New Faces

The Weather Was Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow.”

 

“Double wow.”

 

“Triple wow!”

 

“Wow!” Soonyoung tugs on Seungcheol’s dress shirt and points at the house—no, it’s actually Jeonghan’s mansion. “Appa look! Uncle Jeonghan’s house is so big!”

 

“Yeah,” And he still can’t get over it even though he’s seen it yesterday. The front door opens and Jeonghan smiles at their direction, holding on Jihoon’s hand. In no time the little boy opens the gate while his father waits for him to hold his hand again and the visitors step in.

 

“You have such a nice home, Jeonghan.” Wonwoo’s eyes twinkle. “It looks really cozy in here.”

 

“Thanks. Come in!”

 

He moves to the side and welcomes them in. Seungcheol goes into shock mode, much more than what he saw from outside. Everything just looks sophisticated as the cream walls and brown furniture compliment each other. From the front door they see the living room with a humongous flat screen TV mounted on the wall, the longest sofa Seungcheol has ever seen, then a spread out furry white rug underneath a glass coffee table.

 

To their left is the entrance to the kitchen where an island is situated at the middle. Numerous high stools in soft brown and tiled counters, cupboards, compartments, and a pile of sweets and snacks at the corner.

 

“Those look yummy, appa.”

 

“I know.”

 

Wonwoo elbows Mingyu on his stomach.

 

Jeonghan laughs and motions for them to go deeper in his house.

 

“Do you guys want a tour around?”

 

“It’s oka—“

 

“Yes, please!”

 

“Kim Mingyu.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m glad.” Jihoon, as if automatically, takes his father’s hand and they ascend the stairs. Soonyoung is still looking around as they go up and almost trips on the way but Seungcheol is there to hold him. They stop by the very last step and sees another living room.

 

“Now a gaming console. Just wow.”

 

“Jihoon you play all these?”

 

He nods at Seungkwan.

 

“Cool!”

 

“That is Jihoon’s room.“

 

Soonyoung whispers to Jihoon. “Can we go in there?”

 

“Um,”

 

“We can?”

 

If only the blind man can see their spakrly and big eyes he might go crazy at the cuteness.

 

“Yeah, if you want to?”

 

“Jihoon let’s go!” They pull on the small boy and jump up and down as they wait for him to open the brown door. Mingyu shakes his head then they follow Jeonghan to the other side, going inside rooms where numerous instruments are leaning nicely on the wall.

 

“This is the music room, if I’m not mistaken that is if I didn’t lose my direction. But anyway, yeah,” He claps his hands. “My husband owned all of them and they haven’t been touched ever since.”

 

There is an awkward silence between the three who look at each other. Jeonghan doesn’t notice himself he said something about Jisoo, and they don’t press on it further as they already know what happened.

 

“And this is my room.” They only face a door that has a different color than anything else. Just like the walls, it camouflages like it’s not there at all. The only thing that makes it visible is the golden knob. “Should we go to the garden?”

 

“Wonwoo, they have a garden!”

 

 

“Jeonghan?”

 

“Ah, good morning!” Jeonghan stands and the three follow, staring at the grandmother who welcomes herself in the house. She bows and they do the same, and they sit back down while the owner and she busy themselves with more talking.

 

Seungcheol excuses himself with the reason he’s going to check on the kids and ask them how they’ve been behaving so far. As he re-enters the house by himself, he stops and looks at the frames hanging on the walls and placed on a cabinet positioned near the entrance; the typical place, wherein you put keys and all other stuff but nothing is in there except for more pictures.

 

Wonwoo must have felt he also wanted to take another tour around as his husband, Jeonghan, and the grandmother all immerse themselves with cooking. And he stands beside Seungcheol, eyes squinting to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter