Home

The Uncool Kid

Sehun lets out a long, tired sigh as he slowly shuts his locker; still a bit damp from his shower. Baekhyun had to skip today, due to some business with Chanyeol’s parents. He isn’t a hundred percent sure what it is but he told his friend he’s here if he needs comforting. 

 

“Sehun?”

 

He jumps a little, turning to face some girl. He had slowly looked around the male locker room and raises a brow. But he sighs when noticing the letter gripped in her hand.”Look, give Luhan the letter yourself. Just because we sometimes hang out now-”

 

“No, um...it’s for you.”

 

Sehun raises a brow. “What?”

 

“I-It’s...a love letter for you! Will you...will you read it?”

 

Sehun stares at it for a moment before looking back at his locker. “No.”

 

“N-no?”

 

“I have a boyfriend already.”

 

“Y-yeah, but I thought that was just a joke…” When all Sehun does is shrug, she sighs. “C-couldn’t you just read it?”

 

“No, sorry.”

 

“Aren’t you being a bit cold?”

 

He frowns and glances at her. “Cold?” he scoffs. “I’m being cold? Weren’t you just a brainless follower of Kris a week ago? What makes you wanna approach me all of a sudden? Is it because of Kai?”

 

“No! I just...I thought it was really cool, the way you confronted Kris like that. N-not too many people would…”

 

“Oh,” He sighs. “Still, I can’t accept your feelings. I’m sorry,” He mumbles before gathering the rest of his things and leaving in a hurry. Feeling awkward and a little bad, he’s never had to reject anyone before. He’s been rejected, of course. But it’s never been like this. But it’s just another dumb joke. Kris probably set it up to get back at him. He still feels a bit tense, even when he approaches his boyfriend, chatting with all of his friends. He does, however, relax when he doesn’t see Kris- causing him to walk a bit faster. When Kai notices him, his face seems to light up at the sight of him. Sehun shyly accepts when his hand is grabbed and he’s pulled to his boyfriend’s side. 

 

“Are you alright?” Kai asks him quietly.

 

“I’ll tell you later,” he whispers back. Kai seems to accept that, nodding before he gets back to the conversation. Sehun looks over, watching as that same girl slowly walks out from the locker room, letter in hand. She glances at the group of boys, catching Sehun’s eye briefly before running off. Letting out a groan, he just ignores it and turns back to the conversation.



 

“So, are you going to tell me why you’re all sour now?” Kai finally speaks up as they arrive at Sehun’s home.

 

“Nothing much,” He mutters, handing the jock one of the helmets he wore. “A girl approached me with a love letter.”

 

Kai groans. “Again?”

 

“Well…”

 

“Well?”

 

“It wasn't for Luhan. It...was for me,” He replies as they head into the home and to his room. Sehun briefly greets his mom and kisses her on the cheek. She smiles shyly at both her son and his boyfriend.

 

“What do you mean it was for you? Someone gave you a letter?” Kai asks as soon as the door to Sehun’s bedroom is closed.

 

“She tried to. I said no before she could even finish,” he admits. “I thought she wanted me to give it to Luhan...but then she told me she thought it was cool that I stood up to Kris.”

 

Kai rolls his eyes. “And how’s Luhan?”

 

“Well, it’s been a week since he broke it off with Kris and-” Almost as if on cue, they can hear shouting coming from Luhan’s bedroom. He’s once again on the phone with the cheater, arguing. “Kris is still trying to make up.”

 

“It makes you wonder if he cares…”

 

“I think he’s just worried about his image,” Sehun yawns as he leans against his window.

 

“You don’t trust him?” Kai asks, joining him now.

 

“Why? Do you?”

 

“After the he pulled at the party, no,” He scoffs.

 

“What?!” Luhan gasps loudly. “I’M being childish?! Me?! Do you know how embarrassed I was?! God, I’m so stupid, Yifan!”

 

“Oooh, first name drop,” Kai snickers.

 

“You’re making me look like a ing when it was you! You’re the one who cheated!” There’s a pause. “Well don’t stick your tongue down some ’s throat next time! A-and how could you hit on Sehun?! You know he’s dating Kai...AND he’s my ing brother!”

 

Sehun blushes a little at that. Brother, not step. “Hey,” Kai speaks up.

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“Do you wanna see my room?” He asks.

 

Sehun raises his brows and looks around. “R-right now?”

 

Kai glances at Sehun’s clock and shrugs. “Sure, I could...you know, make you dinner.”

 

“You...you wanna cook for me?”

 

“Yeah, kinda,” He laughs. “Shocked I know how to cook?”

 

Sehun blushes and smiles sheepishly. “Well...yeah, kind of.”

 

“It’s okay,” He says. “A lot of people don’t know this but my parents aren’t home much, so I had to learn or, you know, just eat premade food; which gets kinda old after a while, you know? So...how about you come over and I cook for you?”

 

Sehun thinks about it for a moment, biting his lower lip. He’s getting kind of sick of hearing Luhan constantly fight with his ex. Sighing, he nods. “I’d like to clear my mind.”

 

“You...could stay over if you want.”

 

“Is…” He rubs his warm cheeks. “Is that really ok?”

