not like any other kiss. It warmed me up from head to toe and it felt like producing. Mixing all these different melodies into our very own harmony. I pulled back.

"I didn't think I quite got that. Can we try that again?" I smiled.

"You see, I would but like, you also didn't talk to me for a few weeks and that wasn't nice~" I poked his nose. He sisghed. 

"I guess." 

We fell asleep on the couch, halfway through our third movie. We cuddled up comfortably. Until we heard, "Aww look they're so cute~"

"Take a picture!"

"Quiet, you'll wake them up!" 

"Blackman, Ji, you have a five-second headstart." I said groggily, peeling myself away from Zico.

"What?" Yongguk asked 

"RUN" Jihye said bolting out the door. He followed after her keeping the same pace. I stretched and got up.

"Be right back~" Zico grunted in response. I caught up to the two of them quickly in a park a few blocks away from my home. I grabbed both of them by their ears and pulled them towards me. "You scheming little twerps." 

"OW"

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" 

"We're really sorry! We didn't mean to hurt you--OW"

"Yeah, we just thought it was best."

I let them go and hugged both off them. "Thanks." whether I'm willing to admit it out loud or not, they are the best people ever. "Lets go get ready, shall we?" I said linking arms with the pair of them, with very confused looks on their faces.

When we got to my home, Jihye couldn't stop talking my ear off about how horrible she felt and how close she came to telling me around 5,267 times. Everything seemed back to normal but felt better somehow. Jihye made us breakfast and it was delicious. Everything felt great, I felt genuinely happy for once. After breakfast, Jihye shooed away the boys to let us get ready. I hopped into the shower and Jihye was ready by the time I had finished blowdrying my hair. She had hair in soft waves framing her face with most of it pinned up loosely. "You look great ~" She smiled

"Now its your turn!" I took a seat next to her and she started on my makeup first. She opted for a classic look complete with black-winged eyeliner and red lipstick. For my hair she did romantic voluminous waves, very Beyonce-esque. Where my crown was she braided my hair, giving a head band effect. I put on my dress and finished it off with red heels.

"Just on time, we should leave like in five minutes. The guys are at the cafe across the street." 

"Lets go." We steeped outside to be greeted by two hansome boys in suits standing in front of the car. Zico looked amazing with a tailored suit, his blonde hair tousled to perfection. We got inside the car. 

"So, Zico are you ready to meet _____'s parents?" 

"What?" he blurted nervously.

"Oh yeah they're gonna be there, don't worry." I said squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"Yeah! They're as weird as _____! You'll be fine~" He gulped. 

"What no comeback? Yongguk asked baffled.

"Nope. She's right."

"Oh."

We arrived to the church and took our seats on the groom side. There I saw him standing there smiling, looking smug and annoying. For once, it didn't really bother me as it used to. The wedding went by quickly. This might sound really cheesy and although I hate the people getting married, I really love weddings. Maybe that's the girl in me, but the whole promising to love each other forever makes me kind happy, sue me. Zico seemed to take note of that and placed his hand on top of mine through the whole thing.

The easy part was over and now came the real battle. The reception.