Coffee

Killing Me Softly

 

 

“Hyung, do you want anything?” Jin Goo asked his manager who groaned, rubbing his head. His manager had been coaxed by his high school friends that he ran into to go out to karaoke and he ended up drinking a lot. Now he was crying about his headache. 

Jingoo put on his face mask and hopped out of the van. Since it was a bit later in the morning all the early traction of workers getting their caffeine had already died down. There were about three to five customers in the shop and only one in line. Jingoo got in line behind her. There was a cool breeze coming from the fan a few feet in front of them and it sent a nice smell back. It was the smell of coffee, chocolate, and something Jingoo had been thinking about often, it was the unique perfume. 

“Yeah, I’ll just get iced vanilla coffee and a bagel.” said the voice that had had him anxiously attached to his phone more than often. Longing for a call or even a text. 

“That’ll be $14.75.” the cashier told her. She had reached out to place her phone in order to pay but a different phone slid right underneath. Surprisingly without thought Jingoo had somehow made his way around to her and was now paying for her breakfast. 

She stepped back surprised, her big brown eyes wide with shock. Jingoo remembered that he was wearing a mask so she probably didn’t recognize him so he took it off. As soon as it was off he could see her process his face. At first she was confused, her eyebrows scrunching together, then she realised who it was and breathed out a sigh of relief. 

“Sorry if I scared you.” Jingoo flashed her a small smile then turned to the cashier “I’ll pay for her order.” he said. 

“No don’t mind him I got th-.” she began to say but Jingoo was already done paying. She looked up at him with a look not of annoyance but similar yet Jingoo just winked in reply. Rolling her eyes she stepped to the side and awaited her food. 

“I’ll get two americanoes and a bowl of fruit please.” Jingoo said to the cashier and went on paying for his food. He proceeded to go and stand next to her. She looked over at him and raised a brow. 

“So have you thought about it.”

She turned her full body to him and said “thought about what?”

“Us getting to know each other better.”

She analyzed him, even stepping back a bit. “I don’t know you seem like trouble.”

That actually surprised Jingoo a bit being that he is often told how sweet and innocent he seems. He chuckled amused, “I promise you I’m not.”

“Really? That seems hard to believe.” An employee finally passed her food over the counter and she quickly said thank you.

“Then how about you try me out and see whether or not I’m really trouble.” 

She simply just shook her head, a smile dancing on her lips. “I’ve gotta run, see you later lover-boy.” placing her hand on his chest she walked past him and out the door. Jingoo turned biting his lip and placed his hands on where her hand had been and longily watched her walk away. She turned and looked at him through the window. The expression on his face caused her to laugh, she again shook her head and crossed the street. 

“Sir, here is your order.”

 

 


“Hyung here.” Jingoo got into the car and took his seat. He handed Jimin the Coffee and fruit bowl. 

“I said I didn’t want anything.” Jimin said but still accepted the food. 

“Eat up,” Jingoo took a sip out of his own coffee “the coffee is good for your hangover, you already took medicine right?” 

“Yeah,” Jimin answered, opening the top of his coffee he blew on it before taking a long sip “thank you.” 

“Don’t mention it.”

“By the way,” Jimin placed his coffee in the cupholder and snuggled into his seat. “What took you so long?” 

“I ran into someone I have been missing for a while.”

Jimin had his arms crossed and he peered over at Jingoo, curious. “A girl?” Joongi just smiled and looked out of the window. “Hey you better be careful with that. You’ve gotten pretty popular after your drama.”

“Don’t worry hyung.” He looked out the window and in a car passing by he saw a lady laughing in the car and he remembered how she laughed. He chuckled to himself bringing his hand to his mouth in a half attempt to muffle his laughter. Jimin who witnessed all this glared at him.