Moving and Brothers

The Uncool Kid

 

 

Taemin forces Sehun to lift all of the lighter boxes, telling him not to strain himself. “Shouldn’t we wait for Jongin?” Sehun asks as he steps inside the apartment- box in his arms.

 

“Nah,” Taemin shrugs. “Jongin already told you he’d be late, right?”

 

“Right,” He sighs and looks around. “This is a nice place, Taemin- you live alone?”

 

“Yuup- all by myself. I used to live with my boyfriend but um,” Kai’s friend comes out fro his bedroom and shrugs. “We broke up.”

 

“Oh,” Sehun frowns. “I’m...sorry.”

 

“Yeah, well...I guess the idea of me going to America for a whole year was horrifying to him, even though he could have come with me.”

 

“That’s why you broke up?”

 

“No, not quite. He got all jealous and paranoid while I was in America. He thought I was hooking up and cheating on him. No matter how much I told him I loved him and it wasn’t true, he…” He shrugs. “He just broke up with me.”

 

“Over nothing? He didn’t have any proof? Just paranoia?!”

 

“Yeah, basically. Love is great…” He pauses to look over at Sehun. “Not your guy's love, of course.”

 

Sehun smiles at him tightly and takes a seat on the couch for a break. “Some people might disagree.”

 

“I know, Kai told me about all that dumb that happened. You know, Luhan is an idiot. I mean, he was aware of Kris’ cheat for what? A few weeks? He’s crying about a situation he chose to be in,” Taemin complains while he goes to the open kitchen. “You want something to drink? Coffee? Tea? How chocolate?”

 

“Oh, I'm fine.”

 

“No, no,” he argues. “You worked for an hour helping me move boxes, Sehun. So, which one?”

 

Sehun sighs and leans back against the nice, black leather couch. “Well, Suho tells me it's good to drink peppermint tea after I work out a bit…”

 

“I got that,” Taemin hums. “Suho, huh?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Junmyeon is a whole health nut. Ever since Jongin’s group basically adopted me in, he’s been constantly making sure Baekhyun and I are taking care of our bodies.”

 

“Sounds like him.”

 

Sehun looks up when the door opens and Kai steps in. He watches his boyfriend closely and carefully as sweat drips from his nose, jaw, down his throat and collarbone; hair sticking to his forehead as he lazily grins. He knew the man would look hot as hell after a good work out. All sweaty and hot. Taking a deep breath and hen he feels his pants tighten, he quickly crosses his legs. “Hey babe,” Kai greets. “Tae, what’s up?”

 

“Seriously? You’re all sweaty! Go, go shower and change before you get all that on my floors.”

 

“Aw, come on-”

 

“Change!” Taemin interrupts. Kai smirks at his friend, kissing Sehun gently on the cheek before heading down the hall. He stares after him for a moment before turning back. “Ugh, the nerve of that boy.”

 

Sehun laughs as he’s handed a cup. “No sugar?”

 

“Nope, you want some?”

 

“No, no,” he waves his hand. “I grew used to it like this...all gross and bitter,” He jokes.

 

“Suho?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“What a freak,” Taemin scoffs. “I like coffee but I like it sweet.” he purses his lips. "So, sweaty, tan guys, huh?”

 

Sehun raises a brow. “What?”

 

“Oh nothing,” He smirks. “I just noticed how you were ogling Jongin- hey, I get it, I’m like that too. My ex-boyfriend was tan, muscular...and, well, sweaty. Yummy, right?”

 

Heat rises in his cheeks as he looks down at his tea in embarrassment. “I don’t know,” He mutters. Swallowing hard, he sets the cup down. “Let's just get back to moving…”



 

“That’s the last of it,” Taemin announces. Sehun groans and stretches, reaching down to touch his toes. “Seriously, you two- you guys really helped.”

 

“No problem,” Kai says. “You’re my best friend- how could I not?”

 

“It was Sehun’s idea.”

 

Sehun glances up from the grounded and furrows his brows. “What? Me? O-oh, it’s okay. I didn’t have any plans, you know.”

 

“He’s being modest. He had soccer practice but he’s here instead,” Kai explains proudly. “He’s trying to get into a good college.”

 

“So you’ve told me,” Taemin laughs. He stops and stares at a photo he pulls out of a box. Sehun frowns at the man’s suddenly sad tone. Stepping beside Taemin, the boy glances down at it too. In the photo, Taemin stands with a tall, tan man- kissing his cheek. 

