Strawberry Chocolates

Killing Me Softly

[recap]

“Ah, this?” He looked down at it for a second, as if contemplating his next move. Suddenly, he bent down on his knee. Eyes glistening he laid his briefcase down and opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. “Will you marry me?”

[end of recap]

Arija looked at the box then Jingoo, then the box again. “Of course I will you big doof!” with that she signaled for him to stand up so that she could hug him. Wrapping her arms around his neck, he hoisted her up and spun her. Setting her down once again, they both looked deeply into each other's eyes before both erupting in laughter. Jingoo beamed, slipping the obviously way too large ring on her finger he got up and twirled her in an embrace. Placing her back down they burst out in laughter. “Where did you get this? It looks so real.” Arija asked, looking down at her ring.

“It is real.”

Arija deadpanned “Jingoo, you weren’t serious were you?”

Jingoo feigned hurt “No. I really like you but we just met.”

“Whoo! Arija exclaimed. You scared me.”

“Yeah but it’s real. They let me keep these clothes from the set but I guess I forgot to give back the ring.”

“You better return it soon, it looks expensive.”

“It probably is.” He followed after her. They walked into her home. This was the first time Jingoo was seeing it outside of their facetimes. It was as warm and bright as he had recalled. With white being the main color it was sprinkled in dashes of color here and there.

“But, for you nothing is too expensive.”

Arija went silent for a bit, slowly taking in the level of cringe he had just spewed out. “Eughhh.” she finally physically converged after processing it all.

“Okay, that was a bit much.”

“Why would you say that though?”

“Because it's true.”

Arija didn’t say anything and simply rolled her eyes causing him to chuckle. Taking his shoes off at the door he allowed his eyes to roam around. There was a lot of light brown used in her home. The white couch that was in the living room had a comfortable and alluring look to it. It reminded Jingoo of the times he had called her. She would be in her backyard, in her office, or on that couch. To the left of the living room was a wall with a big oval top opening leading into the kitchen, he could see an island and a bar.

“Are you going to stand there forever or are you gonna come in?” Arija grinned at him. She was proud of her home, she took great care in making it somewhere she was comfortable existing.

Jingoo smiled up at her. Raising his arm holding his briefcase he asked, “Is there anywhere I can change into my clothes?”

Arija nodded and turned, leading the way. She took a right into a hallway. The first door on the corner was the restroom. She opened the door for him. “If you need towels, they’re in one of the drawers above.”

He sidestepped into the restroom, gently placing a hand on her waist on his way in. “Thank you.” he placed a soft kiss on her cheek. This action wasn’t that big of a deal. But, to the touch deprived Arija who was unable to get Jingoo out of her head for the days he’s been absent, this action was akin to dangling a bottle of cool water in front of someone who’s been stuck under the Sahara sun for days. Arija inhaled sharply, realizing how loud she did that she tried to cover it up with a cough. Jingoo was still however able to hear her response to his touch, knowing what he did to her made his chest warm up. Arija leaned against the door frame staring dreamily at him. Jingoo, who had placed his case on the side of the sink, looked up at her. “Are you going to watch me change?”

“Huh?” Arija asked, not fully there. What he did to her clouded her judgment temporarily.

Jingoo turned to face her, at the belt on his hips he asked, “I mean I don’t mind if you watch but, it might lead to something other than us just chilling.”

Seeing him free himself of his belt and move on to his buttons and slowly his zipper caused Arija to get back to her senses. “Oh I’m sorry.” She whispered and quickly left. She had left so quickly she forgot to close the door behind her. Jingoo shook his head with a smile as he watched her ditzy away. As if she suddenly remembered her mistake Arija’s arm could be seen reaching out and grabbing the door before pulling it closed. Jingoo glanced at the now closed door, letting out a chuckle he continued changing.

Whilst Jingoo was getting changed, Arija took the chance to get everything she bought laid out in her living room. Taking a couple of bottles of Soju out, she placed them on the table. She also placed out the assortment of chips she had bought. Satisfied with the layout she went into the kitchen with the remaining bottle of soju and placed them all in the fridge to cool. Upon placing the drinks in the fridge she noticed the plate of fruits she had gotten recently and decided they should eat those instead of the chips, especially that late at night. Carrying two forks and the plate of fruits Arija was on her way back to the living room, just as Jingoo was on his way there as well.

He gave her a small smile. With one hand holding his case he reached out to help her with the plate of fruits, following her to the living room. Arija plopped herself down on the sofa and it seemed to engulf her. Jingoo on the other hand gently placed himself on the floor, next to Arija’s legs. Frowning slightly, Arija had wanted him to sit next to her, but she said nothing of it. She looked down at him longingly as popped a strawberry into his mouth. She got a small flashback of those same lips dragging along her collarbones. This made Arija involuntarily gulp as her thirst seemed to increase.

Sensing a pair of eyes on him Jingoo tilted his head up looking at the owner of said eyes. Arija wasn’t sure if he did it on purpose but the tiny action exposed his nicely tanned neck. “What’s up?” His bright eyes showed nothing but innocence. Arija looked away for a second, embarrassed at the starkly contrasting thoughts she was having. She really didn’t know what was up with her today. It was as if she had lost total control of her body and emotions.

Quickly, Arija had to come up with a cover up for her prying eyes. She scanned his face and noticed how the edges of his bangs were slightly damp. Reaching her perfectly manicured fingers down, she at the hairs near his forehead. “Did you wash your face? Your hair is damp.”

