Night

Killing Me Softly

Later that night Arija was having a cup of tea while she was watching tea when she got a call from Jingoo. Placing her cup of tea on her glass table she snuggled up in her blanket before answering her phone. When she answered her phone she was greeted by a handsome man who goes by the name Jingoo. He was laying on his bed and although he looked tired he still gave her a smile.

 

 


Jingoo P.o.V

Jingoo plopped onto his bed. It was late in the evening and he had just gotten out of his shower. Laying on his bed for just a second his mind began wondering and his thoughts eventually led him back to her. Prying his eyes open her reached over to his counter, albeit still laying down, and facetimed her. As soon as she picked up and Jingoo could see her, all that came to his mind was how pretty she looked. He flashed her one of his killer smiles and greeted her “Hello beautiful.” She truly was beautiful. Compared to this morning when she had her hair pulled up into a bun, she had her hair out and her beautiful coils were dancing around her face as she bounced around and got comfortable in her white blanket.

She smiled back at him and Jingoo’s heart skipped a beat “Good evening handsome.”

“Aw,” Jingoo his back and raised his arm, tucking it behind his head. Mind you this man was shirtless and this simple action caused his muscle to flex involuntarily. Jingoo believed that he saw her catch her breath. “You think I’m handsome?”

She gave him a ‘you’ve got to be kidding me look’. “Surely you own a mirror because what type of question is that?” 

Jingoo wrinkled his nose “I just wanted to hear you say it again.”

Arija rolled her eyes but obliged “Good evening handsome.”

Jingoo’s face automatically lit up and his huge smile became even bigger. Taking his hand from behind his head he covered his face. “Ah you spoil me.” He could hear her giggle.

“What are you up to?” she asked him.

“I just got back from work and out of the shower, thought I’d call you before I go to bed. You?”

“I got off work early today so I’ve just been relaxing at home. I’m just drinking tea and watching some tv.”

“Oh really? What are you watching?”

“I don’t know,” she fiddled around and Jingoo guessed that she was reaching for the remote. “I just the T.V. so I’m watching whatever's on.”

“Hm, do you watch T.V. often?”

“No, not the traditional T.V. I watch more youtube and like Netflix. Oh!” she suddenly exclaimed and her eyes moved to the T.V. Jingoo watched as her surprised face turned to curiosity then pure satisfaction. “Your face just popped up on screen.” she glanced at him but then as quickly returned to the screen.

“What? Really? Let me see.” Jingoo asked.

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“But why? I wanna see.”

“Wow I know you said you were an actor but you’re an actual actor.” She continued to gawk at the TV. Seeing that he had lost her attention Jingoo began to sulk. Not wanting to be ignored Jingoo let out a loud yawn in an attempt to get her attention but that didn’t work. 

“Wah!” He exclaimed, finally piquing her attention because she turned to look at him. “I never once in my life thought I’d ever get jealous of myself but you’re making the impossible possible.”

She chuckled at him but he could see her picking up her remote to turn off the T.V. “Sorry, that was rude. It’s just that you’re a really good actor.”

“Thank you for the compliment but I’m not all that.” He attempted to divert the attention “So for our date for tomorrow are you alright with a movie and dinner?” 

Arija was now active and on the move. She had gotten up from her couch and Jingoo could see her now going into a room which turned out to be her bedroom because she plopped down on her sky blue comforters. “Yeah, that sounds good. What time?”

“I was thinking of picking you up at around 7:00, how’s that sound?”

“That sounds a-okay with me.” She gave him a smile as she adjusted herself on the bed. Laying her head on her pillow Jingoo noticed something glare against the light. 

“So what’s the story behind the necklace?” 

“Oh,” Arija’s hand seemed to instinctively reach up to her necklace. “My grandmother gave it to me. I really like wearing jewelry and can’t leave the house without wearing something. When I was younger I had really big and according to my father unattainable dreams. He often compared my dreams to the stars because you can see stars and admire them but you can never truly own or obtain a star, so he compared my dream to them.” As she continued to tell this story Arija’s eyes went a bit dull, as if just the mere memory saddened her. “Anywho, he really rammed this idea that I will never reach my dreams. One day he kind’ve took it a bit far and my grandmother was there to witness everything so she went out and got this necklace made for me. She gave it to me as a present and told me not to let anyone else’s opinion of me or my dreams deter me from trying to reach them. She told me whether or not I did reach them that she would always be on my side and that I will always be her brightest shining star.”

“You’re grandmother is amazing.” 

“She really is.” Arija refocused her attention on Jingoo. “How about you? Has acting always been something you wanted to do?”

Jingoo thought for a second “I was interested in it once, when I was younger.”

“When you were younger? It still not something you like?”

“I honestly don’t know to be honest. I remember one day I asked my mom if I could go to an audition for a show. My mom took me and I got the roll but I feel as If after that something that was just an interest on my part became someone else’s dream. My mom had this vision of me become something amazing and she just looked so proud and happy and would brag about it to all her friends. I couldn’t find a way to tell her I was all that interested in it. But then again I also wasn’t that against it so I just did it.” 

“What made you lose interest?”

“It’s just that one movie turned into a couple of shows. I just never got to enjoy my childhood is what I feel like. I lost a lot of friends and just missed out on a lot. That’s why when I have kids I kind've want to be like your grandmother. Support them in what they like.”

Arija nodded in understanding before giving him a cheeky smile “so you want kids?” 

Jingoo grinned in reply “Of course, who doesn’t?”

“How many?”

Jingoo faked a baffled look “I’m sorry but Arija-shi, don’t you think your moving a bit too fast?”

Arija bursted out in laughter “what?!”

“Anyways I’m saying too much, I need to leave at least a bit of mystery so that you keep coming back.” 

“Why does knowing how many kids you want a mystery?”

“Because,” Jingoo reasoned “last time I checked you haven’t put a ring on this finger so why should I tell you something like that?”

Arija gave him a look “So you can talk about engagement but I can’t talk about kids?”

“It’s different.” 

“How?”

“You see-“ Jingoo began his long explanation on how they were different. They both went on bickering like that until both of them fell asleep. Still on facetime and one still from his shower. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Authors note: 

Hey!!!!   Big Brother Hello GIF by Identity - Find & Share on GIPHY

Y'all I honstly have been working oon this chapter for the longest time now and only got it finished because I was procrastinating on my actual homework.

Enjoy!