Lifted

Killing Me Softly

 

“Uwwaaaahh!” Jingoo stretched as he woke from his sleep. Slowly sitting up from his bed, he realized that his phone was hot and plastered on to his bare chest. From his phone he could hear a light snoring so he pried it off of his chest only to find that he was still on the phone with Arija whom he could see was still sleeping. Her phone was propped on her table where she put it last night. The last thing Jingoo remembered talking about before they both fell asleep was dinosaurs. As this memory came back to his head he couldn’t help but let out a little chuckle. Taking a look at the time he saw that it was a bit after 8 and wondered if he should wake her up. She looked really peaceful in her sleep and even let out a little giggle in her sleep.

Jingoo smiled at that “She must be having a nice dream.” Deciding to let her sleep a bit longer Jingoo left his bed on his pillow and went to wash up and also got dressed. When he got back to his phone she was still sleeping so he then decided to wake her up. “Arija~” he called out to her softly “Arija~” but it didn’t seem to be working. “Arija!” He finally exclaimed loudly and her head bolted up in surprise. She began looking around for the source of the noise but when she couldn’t seem to find where it came from she decided to put her head back down to sleep. “Arija it’s 9!” Jingoo yelled again and this time she really woke up. 

“It’s what!” She exclaimed as bolted out of bed “I’m late!” With that Jingoo was left alone in her room. Well technically on FaceTime, but still in her room. He was about to end the call when Arija came back wrapped in a leaf designed towel and a toothbrush in . Picking up her phone she finally noticed JinGoo on there “Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?” She scolded him and Jingoo couldn’t do anything but shrug. 

“I was going to wake you up earlier but you just looked so cute and comfortable sleeping.” 

Arija rolled her eyes but Jingoo didn’t miss the little smile under her toothbrush foam. “Anywho thanks for waking me up, I really gotta go, talk to you later.”

“Bye, have a nice day.” Jingoo waved at her and she gave a little wave back before ending the call. As soon as the call was over Jingoo let out a little sigh. Despite the lack of sleep, because they had stayed up talking until 4 in the morning, Jingoo felt light and chipper. He was ready and waiting for Jimin, his manager, to pick him up. 

Once in the van Jimin noticed the positive mood and gave him a look. “What’s up with you?”

“What?”

“You’re very happy.”

“I’m always happy, Hyung.”

Jimin sarcastically shook his head in agreement “sure.” 

Jingoo smiled and looked out the window “Hyung, after the photoshoot at five I don’t have anything left right?”

“Nope,” Jimin answered “why?”

“I just have something important to do this afternoon.”

Jimin gave him a curious look but left it at that. Their relationship was like that. They were close, but not too close. They simply respected each other and each other's privacy. As long as Jingoo wasn’t causing any trouble Jimin didn’t try to pry into his life. Jingoo although being a really friendly person kind’ve understood and accepted the boundaries that his manager set a long time ago. Although he did want to get closer to his manager he also understood and accepted that his manager maybe didn’t want to be too close to him, and he respected that. 

Jingoo’s day as always was pretty repetitive. The only thing that was different today was Jingoo’s mood. Because he had something to look forward to at the end of the day, he was more proactive and this was noticed by everybody. 

Ashley, the model Jingoo was working with today noticed this too. “Oppa,” she said to him as they waited for the set to be ready. “You're very different today.” 

“Oh really?” Jingoo asked “thank you?” He wasn’t sure if it was a compliment or not. 

“Yeah, your vibes are just killer today. Do you possibly want to go and grab a drink with me after work today?”

Jingoo looked over at her. Ashley jutted out her chest confidently, throwing him a smirk. “No thanks, I have plans.” 

“Maybe another day?” She placed a hand on his forearm. 

Jingoo sidestepped out of her grasp and tilted his head, raising his eyebrows with a smile he cleared his throat. “Are you flirting with me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Ashley smiled, giving him a wink. 

Jingoo cocked his head and returned his focus on the set. “I’m sorry but, I have a girlfriend.”

Ashley seemed taken a-back for a second but didn’t lose her confident demeanor. “Is she someone I know?” Jingoo didn’t reply, instead he patiently waited for the director to call them over. 

The shoot that day went by smoothly despite the not so subtle advances from Ashley. By the time that shoot was over it was pretty obvious that he was overly-giddy and excited for something. 

“Hyung! Hyung, hyung,” Jingoo waddled over to his manager. Tugging lightly on his manager's sleeve “let’s goooo.” Jimin apologized to the stylist he was talking to and both him and the impatient child quickly said their goodbyes. 

Getting into the van, Jingoo couldn’t stay still on his seat. He so badly wanted to pick up his phone and call her already but he didn’t want to seem desperate. Honestly though by now he was past desperate. There was just something about this girl that drove him crazy. He was just about to give in and send her a text but ended up not doing it because he was soon home. “Thank you!” he quickly let out before zooming out of the van. Jingoo began running into the apartment but was forced to slow down due to the odd stares he was getting from the Ajumma's who were taking a walk.