Jingoo let out a light grunt as his answer. Arija nodded, accepting his answer she zoned out once more as she lost herself playing with his hair. It was just so impossibly soft, after a few she pulled back satisfied. Jingoo on the other hand, was now salivating more than normal. Although her actions were out of innocence, Jingoo couldn’t help but flashback of those same finger tugging at his scalp as she moaned into his ear. Attempting to distract himself of those thoughts he absentmindedly reached out for a strawberry and held it out to her, his eyes had never left her. “You want some?” he asked.

Arija who was busy scrolling through netflix glanced down at the strawberry that he was holding out for her. Jingoo had assumed that she would reach out and take it from him but instead, she did something that increased the salivation in his mouth to an embarrassing level. This girl instead decided to lean down and eat from his hand. See this wouldn’t really be a big deal except the fact that her lips wrapping around the tiny strawberry and lightly around his finger coupled with Jingoo’s previous thoughts caused the shorts he had just changed into to constrict uncomfortably. Gulping Jingoo watched as Arija went back to looking for a film to watch as if what had just happened didn’t happen. Shaking himself out of it Jingoo stood and excused himself, careful to not straighten out too much, afraid she would see what she did to him.

Arija nodded, only throwing him a slight glance before continuing her search. Jingoo on the other hand returned to the bathroom he was just previously teasing her in. Leaning against the sink he looked at himself in the mirror. His face was slightly flushed and eyes darker. Looking at his hair the damp ends were drying out and Jingoo held himself back from running water through his hair, just so that he could feel her touch on him again. Jingoo laughed at his childishness, the fact that he would do that just to feel her hands on him again was sad. Jingoo took another minute to himself, breathing in deeply he forcefully curbed his desires. Walking back into the living room, this time Jingoo took a seat on the couch. Not too close to Arija, yet not too far.

Arija noticed this and smiled to herself. While he was in the bathroom she had decided on a movie to watch and it had just started playing. Although this was a movie she actually enjoyed, she was too distracted by the man next to her to care much for it. She glanced over at him and saw that he was engrossed in the movie. Arija didn’t mean to stare but she couldn’t help it. Tearing her eyes away from him she forced herself to pay attention to the film.

On the other side of the couch Jingoo was working hard to not get too excited again. He could feel her eyes on him but was afraid he would lose himself in them if he looked over, then it would really be over. There wouldn’t be any going back, feelings wise. It wasn’t normal for him to feel this way so early and he knew it. Especially with the type of work he did. It was something he didn’t want to think about but was forced to face in the daily. Hearing the ping notification on his phone he was thankful for the distraction. Pulling out his phone, Jimin had texted him to finalize the schedule for the next couple of days.

Slowly Jingoo was less immersed in the movie they were watching and focused more on getting his schedule figured out. Arija on the other side of the couch was also having internal conflict. On one hand she wanted to give him all of her, just like that night. Yet, on the other she wanted to take things slow with him and feel it out. But then again, she’s never been shy about getting what she wanted. The main reason why she was even in Korea at the moment was because she went for what she wanted. Right now, she wanted him, and in her opinion it seemed as if he wanted her as well.

Mustering up her courage Arija looked over to the man that was occupying her mind these days. Her eyes traveled across his jawline, leading her to his lips, nose and finally eyes, which weren’t looking at her. She wanted to change that. Scooting over to his side of the couch, she leaned in.

“Look at me.” she at his stubbled jaw. He gave her a nonchalant “hm” but never looked up. Grabbing his jaw she turned his head towards her, locking him with her eyes. Using her other hand she tossed his phone to the side. She then settled her knees to the sides of him, straddling him. She took a moment to just look into his eyes, as if searching for something. It was just a second but as if she finally found her answer, she bent down to place a light kiss on his lips. “I told you to look at me.” she whispered on his lips when they took a second to breath.

His eyes had closed momentarily as he awaited more of her kisses, “I’m sorry.” He whispered, eyes fluttering open.

“Don’t tell me,” she said, grazing her manicured ombre nails on his neck, giving him a soft peck “show me.”

“With pleasure.” with that he took a firm grip of her waist and pulled her in closer to himself. As if he was trying to mend her into himself. In mere seconds the soft pecks turned into fluent french. Lips, teeth, and tongues dancing a dance so precise and fluid it was as if they had practiced. After a few minutes of that Jingoo’s lips slowly began to play down her neck and to her collarbones. With his head tucked in her neck and hair he couldn’t hold himself back from breathing her in. “I want more of you.” He said in a voice so low and deep that it resonated throughout Arija’s body, the proximity of his lips near her ears didn’t help at all.

“What’s stopping you?” Arija sighed, burying her fingers in his hair.

With a growl Jingoo stood, Arija wrapped her legs around his midriff. Lips still locked to each other Jingoo journeyed out to find Arija’s room. Two doors later, he was successful. Wasting no time contrary to the intensity of his feelings he laid her down on her sheets softly. Pulling away, he looked down at her, his heart forgetting a beat. “Thank you.” He said after a few seconds.

Before Arija could question him, he went back to driving her crazy. Kissing down her body whilst taking off her clothes. He was a man on a mission. Wanting to do everything in perfection just so that she would feel how he has felt since he met her. Craving her presence, her touch, and her warmth. Her staking claim on his heart and occupying every thought he had. She didn’t know how crazy she made him but, after tonight, he was avid on making sure she did.

“Jingoo…” Arija breathlessly whispered.

Jingoo made his way back up her body, his fingers occupying themselves down below. “Hm?” he answered innocently. Staring down into her eyes. Arija wasn’t looking at him; however, her head had rolled back as her mind was unable to comprehend the pleasure this man was giving her. One of her hands dug themselves into his hair whilst the other searched for a sense of grounding in the headboard behind her. This was going to be one long night.