End

The Uncool Kid

Sehun isn’t surprised when Kris’s expulsion and the Couch’ being fired is announced a few days later. Both of those idiots are corrupt and deserve it. He’s also quite happy when Kai is picked as the next captain, his boyfriend quickly accepts the new position. He’s seen how hard Kai practices and how much the other guys like him.

 

“Look at that,” Sehun hums. “You’re new to the school by a year or so and you already made captain.” He admires his new photo hanging up. “You’re making this wall handsome!”

 

Kai laughs and shakes his head. “Whatever you say. I was captain at my last school too.”

 

“Of course you are, mr. perfect,” Sehun snorts, now noticing as Luhan walks over. The boy looks tired and sweaty. “Hey, Lu. Is that the new gloves you bought the other day?”

 

“Huh?” His brother looks down at the gloves hanging over his shoulders and nods. Sehun notices the boy’s wrapped hands. “Oh yeah, it is.” he stops beside them, looking at the photos. “I saw them take down Kris’ picture.”

 

Kai shifts around uncomfortably. “R-right. Um…”

 

“Hey, don’t worry,” Luhan speaks up, “You won’t have any complaints from me; especially all of the stupid texts Kris left me last night. I think he was drunk.”

 

“Really?” Sehun frowns. “What’d he say?”

 

The brother pulls his phone out and hands it to him. “Look for yourself.” Sehun finds the messages from Kris, sighing as he reads them. They’re a lot, calling him so many names, or telling him to go die. The last one calls him a , which Luhan hasn’t responded to. Sehun purses his lips before beginning to text. “What...what are you doing?”

 

“Texting him back.”

 

“Why?”

 

Luhan: ? ive been called worse

 

Sehun waits for a response, rests an arm on Luhan’s shoulder as he does so. “Let’s see. If I know egotistical pricks at all, he should text right about…” he clicks his tongue when there’s a notification. “Now.”

 

: yeah like what?

 

He glances at Luhan, who just shrugs in response. 

 

Luhan: like your boyfriend

 

Satificed, Sehun hands it back to his brother. “Just block him.”

 

Luhan laughs at the text, shaking his head before he pockets it. “God, you’ve always been braver than me…”

 

“You’ll get there if you keep whatever you’re doing,” He shrugs, going back to Kai’s side. “I have to admit, I’m really impressed. I’ve seen you practicing after school a lot.”

 

Luhan smiles bashfully. “W-well, the boxing club said that they’ll let me join if I keep working hard.”

 

“You can do it,” Kai encourages. “At first, it gets hard. But it’ll be easier; especially after any soreness goes away.”

 

“So you two were this sore at first?”

 

Sehun doesn’t know why but he immediately thought back to their first time in the car. And by the sly smile on Kai’s face, he did too. He clears his throat. “Yeah, pretty much. I was um...pretty sore but it was an awesome sore. Maybe even a...giddy sort.”

 

“Giddy?” Luhan hums, seeming to think about it. “Because you worked so hard?”

 

The boy tries not to blush, nodding quickly. “Yes, a lot of hard, hard work. Seriously, though, it’s worth it. And if you think you’re fit now? Imagine yourself months from now.”

 

“I can basically eat whatever I want,” Kai puts in.

 

“No, you can’t,” Sehun glares. “Eating fried chicken all the time is NOT good for an athlete.”

 

“I can eat whatever I want, sometimes,” his boyfriend corrects. 

 

“Stick with us and with D.O and Suho’s cooking and health obsession, you’ll be in the best shape of your life,” Sehun laughs. It sounds like a joke but it really isn’t. Thanks to those two, he eats really well.

 

Luhan slowly nods. “Well, um...I should go shower; i’m all gross and sweaty,” He sighs, pushing his lavender hair out of his eyes; though the roots are starting to show. “I’ll see you guys later.”
 

 

“See ya,” Sehun says, watching as his brother walks off; greeting one or two people. He smiles and lets out a sigh. “Our little boy is growing up,” he jokes. 

 

Kai shakes his head, grabbing Sehun’s hand and starting to lead him out of the school. Classes had ended two hours ago but they both stayed for practice and to see the new photo. 

 

“I actually want to talk to you about something.”

 

“Aw shoot, is there when you tell me you’re actually married?”

 

“Totally,” The athlete snorts. Sehun’s confused when they walk past the parking lot; his motorcycle nowhere in sight. Seeing his confusion, his boyfriend speaks up. “I wanted to walk you home, so I let Suho use it.”

 

Sehun gets a little nervous at this. He hates any kind of serious talks, really. He’s never had one in a relationship before. “S-so what is it?”

 

Kai pulls Sehun over to a bench at the park; one Baekhyun and he used to go to all the time in their childhood. “Okay, you don’t need to look so nervous,” He laughs. “It’s nothing bad.”