 

“Is that…?” When Taemin nods, Sehun slowly reaches down and takes it from him. He clears his throat as he folds it over, hamburger style and hands it to Kai. “Hey uhh…” He pats his new friend’s back. “You...want some fried chicken? Jongin has a coupon.”

 

Taemin laughs dryly and shakes his head. “Oh god, not you too.”

 

Sehun smiles. “Is that a no?”

 

“No,” Taemin groans. “Come on, let’s go get some. You two deserve a treat for helping me out.”



 

Sehun glances at Luhan as he watches Kris carefully, both of them sitting on a hill. His step-brother is without his usual make-up, rings, and other accessories; very uncharacteristic of him. “It’s like they don't care what Kris did to me.”

 

“They don’t,” Sehun says. “Because they weren’t your friends. But your real ones DO care and don’t talk to him anymore.”

 

“Yeah…” He sighs. “Sehun, how is it...so easy for you not to care.”

 

He shrugs before taking a bite of his salad. “I used to,” He admits. “I just...realized it...might not matter as much as I thought.”

 

“That easily?”

 

“No,” Sehun scoffs. “I’m still struggling a bit with it. But going to that party kind of made me realize I’m uncomfortable with that much attention, you know? The attention I got felt wrong.”

 

“Right…”

 

He glances at Luhan again. “You know, you can still wear all that , even if you’re not with them anymore.”

 

“I don’t know...you guys don’t wear that stuff.”

 

“So? It’s fine to be a bit different.”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Let’s start small,” he offers before standing. “Come on,” He grabs Luhan’s hand and pulls him up.

 

Luhan groans. “Why? Where are we going?” he whines as he’s dragged by his step-brother, toward the locker room. Once inside, he goes to his locker and pulls out his p.e uniform; as well as an extra pair. He stuffs their bag inside and shuts the door. 

 

“Here,” He says, handing him the shirt and pants. “They’re kind of baggy since you’re a bit thinner than me.”

 

“What?” Luhan furrows his brow. “Why?”

 

“Well, you’re frustrated,” Sehun begins to explain. He strips down, not caring if his step-brother sees. “When I'm frustrated, I kick around a ball.”

 

“I'm not into sports, Sehun…”

 

“You don’t have to be,” he shrugs. “Just kick a ball around until you feel alright. If you prefer, I think there’s a punching bag.”

 

Luhan stares down at the uniform in his hand, seeming in thought. He finally undresses as well. “Punching bag, huh? A-alright, show me that.”

 

Sehun nods slowly. “I don’t really know how to use it but uh...it’s straightforward, right? I’ve seen Chen use it a few times- so I know the basic stance.” He goes to Chen’s locker and puts in the combo.

 

“Whoa, are you breaking in?”

 

“No,” He scoffs. “I know everyone’s combo, at least everyone in the group. They gave it to me in case I needed anything.”

 

“R-really…”

 

“Why?”

 

“I um...I didn't even know Kris’. I only know mine and Minseok’s…”

 

Sehun smiles tightly before grabbing Chen’s hand wraps, heavy bag gloves, and some bottled water. He’ll buy him more later. He motions for Luhan to join him on a bench and extends his hands. “I’ve seen him do this a few times,” He mumbles as he begins to wrap the boy’s hands. He frowns when he feels Luhan stares at him. “What?”

 

“You know a lot about these people that I’ve been friends with a-and yet…”

 

“It’s because I don’t really care what they think of me. Well, not as much as you do. Maybe you should get to know them,” he offers. “I know you’re really close with Minseok but expand. Don’t talk, listen.”

 

“Like you? You just...listen?”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun sits back, securing the wrapping around the wrist with some velcro. “I uh...I don't know. I got good at watching and observing.” he stands, bringing Luhan as well. He motions for the boy to stretch with him; which he does, shyly. He instructs him to rotate his joints, like their ankles; moving them in small circles. After that, they touch their toes and hold it for seconds. ”Hey, do you uh...know the girl Kris cheated on you with?”

 

“No,” He mumbles. “But I know she’s a cheerleader. ing ironic, huh?”

 

Sehun shakes his head and stands up straight. He grabs the gloves and holds them up. “Well, punch until your arms feel like they’re about to rip out of their sockets...and maybe pretend it’s your ex-boyfriend you’re punching.”

 

Luhan stares at him for a moment before nodding. “O-okay…”

-----------------

Sehun is a good, boi