Morning Glory

Killing Me Softly

 

 

It was a couple days later in the late afternoon when she agreed to meet Jingoo again. He had finally gotten her necklace fixed and had asked her to meet. They agreed to meet at a convenience store of her choice. Jingoo was early, he was sitting at a table outside waiting for her. Nearing their meeting time he could see her approaching him from a distance. She had on thigh high Adidas shorts, a black sweatshirt, and a dog on a leash accompanying her. Watching her approach he gave her a tired smile and small wave. “Hey,” he greeted her.

“Hello.” she smiled back, taking the seat across from him.

“Who is this cutie?” he asked, bending down to pet her dog.

“This is Momo, my most loyal companion.”

Jingoo beamed at the dog “Hi Momo.” he patted it some more before sitting up. Placing his hands in his black sweatshirt he looked over at the girl who has been occupying his mind for the last week. “I missed you” he genuinly said, earning a playful glare from her. 

She rolled her eyes “as if.”

Jingoo pouted “I did though, you’ve made it hard for me to do my job cause all I can do is think of you.” She let out a ‘heh’ and just shook her head in disbelief. “I’m telling the truth!” Jingoo defended himself not liking that he wasn’t being taken seriously. 

“Yes yes, I totally believe you.” she said sarcastically before leaning in and seriously saying “now, the goods.”

Jingoo looked at her for a second before shaking his head in disappointment. “You didn’t even think of me once.” he asked downheartedly as he took out the necklace from his pocket. 

She shrugged “maybe, maybe not.”

“What does that even mean?” he got up from his chair and walked over to her side of the table. Standing behind her, he attempted to put the necklace on her but was interuptted when she whipped her head back. 

Looking up at him she asked “what are you doing?” Jingoo took her by the shoulders and turned her back around. 

“Calm down.” he unclasped the necklace and brought it around her neck, in the process his fingers touched her nape causing her to shiver. Clasping it again he moved to her side and bent down. Once more taking her shoulders she turned her slightly so that he could see how it looked. “Pretty.” he couldn’t help but have a small satisfied smile.

As he stood he let out a loud yawn covering his mouth with the back of his hand. She got up out of her seat as well. “You seem tired. Did you drive here?” she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

“Yeah, but I’ll be alright.” 

“It’s dangerous to drive when you’re tired though.” she said to herself quietly. Shaking her head she suddenly passed the leash she was holding to him. “Wait for me, I’ll be right back.” with that she began making her way into the convenience store. Jingoo looked down at Momo, the dog's bedazzled collar catching his eye. 

“You know what Momo?” Jingoo talked down to the dog “I know your name but I still don’t know your owner's name.” not soon after she came back with a beverage in her hand. She took Momo’s leash back and handed Jingoo a coffee. 

“Drink that.” she commanded.

“Thank you…” Jingoo motioned his hand for her to finish his sentence.

“What?” she asked. 

“Name.” Jingoo answered “I don’t know your name.” 

“I don’t know your name either.” she pointed out. 

“Isn’t that crazy?” Jingoo took a sip of his coffee. “We’ve slept together, and I’ve confessed to you, all that without knowing each other's name.”

She shrugged “it could happen.”

“So pretty lady, what’s your name?”

“Arija, and you?”

“Jingoo.” he answered but then realised something “wait, you don’t know who I am?”

Arija shook her head “Was I supposed to? I mean you didn’t know who I was.” she pointed out.

“You’ve really never heard of me?”

Arija cocked her head “I mean ever since we met at the club you've seemed familiar but besides that nothing.” she shrugged off his suspicion."Have you really never heard of me?"

Jingoo shook his head 'No'. Taking a sip of his coffee he intruigly hummed, squinting his eyes at her he gave her a once over. “Interesting, interesting indeed.” 

Arija rolled her eyes “Come walk with Momo and I around the block, then I’ll let you go home.”

“Oh,” Jingoo smiled coyly at her, “you don’t want to part with me?” He raised and lowered his eyebrows repeatedly, suggesting something.

Arija ignored him and started walking “You can come with me if you want but if you don’t that is all up to you.” Jingoo obviously followed. Just like that Jingoo and Arija took a nice morning stroll around her neighborhood. If one was to see them from a distance they would think that they were a couple taking a morning walk together. For the most part their walk was quiet and peaceful. Just the two of them enjoying their time together. They made a short stop at a playground they were passing by. Swinging on the swings they allowed Momo to run free around the empty playground. Jingoo popped the question he was trying to keep himself from asking. “Will you go on a date with me?” he twisted his swing around to face her. Arija turned her head to look at him as well. “I’ve asked you this so many times and I'll continue asking until you give me a definite yes or no.” 

“Yes.”

“I mean if you think about it,” Jingoo rambled on missing her answer. “I’m a great catch; I’m tall, handsome and-” Jingoo stopped “Wait what did you say?”

Arija laughed at his silliness “I said yes. I’ll go on a date with you.”

Jingoo was silent for a while, not knowing what to say. He raised his feet and his swing naturally twisted back in place “Okay, that's great news. I just thought you were going to be ambigous again and not give me a straight answer but now that you did I really don't know what to say.” 

“You know,” Arija got up from the swing. She walked over to Momo who was not far off. Putting her leash on once more she walked back to Jingoo. “for someone who doesn't know what to say you're really saying a whole lot. Just get ready to blow my boots off on our first date” she stretched out a hand to him and as if it was the most natural thing in the world he took it.

“I mean,” he smirked “I already did on our first night.” Arija frowned at his dirty remark and attempted take back her hand. Jingoo pulled her back by her waist and held her hand tighter "I'm not kidding but don't worry I surely will take you on the best date you've ever been on that it'll blow your boots off." he winked at her. They walked like that back to the front of the convenience store where Jingoo had parked. 

“Okay,” Arija took her hand back. “This is where I say goodbye.” she waved at him as she slowly walked backwards, a smile on her face. “Don’t forget about our date, ok?” 

“I would be crazy to forget.” Jingoo replied. Arija turned around and went her way and Jingoo followed suit by entering his car and driving off. All of this happened with both Jingoo and Arija unaware of the lady with the camera who had been following them since early that morning. 





 

 

 

 

Hi guys! This is author-nim Mars here. Please don’t be shy to leave comments. I love reading what you guys think so don’t be shy :)