 

“R-right…”

 

“Well,” He takes a deep breath. “It’s about college. You already know where you want to go, right?”

 

“Yeah, I got my acceptance letter already.”

 

Kai nods slowly before letting go of Sehun’s hand. He pulls something out of his jacket, handing it to Sehun. The boy frowns at him before slowly opening it. “I uh...I submitted the application after we had our first kiss.”

 

Sehun stares at the letter, rereading the letters at least three times. “After that kiss, I knew...I knew I wanted to be with you, even after all of this.”

 

“Jongin…”

 

“That acceptance letter came in yesterday,” Kai says. “Is um...that lame?”

 

Sehun slowly folds the paper back up, finally smiling. “My boyfriend going to the same college as me?How can that be lame? But I-I thought it was hard to get into?”

 

“It is,” he shrugs. “I knew I wanted to get into a good school and with my grades and spot as captain, I knew I could. But I had no idea what school,” he motions. “Until now. They have a really awesome basketball program; it’s also the same one Tae is in.”

 

“I…” Sehun shakes his head, scooting closer to his boyfriend. “Jongin, this is amazing! I had no idea!”

 

“Well, uh…” The jock clears his throat. “That’s not all.”

 

“No?”

 

“I know you said you wanted to move into the dorm but why not just…” He shrugs. “W-why not just...god, why can’t I say it?!” Sehun grabs his hand, gently squeezing it for reassurance. The man takes a deep breath, turning to face him with his whole body. “Sehun, Taemin and I were looking at an apartment for him to move into, when he finishes his program in America, which should be the same time we graduate,” He continues. “I looked at the empty apartment beside it and I decided I want to move out and into that, you know-”

 

“When we graduate, yeah.”

 

“So…” He lets out a sigh. “Sehun, move in with me!”

 

Sehun stares at him. “W-what?”

 

“I...you can say no! I know it’s weird but um...it’s close to the college campus and I-It’s really nice. I mean, if you’re unsure, we can look at it together. It’s a single bedroom with one bath, but there’s a balcony with a gorgeous view of the city. And you know, you said Baekhyun and Chanyeol were going to get a place close to campus,” He goes on. It’s cute how flustered he gets and it makes him smile. “So you’d have your best friend nearby too…” He trails off, his face growing red. Sehun stifles his laughter, one or two giggles escaping. “Come on, you’re killing me here.”

 

Sehun hums, leaning back against the bench and crossing his leg. “I don’t know, this could still be a huge joke,” He jokes.

 

“What?! You still think that?”

 

“Oh yeah, even as I’m walking down the aisle, about to marry you, I’ll still think it’s a joke,” He lies. Sehun grins at the surprised look Kai gives him.

 

“S-sorry?”

 

“I'm kidding, okay?” He rolls his eyes. He lets out a sigh and leans his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder. “I wonder how my mom’s going to take the news,” He says.

 

“What news?”

 

“When I tell her I’m moving in with my boyfriend, who I’ve been with for months by now.”

 

Kai slowly smiles. “Really?”

 

Sehun looks up and nods. “Why not? I took a huge risk dating you, why not take an even bigger risk?” he asks. “Plus, If I dislike I dislike you, I can always-” he’s cut off when he’s suddenly grabbed, his lips pressed passionately against Kai’s. He sits there for a moment, stunned before grabbing onto him; returning the eager kiss. He hums happily against the man’s lips, putting a hand on his cheek. He absolutely melts under this man. He seems to have some way with him that always stirs him up inside. Sehun, however, pulls back after a very embarrassing and soft moan. When Kai smirks at him, Sehun quickly looks away. 

 

“That sounded familiar,” he teases. “I think I heard you make that noise a few days ago…”


 

“D-don’t make me change my mind!” Sehun warns him, crosses his arms tightly. “God.” He smiles, regardless, when the man gently brushes his hair.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“What now, jerk?”

 

Kai wraps his arms around Sehun, pulling him into a tight hug. He sighs and presses a single kiss to his cheek. “Thanks.”

 

“I-I don’t know why you’re thanking me,” He shyly mumbles. “But you’re welcome…”



 

Sehun chews his dinner, glancing up every so often at his mother and step-father. He feels a bit nervous, to be honest. They let him bring Kai over for dinner but he has yet to even tell his mother that he wants to move out after highschool. So how is she going to react when she finds out he wants to move in with his boyfriend. Sehun looks at Kai, smiling at him weakly. 

 

“So, Luhan,” His father speaks up. “How is school? You’re trying to join the...boxing club?”

 

“Yes,” Luhan smiles. “Sehun reminded me that Chen is part of it, so he introduced me to them,” He says. “If I keep working hard, they’ll accept me in.”