 

“Sure! Either bring your own clothes or not, you seem to have a similar build to me,” he observes. He suddenly grins and puts his hands on his hips. “You’d um...you’d look cute in my shirt.”

 

“Shut...shut up,” He mutters as he quickly stuffs some clothes in his bag. But when Kai turns his back and heads out the door, Sehun decides to “forget” his clothes; only bringing his phone, charger, and hoodie. The idea of having to wear his boyfriend’s things made him blush more. He wonders if it’ll smell like him too.

 

Sehun sighs when he stops by Luhan’s door, sobbing can now be heard inside. He swallows hard before walking away; rejoining Kai outside. Pulling out his phone, he tries not to feel guilty as he texts him.

 

Sehun: Forget about Kris, okay? He’s a huge ing and honesty doesn’t deserve you. Even if he didn’t cheat on you, the fact that he hit on me at hs dumb party and then spun it around to make me seem like the bad guy…”

 

Sehun: Honestly, he’s shadier than Chen.

 

Sehun: Just...forget him, Lu. I’m going to Kai’s tonight but call me if you need to talk or something. I know you have Xiumin but you know.

 

Luhan: thanks, sehun. have fun with him and dont worry about me

 

Sehun: I’m going to anyways. I don’t know why I bother, though.

 

Luhan: :)

 

Sehun scoffs and shoves his phone back into his pocket; smiling when Kai hands him a helmet. “Okay, let’s go.”



 

“Welcome to my crib,” Kai jokes as he hops off his bike. He lives in a nice neighborhood, which isn’t a surprise to Sehun. But the outside of his home looks like the perfect, family home. White brick two-story house with a gorgeous front lawn and porch. Roses and other flowers decorate under the large left window, which seems to look into a living room. “My room is on the second floor.”

 

“, your house is nice,” Sehun comments in amazement.

 

“You live in a nice place too.”

 

“Yeah but, not this nice!” He gasps as he’s led up the driveway and to the front door. He waits for Kai to unlock the door and lets him go in first. His boyfriend turns on the lights to reveal their nice home. Beautifully decorated with white walls, paintings, plants; and other things. While it felt comfortable and warm, it’s obviously not lived in, unlike his own place. He remembers what Kai said about his parents barely being home and it suddenly made him feel bad.

 

“So? You like it?”

 

“It’s…” He watches as the jock heads for the open kitchen by the living room. Sehun stops by a photo. It’s a picture of Kai and his parents and they look happy. “Is this before you moved a year ago, Jongin?”

 

“Yep!” He replies happily, searching for something in the fridge. Sehun smiles at him, finding it cute. The living room is relatively normal with brown, soft couches, fireplaces, end tables. He doesn’t feel tense here like his step-father will come downstairs at any minute and lecture him; passive-aggressive that Sehun isn’t as perfect as his amazing, wonderful son.

 

“So...what’re you making?”

 

“Nothing too difficult,” Kai replies. “Just some rice and red beans.”

 

“Red beans, huh?” Sehun hums as he leans back. “My mom hasn’t cooked that for me since she remarried.”

 

“Really? Why not?”

 

“Why not?” he rolls his eyes. “Because her precious new husband doesn’t like it.” He sighs and looks around, frowning. It must be lonely having to come home alone all the time. He glances back at Kai, taking a moment to watch him carefully. Every time he’s near him or even looks at him, Sehun can feel his heart beat faster and faster. “Do you...need any help?”

 

“No, you’re perfect there.”

 

“Perfect,” He mumbles shyly. “Y-yeah right…”



 

“Did it taste okay?” Kai asks, grinning down at Sehun’s empty plate. The boy blushes and nods quickly.

 

“I-I’m surprised,” he admits as he collects everything to clean. The jock tries to stop him, but he’s faster. He’s used to his mom getting annoyed when he tries to help her clean, so he had to learn to be fast. “I’m surprised that you’re such a good cook…”

 

“Why is it so surprising?”

 

“Well, you’re a rich athlete. You’re sweet, smart, hot-” He stops and blushes. “I-I mean…”

 

Kai just laughs and shakes his head, leaning over and watching the boy wash all the dishes. They both freeze when the front door opens and shuts. “Jongin, are you home?” The jock grins and nods. He motions for Sehun to follow him, causing the boy to clumsily turn off the water and quickly dry his hands. 

 

“I’m here, mom,” Kai says as he stands in the living room. Sehun nervously stands beside him. “I have someone I want you to meet.”

 

“Really?” His mother hums, seeming to hang up her coat before turning. She gasps and jumps a little. “oh!  Oh, hello,” she laughs.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Kim,” he greets nervously, bowing. “I-it’s nice to meet you.”

 

“You as well,” She agrees. “You must be Sehun! I can tell straight away; I’ve seen your photo on my son’s phone wallpaper.”

 

Sehun expected Kai to look shy about it but instead, he’s proud and seems to be beaming. “Sehun is my boyfriend. I’m sorry, mom, I wanted to introduce you two in a better way.” It’s like he’s not embarrassed by Sehun. Weird.

