Salt Bae

Killing Me Softly

To say the least, Jingoo was hyped for tonight. Donned in a dark blue suit, he double checked his hair in the mirror once more. Ruffling it around with his fingers he made sure it sat just right. Blowing air into his hand he also checked his breath. Pleased with the outcome he stepped out of his car. Wanting to spend more time with her Jingoo had made sure to park a ways away.. 

On his short walk to her place. Jingoo acted out what he was going to say to her when he got there. “Hey,” he waived at nobody. Clearing his throat he tried once more, but with more bass. “Heeeeey,” satisfied with that greeting he gave himself a small pat on his shoulder. By now, he had arrived at her place. Straightening his suit once more he rang the doorbell. Waiting for her to appear he took a look around the neighborhood. It was in the richer part of town and all of the homes looked like chaebol homes. 

“Hi.” It may seem crazy but that simple greeting made the butterflies in his stomach begin fluttering. Her voice in a sense commanded his attention. The small flutters became as strong as a tornado when Jingoo turned around to look at her. He literally got the wind knocked out of him and kind’ve forgot how to breathe. She was simply gorgeous. 

Her dark red hair was braided into many mini braids and adorned with jewels. Her ears which were triple pierced on one side and only double on the other side had small star shaped diamonds in them. Her dress was a body fitting V-neck that curved around her shoulders. It stopped right above her knees. The black dress was a beautiful contrast to her brown skin. “Wow,” he let slip.

“I could say the same thing myself.” Arija replied.

“I’m sorry for staring but you look amazing,” Jingoo commented “your beauty surpasses that of a clear moon.” he smiled and winked at her.

“Eh…. thank you?” Arija awkwardly laughed, shaking her head at him “Ok Shakespeare, let's go on this date.” she extended her hand to him. Jingoo obliged, slipping his hand into hers. “Where’s your car?”

“Oh, I parked it over there.”

Arija looked at him crazy “why’d you park so far away?”

“I wanted to spend more time with you.” He flashed her his dimple. 

Rolling her eyes she went on “Anyways, you look really good in that suit. Navy blue suits you.”

“Thank you, my dad helped me pick it out.”

Arija didn’t say anything waiting for him to say it's a joke. “Wait? You’re serious?” Jingoo nodded “You told your dad about our date?”

“Of course, I totally talked you up to him.”

Arija looked up at him, baffled “Oh really? What’d you say?”

“I told him how you’re really pretty, smart, funny, and about how you smell really good.” 

“You told your dad I smell good?” He gave her a curt nod. “Well that's a first.” At this point they had made it to Jingoo’s car and it had settled in Arija that this boy was… different. Opening the door for her, like a gentleman he waited for her to get comfortable before closing it.

Getting into the car himself he asked “No one has ever told you you smell good?”

“No, no one has ever told their parents about our date.”

“I told him because I’m serious about you. I like you.”

“You’ve only known me for a couple of weeks.” Arija held his gaze.

“I know.” 

 


Jingoo had planned a very cliche date, a movie and dinner. Promptly after the movie had finished Jingoo took Arija to a restaurant. It was one that was owned by his friend in which he made a special request to have it all to himself that day. 

Leading her to the closed restaurant, Jingoo took out a single key from the inside of his suit jacket. “Why are we here?” Arija asked “the restaurant is closed.”

“I know.” Jingoo smirked, opening up the door he led Arija in. Taking her to the central table in the restaurant. The table was surrounded by rose petals along with candles. Jingoo headed to one side of the table and pulled out Arija’s chair. 

“Thank you.”

“My pleasure.” Jingoo didn’t take a seat though. “So I actually cooked today's meal.”

“Oh!” Arija leaned back,  placing her hand on her chest and she hyped him up “ok, chef!”

“No,” Jingoo shyly smiled down at her. “I’m not the best at cooking so I did have my friend help me out with the recipe a little bit.”

“Well, personally I can only cook rice so that is completely fine.” She reassured him.

“Ok,” he nodded, clasping his hands together he said “I’m going to go and grab the food then.”

While Jingoo went to the back for the meal Arija took the time to look around at the restaurant. It was romantic really. From the rose petals, to the lighting, and music. It was beautiful. 

“So,” Jingoo said as he pushed out the trolley cart with their meal “I was going to start us off with a salad but I told my friend that I had everything all under control but I don’t so we are going to skip the entree and head straight into the main meal.”

“Sounds good.” 

“Great.” Jingoo uncovered the meal to reveal the steak he prepared.

“Wow!” Arija exclaimed, “that looks and smells really good.”

“Well I sure hope it tastes good.” He placed her plate in front of her. “Wine, mademoiselle?”

“Oui, merci.” 

After placing the steak in front of Arija, who was practically drooling now, Jingoo placed a respectful hand on his chest and began pouring the wine. “Enjoy.”

With her brows raised in anticipation and a gleeful smile on her face Arija cut out a small piece. Jingoo who had settled down across her with his food watched, anxious for her reaction. When she finally placed it in her smile slightly wavered and she looked up at Jingoo almost frantically. 

Jingoo sighed dejected “You don’t like it?”

Eyes wide Arija quickly chewed forcing the salty meat down . “No, it’s really good.” she cleared .

Jinggo glared at her “liar.”

“No, I’m serious it’s good. You could’ve just laid off on the salt a bit.”

Curious, Jingoo cut a small piece and put it in his mouth. Not a second later he picked up his napkin and turned away from Arija in order to dispose of the food. Once he had tossed that away he promptly got up and attempted to retrieve the meal from Arija. “Don’t eat it, you might die.” 

Arija laughed at his reaction but stopped him from taking the meal by placing her hand on top of his. “Stop, I'm going to eat it?”

“Why?” Jingoo asked “I don’t want you to ruin your precious taste buds.”

“Thank you for your concern” Arija cut another piece “but, you made me this food. I’m going to eat it.” and she plopped it in and chewed away. 

Making his way back to his chair Jingoo watched as she ate. Although he knew she was probably dying on the inside, seeing her happily eat his food made his chest warm up. Placing his hand on his chest he patted it to calm it. 

“Are you okay?” Arija asked, extending her water towards him. “Drink it’ll make you feel better.”

“I’m okay,” Jingoo pushed it back “you need this more than me.” Placing his elbow on the table and laying his chin in his palm Jingoo happily watched Arija eat. 

“Stop that,” Arija complained, “it’s weird.”

“Stop what?”

“Staring at me while I eat, it’s weird.”

Ignoring her request he commented “Did you know that you look very pretty tonight.” 

Rolling her eyes at him she returned her focus on her salty meat. She had a few more pieces to go and her brother taught her better than to waste food. Also, this was food someone took the time to make for her, she couldn’t just not eat it.

While Arija ate Jingoo sipped on his wine, they made small talk here and there. 

 

 


“That was beautiful tonight Jingoo.” Arija complimented him as they walked back up to her house “thank you, really”.

“I’m happy you liked it, wish the food would’ve turned out better though.”

They stopped at her gate “Hey, it's the thought that counts. Next time let’s just order in or something.”

“Next time?” Jingoo pondered on her words for a second, a huge smile spreading on his face. “Okay!”

Arija opened the door next to her gate, but before going in she turned around, getting on her tippy toes she placed a light kiss on Jingoo’s cheek. “Goodnight.” and with that she entered her home. 

Jingoo didn’t leave until her footsteps disappeared but to anyone who might’ve passed by while he was making sure she didn’t fall down the stairs or something they saw a man stupidly smiling at a door.