China

The Weather Was Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui stares outside the window while the car is speeding through the road. His head is hurting, like really hurting, but his driver doesn’t get the hint as he zooms pass everyone else.

 

Minghao is fiddling with the small screen on the dock.

 

He can’t believe he’s stuck with his narcissistic boss, of all people he’s supposed to drive today.

 

“Can you please ing slow down?”

 

“So nice of you to be considerate with your words while saying ‘ you.’”

 

“I didn’t even—“ Junhui drags his hands down his face.

 

#

 

Mingyu browses through the drafts Seungcheol’s secretary passed to him. It’s his job to correct corrections if there’s any, kind of like working in tandem with the secretary most of the time before they give the papers to Seungcheol.

 

Seungcheol is a position superior to him and directly under the CEO.

 

Jooheon passes by his cubicle, then comes back to inform him he has a call from line 2.

 

“‘Sup—“

 

“Yeah, well, you!”

 

Mingyu looks at the phone weirdly. He presses it on his ear again and more profanities register, going out of the other, just that happening for a whole minute straight before Minghao finally talks to him.

 

“Hey, I’m very sorry about that—“

 

“Who even gave you the right to use my ing car to call your friend?!”

 

“What the hell?”

 

Seungcheol passes by.

 

“Is there a problem?”

 

“Oh it’s nothing, hyu—I mean sunbae.” He grins. The older goes back to his office and Mingyu hisses on the phone. “It was nice hearing from you again, Hao.”

 

Minghao flips him a finger through the rear view mirror.

 

Junhui rolls his eyes.

 

“Why am I stuck with you?”

 

“Mingyu! It’s been a long time!”

 

He steps on the gas pedal, sending his boss flying toward the other side of the backseat. He hits his head on the window which doubles the headache he’s feeling and he curses yet again. Minghao smirks. It always makes him happy to hear him in pain.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I’m good! Everything’s good.”

 

“How about Seungkwan? Wonwoo hyung? Yah, I heard you have a new baby!”

 

Junhui rolls his eyes again.

 

“Wonwoo wanted to have another child.”

 

“I’m happy for the both of you.”

 

“Thanks, Hao.”

 

“What’s his name?”

 

“Hanso—“

 

“Hey! Hey! I’m sorry to break your mood,” Minghao almost hits the lamppost because Junhui’s leaning too much on his arm. “But I’m late for my meeting, peasant.”

 

“That’s why I’m speeding up the car, you moron, and you tell me to ing slow down then what the hell do you really ing want?!”

 

Mingyu doesn’t know how he became friends with Minghao (or Myungho, Korean name) when his mouth is as dirty as everything he’s allergic of. It’s also weird, how he talks to his boss like that when the Chinese male told him a few months ago that he got a job as a driver of a famous Chinese businessman and he calls him suddenly while having a fight.

 

He listens to the two bickering when Jooheon passes by his cubicle again and sighs.

 

“Line 1.”

 

“Gotcha.”

 

Even though Minghao isn’t listening to him, he tells him that Wonwoo is calling and hangs up. He’ll call again if he needs anything.

 

“Hey, honey. What’s up?”

 

“Hey, Mingyu. Listen, I need to go to this wedding later on to arrange the flowers since I’m sponsoring all of them. It’s okay if you can’t since we have the van over, but can you drop me off?”

 

Wonwoo bows slightly to the customers entering the shop.

 

“Sure thing. I think I remember you telling me about that and I’ll be able to leave work to go to the shop.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter