Kris

The Uncool Kid

 

 

Sehun stares at himself in the mirror, frowning. He glares at Luhan. “I feel dumb.”

 

“You look great,” His step-brother beams.

 

“You look gorgeous,” Kai agrees, gently brushing Sehun’s cheeks with the back of his fingers. He blushes and looks down- feeling shy by the affection. “But I prefer you without all this.”

 

Sehun smiles and stands. “Ugh and all this..leather.”

 

“You’re wearing a leather jacket and that’s it,” Luhan points out as Kai fixes the collar for him. He pouts when a kiss is placed on his cheek. The lipgloss and eyeliner feel weird.

 

“Come on, you look good, babe,” The jock laughs and wraps an arm around him. “We’re just going to have fun, alright?”

 

Sehun looks at Luhan’s outfit and frowns. No make-up, just a white t-shirt, and skinny jeans. “You’re not going?”

 

“That’s what I told Kris,” he says. “No one from our group from is going, or at least that’s what he thinks- Kai and I are gonna be around but not seen.”

 

“What? Why just me?”

 

Luhan shrugs. “You’re good at being invisible.”

 

“I should be offended but it’s sadly true.”

 

“I’ll drive you, alright?” Kai pulls him over to the door,  glancing at Luhan “Xiumin picking you up?” He begins to walk off when Luhan slowly nods. “Then I’ll meet you at the party.”

 

As soon as they’re outside, and inside Kai’s car, Sehun finally speaks up. “Still feel too awkward to be around Luhan?”

 

“Yeah, kind of,” he shrugs. “And I don’t trust him, to be honest.”

 

Sehun gets that. While he wants to help his step-brother, he can’t help but still feel a little bitter toward him. Even before Kris was cheating, he still ignored Sehun and didn’t bother to help his reputation. He just let people go on thinking he’s some loser. “Hey, you really do look nice,” Kai whispers, causing Sehun to smile.

 

“I feel strange but thanks.”

 

“Will you be alright on your own?” Kai asks as they park, both now looking at the house. Once again, music can be heard from an open doorway. Sehun takes a deep breath and nods. “Sure, yeah. All I have to do is stand in a corner, look pretty, and be invisible- I can do two of those things.”

 

“One of those is being pretty, right?” The jock gives a lazy grin when the boy squints at him. After kissing him, Kai pats his cheek. “Go get em tiger, alright? Luhan and I will be around.”

 

Sehun shakes his head before he gets out and begins his slow walk up the driveway; practically dragging his feet. He ignores at some of the people that stare at him- namely the ones who love to talk him. He takes a soda and finds a spot in the corner, getting comfortable in a chair. He’d have to admit, Kris does have a really nice home. He wonders how often Luhan is here or if he takes his boyfriend to another spot. He leans his head in his hand when he sees Kris appear with a beer in hand. He sighs and pulls out his phone, ready to take photos if need be. But he frowns in confusion when the man approaches Sehun. He sets his phone to record and places it on his lap, face down. “Hey there.”

 

“Uh...hey.”

 

“You’re all dolled up,” Kris chuckles, taking a seat beside him. Sehun shifts around uncomfortably. “Does Luhan and Kai know you’re here?”

 

“No,” Sehun lies. “Is it alright I’m here?”

 

“Sure, sure,” He shrugs. “So um...you really have a rough thing with your step-brother, huh? You two don’t get along?”

 

“No, we don’t.”

 

“Really?”

 

“I couldn’t give two s about him.” That was partly the truth. Or at least he thinks it is. He’s not really sure about him.”

 

“Right,” Kris slowly nods. It's only now that he notices just how close Luhan’s boyfriend has gotten; so close, he can smell all of the damn booze on him. He raises a brow when he puts a hand on Sehun’s thigh. He begins to get nervous. “So how close are you and Kai?”

 

“I um…” Sehun shrugs as well. “I like him a lot.” He glances at Kris when the hand on his thigh tightens. He takes a deep breath and crosses his legs, trying to push him off; but he doesn’t seem to get the idea. 

 

“Obviously not that much,” Kris points out. “Why isn’t he here with you?”

 

“I don’t know,” He mumbles. He grimaces when the hand slowly goes up to his inner thigh, closer. “I’m not comfortable, Kris.”

 

“Come on,” Luhan’s boyfriend leans in, close to his ear. “You’re alone, dolled up. I know you didn’t come here just to sit here by yourself, huh?”

 

“I didn’t dress up for you.”

 

“Bull. Let’s just party together- I'll get you a beer.”

 

“No,” He pushes Kris’s handoff. He lets out a frustrated sigh when Luhan’s boyfriend roughly kisses his neck

 

“Stop being difficult, y.”

 

“I said NO!” Sehun forcefully shoves him off, causing him to spill his beer on his nice, tight leather pants. Kris gasps and looks down at the spillage and glares.

 

“The , Sehun?! These were expensive!”

 

Sehun grabs his phone and stands. He opens his soda can before pouring it all over Kris’ lap.

 

“What the ?!” Kris snaps. 

 

“Opps,” Sehun gives him a fake smile. He turns and pushes through the crowd. After glancing down at his phone, he feels relieved when it’s still recording. He stops on the front porch. “Sorry, Luhan,” He mutters into the recording before turning it off. He glances back into the party, several people looking at him. When he sees Kai’s car out front, he makes a straight b-line for it; singing the door open and not hesitating to slide in. Luhan jumps from the back seat. “Your boyfriend is a ing ert,” he says.

 

“W-what?”

 

“I said he’s a ing ert- can I get this stupid off me?”

 

“Not without make-up remover, what happened?”

 

“I’ll send you the recording, can we just...go home?”

 

“Babe, what’s wrong?” Kai gently touches his cheek. 

 

Sehun takes a deep breath. “I just want to go home.”

 

“Okay, okay- we can go home.”



 

Sehun is already ready for Kris’ friends and their comments. But today seemed worse than usual. People asking him why he bothered to come to the party. He ignores them and goes on with his day. That is until he hears rumors of what happened that night. How he hit on Kris and got pissed when he was denied. But when Kai gets dragged into it, Sehun decides he has enough and approaches Kris’ group of friends; Luhan behind him trying to talk him down.

 

“Hey, Kris!” Sehun calls out, quickly walking toward him.

 

“You have a lot of guts coming here after what you did to Kris!” A girl says.

 

“You do not want to start with me,” he warns.

 

“What out! If you trash your !” Another person says. 

 

Sehun stops and crosses his arms when he stands in front of Kris. “Is that what you told people, boy? Huh? I got all drunk and hit on you?”

 

Kris smirks and shrugs. “Not that I blame you but I’m a committed man,” he nods to Luhan.

 

“Committed, huh?” Sehun purses his lips. “That’s pretty ing funny”

 

“You came to my party all dressed up in Luhan’s clothes, hoping I’d hit on you, huh?”

 

“That’s not true!” Luhan speaks up. “Sehun wouldn’t hit on you, Kris! W-why are you lying?!”

 

“Honey, you’re taking HIS side? He told me he doesn’t give two s about you.”

 

“He was lying!” Luhan pulls out his phone. “Sehun recorded the whole thing and if you don’t come clean, I’ll post it!”

 

Kris stares at him for a moment before smiling. “Luhan, come on. It’s ME. You know I’d never do that to you. Sehun probably just edited it to make me look bad.”

 

“Oh, really? He was able to edit it from the time he came out of your house and INTO Kai’s car?”

 

His boyfriend’s smile falters. “What? Luhan, you were there?”

 

“Yeah, I dressed Sehun up and sent him to your STUPID party to catch you ing some ,” he admits before showing him the photos Xiumin took. “Just like this but I had no idea you would ACTUALLY hit on my step-brother!” Once Kris gets a good look, Luhan shoves it back in his pocket before storming off.”

 

“Luhan…” Kris trails off. He lets out a sigh of frustration. “You happy, Sehun?”

 

“No, I’m not,” Sehun admits. “I got d at a party by Luhan’s piece of boyfriend.” He shakes his head, turning to look away.

 

“God, of all the people for Kai to date, I can’t believe he chose a loser. A nobody little freak who attached himself like a parasite. I bet you’re just jealous of us- of Luhan too. Always getting more attention” Sehun takes a deep breath when he feels himself get mad. “I bet you only cling to Kai so you can someday become popular. You probably feel so small and insignificant, you let Kai you so you feel even and silently important.”

 

Sehun swallows hard. He can’t hold it in. His blood boils when he mentions Kai. “You know, I have never once in my life gotten detention before,” He admits. Without another word and a clenched fist, he spins, draws his arm back, and connects it hard against Kris’ jaw; causing the prick to fall back. Some of the other students gasp, shout, or step away. Sehun stands there, panting. “But to shut your damn mouth, I’ll make an exception.” After waving his now stinging hand, he calmly walks away from the stunned group of friends. He only loses his cool when he’s out of view- groaning and cursing at himself. “Oh my god, what the hell, Sehun?” He mutters to himself. He rubs his face and gently kicks the wall. “Stupid, stupid, stupid!” After smacking his head with his hand, he heads over to the principal's office. He’d rather tell on himself than let anyone else get the chance to.

-----------------------

Talk , get hit