 

“That’s quite all right,” She yawns and looks around. “I see you two already had dinner, so I’ll head to bed early. IT was lovely meeting you, Sehun.” The two bow respectfully to each other before the woman waves and heads up the stairs. Kai quickly turns to Sehun, causing him to jump a little.

 

“I knew she’d love you!” He exclaims happily.

 

“R-really?”

 

“Of course!” The jock nods enthusiastically before taking his boyfriend’s hand and leading him up the stairs. Kai’s bedroom is pretty simple and clean, as he’d expect. Actually, he did expect, when they first started dating, that it’d be all fancy and rich. But now he’s not surprised to see his grey walls with basketball trophies decorating it. He has a double bed with blue and white blankets. Nothing much is around aside from his dresser, nightstand, desk, a closet, and another door leading somewhere else. When Sehun raises a brow, Kai shrugs. “Bathroom.”

 

“Your...personal bathroom?”

 

“Yep.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes before deciding to take a peek inside. It’s a regular bathroom; nothing too extravagant. Honestly? He expected something like a venus statue in place for a showerhead. He shakes his head at the dumb thought. “It’s nice.”

 

“It’s okay,” Kai shrugs. “I guess you were expecting my room to be more decorated, like yours?”

 

“Yeah, kind of,” Sehun admits. “But I'm pleasantly surprised. It really suits you.”

 

“To be honest, my mom offered to bring in a professional decorator,” He says as he shuts the door behind Sehun and watches as he explores the room. “But I uh…”

 

“Prefer a personal touch?” When his boyfriend nods, he smiles. “I like it,” He says before sitting on the bed.

 

Kai looks around and furrows his brows. “You forgot your extra clothes?”

 

Sehun raises a brow in fake surprise, now looking around as well. “I did? Damnit!”

 

The jock laughs and shakes his head, opening up his closet. “We’re relatively the same size...well, I guess I’m more muscular,” He mutters as he rummages through his things. He pulls out a white t-shirt and sweatpants for Sehun; a black tank top for himself. Sehun doesn’t see any bottoms though. Deciding to drop it, he begins to undress- much to Kai’s surprise. “Oh, you...don’t want to use the bathroom?”

 

Sehun looks at him before he realizes. A blush forms in his cheeks. “Oh...oh my god,” He laughs nervously. “I-I’m sorry. I’m um...just used to undressing in front of other guys; y-you know, the locker room.”

 

“Hey, I don’t mind,” Kai shrugs before undressing as well. “I’m just surprised you’re so open.”

 

“Well, you have to be when you’re into sports, right?”

 

“True but uh...sometimes you seem so shy,” the jock admits.

 

“I...I don’t know,” Sehun clears his throat. “You sleep in your boxers?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Does that make you uncomfortable?”

 

He glances at Kai’s tan thighs shyly before looking away and shakes his head. “No,” He whispers and quickly climbs under the blankets. It’s new and foreign but also brings him a sense of safety. When his boyfriend looks away, Sehun slowly brings the shirt up and smells it. It has the same scent the jock usually has; a y and subtle fresh scent that is not overwhelming. He groans at himself. What’s wrong with him? This isn’t his first time sharing a bed with Kai, so why is he so nervous? He smiles nervously as Kai turns off the light and joins him under the covers. “Jongin?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can I...ask you a question?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“When...did you first know you liked me?”

 

Kai hums in thought as he wraps an arm around Sehun’s waist, his back facing his boyfriend’s chest. “Honestly? You first caught my eye when I first moved here.”

 

“Really?” Sehun grabs Kai’s hand tightly. “Since then?”

 

“Kind of. I always thought you were cute,” He admits. “I remember hearing some girls talking about you. About how you were just some loser and Luhan’s stepbrother. But I uh...I remember stopping one day and just watching you for a second,” he explains. “You were playing soccer with Baekhyun, just laughing and having fun. You seemed so happy even though you looked tired, sweaty...and all that people said about you.” He smiles and looks back at Kai; watching the fond look on his face as he recalls that day. 

 

“I remember the day the teacher introduced you. I just brushed it off and kept my nose in my studies while everyone else seemed so into you.”

 

“Yeah, that’s kinda weird, huh?”

 

“I don’t think so,” He responds, turning to face him. “You’re hot, athletic, and new. I’m not surprised that everyone wanted to know you,” He pauses. “If I had just stopped and watched you, I would have realized you weren’t like Luhan’s so-called friends.”

 

“Hey, it’s fine. Considering your past, I get why you’re all...pessimistic.”

 

Sehun huffs. “So it’s that’s the time you knew you liked me?”

 

“Well, not right away, obviously,” He shrugs. “But you know, it built up over time. And uh...you already know my friends talked me into asking you out. Honestly, I almost lost my cool; you looked so mad.”

 

He stares up into his boyfriend’s eyes, his heart beats fast. The way he looks right now, with messy hair, his fitting tank top, and toned armed. Raising his hand, he touches Kai’s warm cheek and takes a deep breath. “I’m...I’m glad you didn’t.”

 

“Yeah,” He says before wrapping his arms around him, ”Me too, Sehun.”

----------------------------------------

Sorry for the late upload of this story! All the stuff going on, you know