 

“But what about your face, dear,” Sehun’s mother asks. “Won’t it hurt?”

 

“Oh, they have protectors for that,” he says. “I’ll be okay. Thanks for worrying.”

 

Sehun smiles again, this time at Luhan and then his mother. “And what about you, Sehun?” the father asks.

 

“Me?” He clears his throat. “Um...I got accepted into that college.”

 

“Aww, baby,” His mother gushes. “I knew you would! You’re such a smart boy!”

 

Sehun laughs nervously, glancing at Kai. “A-actually, Kai got in too.”

 

“Wow, really?”


 

“Yeah um…” he sighs and sets his knife and fork down. “Mom, I have something I want to tell you.” His mother glances at her husband, shifting around before nodding. “Well um...I wanted to move into the dorm, when I graduated.”

 

His mother sighs. “R-right, of course. Most children want to leave when they do…”

 

Sehun frowns. “B-but, it’s not to get away from any of you, ok? Not Luhan or um,“ He glancing at his step-father. “I’m not moving into the dorms.”

 

“You’re not?” Luhan furrows his brow.

 

“No, I...man, this is harder than I thought,” He grumbles. “Kai asked me to move in with him...when we graduate.” Everyone around the table goes silent, everyone glancing at each other. Sehun stares at all of them, suddenly uncomfortable. “I...said yes?”

 

Sehun’s mother slowly smiles, setting her napkin down. She stands up, immediately rushing over to hug her son. “Oh, Sehuna! I’m so happy for you!” She gasps. “I never thought you’d ever fall in love!”

 

“L-love?” He blushes and groans. “Mom, come on…”

 

“You take good care of him, you hear?” His step-father says, pointing his knife in Kai’s direction. The jock laughs nervously and nods.

 

“I um...I plan to!”

 

“You guys are moving in?” Luhan asks. “That’s...amazing! And you’re even going to the same  school!”

 

Sehun looks at Kai, rolling his eyes dramatically; causing his boyfriend to laugh  “Mom, I finished dinner. I’d like to go on a walk with Kai.”

 

“Sure, sure,” she sighs, finally letting him go. I”m so proud of you, honey. Thank you for coming over, Kai.”

 

Kai slowly nods, helping Sehun shrug into his jacket. “It’s Jongin.”

 

“What?”

 

“My uh...my real name is Jongin,” Kai admits. Luhan stares at them in awe. Sehun grins up at him, thoroughly enjoying his reaction. He giggles wildly after he slips on his shoes and they both hurry out the door. “Did you see Luhan’s face?”

 

“Why’d you tell him?”

 

“Because it’s funny,” he replies simply. He stops, turning to face his boyfriend. He lets out a sigh. “You look cold.”

 

“Nonsense,” Sehun huffs but accepts when he’s pulled into Kai’s strong arms. He sighs happily at the new found warmth; wrapping his own arms around the jock’s waist. Something his mom said earlier made him realize something. His heart aches all of a sudden. He wonders if it’s too soon to say but he wants to, he feels it. Every time he’s near him, looks at him, he feels this. Deep inside him, like he’s afraid of it. But he swallows hard and looks up. “I…” he can feel his heart beat fast. How sweet he looks, staring down at him. How much kindness he holds in his eyes. “I...god, this is hard.”

 

“What is it, Sehun?”

 

Sehun slowly shakes his head. “F-forget it.” He goes to turn his head but stops as Kai catches him. He gently grabs his chin, turning him back.

 

“Tell me.”

 

There’s something in Kai’s eye that makes him become brave; more so than usual. He lets out a shaky breath. “I love you...Jongin.”

 

Those words seem to make Kai’s eyes almost shine, like hearing it was all that much sweeter. He brings his hands up to cup Sehun’s cheeks. He leans down, close enough for their lips to almost touch. He kisses him two times, the third being more passionate than the other two. When he pulls back, Kai can’t help but laugh.

 

“W-why are you laughing?!”

 

“I”m sorry,” Kai sighs. “I’m not making fun of you, Hun. I swear; I just…” He bites his lip briefly. “I’m happy...I love you too, Sehun.”

 

Sehun looks at him in confusion. “R-really? You don’t think it’s too soon?”

 

“I mean...who cares. If we like each other,” He pauses, more kisses before he responds. “We should say it.”

 

“Y-yeah?”

 

Kai wraps his arms around Sehun, once again holding him close. He kisses the top of his head and lets out a soft sigh. “Yeah.”

 

“Kia, this might be obvious but I…I’m glad you were so damn persistent.” That makes his boyfriend laugh. 

 

“Yeah...me too, Sehun.”

-----------------------------------

I had this wirrten out from a while, I don't know why it took me so long. I'm going to write an epilogue, as usual! :)