Bestfriends

The Uncool Kid

 

 

The sound of rain hitting metal soothes Sehun. Heat blowing from the heater as he lays against the backseat. His back against the leather seats of the car. Kai is laying beside him, facing the boy with his eyes shut. Sehun glances at their hands, at the intertwined fingers. Tan and pale comparison. “Does your hand still hurt?” Kai’s voice is soft, careful, gentle, loving. Warm.

 

“Yes,” Sehun quietly admits. “I shouldn’t have lost my temper…”

 

“But I bet you looked good doing it.”

 

 Soft laughter emanates from him. “That’s ridiculous, Jongin.”

 

“Is it?”

 

Sehun hums softly as when he’s kissed. The raindrops against the car is almost in sync with the rhythmic kissing. It’s the usual soft and careful but it intensifies when neither of them pulls away. It gets warmer and he can feel his heart begin to beat faster. They both laugh a little when Kai fumbles slightly as he gets on top of Sehun, hovering above him in the back seat. They stare back into each other's eyes. “Is this okay?”

 

“Y-yeah, it’s okay.”

 

“Still think this is a joke?”

 

Sehun swallows hard and shakes his head. “No,” He admits. “This isn’t funny.”

 

“No, it’s not,” Kai whispers before leaning down and once again kissing him. The boy below him gently puts his hand on his partner’s chest before bringing them up to his shoulders. “I got a surprise for you.”

 

“Yeah?” 

 

Kai purses his lips. “In an hour, you get to meet my best friend”

 

Sehun grins and sits up slightly. “Taemin? Really? He’s here?”

 

“Well, not yet. But his plane lands in an hour. So I figure, you know, you’d meet him when he lands.”

 

“You know, I’m supposed to be in detention right now.”

 

“Mhm,” Kai mumbles, places more kisses to his lip, cheek, and now his jaw.

 

“I should be in there, you know,” He points out. “You’re a bad influence.” He shuts his eyes, lifting his head when his neck is kissed as well. It feels different from the last two times. This time it’s new but welcomed and even nice. He opens his eyes against when Kai sits back and smiles.

 

“So, what’re we going to do for an hour?”

 

Sehun gives him a playful smirk. “I could beat your at soccer for the hundredth time.”

 

Kai scoffs and lays back down beside him. “Ouch.”

 

Sehun rests his head on Kai’s chest; the sound of rain and heartbeat together soothes him. He takes a deep breath. “Kai?” he whispers. When the jock hums in response, he looks up at him. “Could I...maybe…” he pauses.  He feels like an idiot but he’s thought a lot about this. This all seems too real to be a joke now. “Could I call you my...boyfriend?”

 

“Come on- do you even have to ask?” Kai chuckles. “No dumb questions, babe.”

 

It feels weird to call someone his boyfriend. He’s never had one before. “W-well...do you think Taemin will like me?”

 

“I said no dumb questions,” he snorts. “But, yes...he’ll adore you.”

 

“I hope so,” Sehun sighs. “I hope so…”



 

Sehun walks with a bouquet of Alstroemerias. Kai mentioned how Taemin likes flowers, so he borrowed Luhan’s dumb book of them to see which ones are good. He felt ridiculous going to the flower shop but he wanted a good start. This is, after all, Kai’s best and childhood friend. “This is stupid,” He mutters as they wait by the arrival terminal.

 

“No, he’ll love it,” Kai reassures. “And the fact that I didn’t even tell you to.”

 

Trying to not be nervous, he fiddles with the small string and gently bites his lower lip. Kai wraps an arm around him and squeezes his shoulder. “Taemin, hey!” Kai calls out, waving to a guy now coming out of the crowd. Sehun stares at him in awe. He looks similar to Kai but his hair is short, dyed an ashy blonde. He wears a nice, loose button-up shirt with skinny black jeans, and oxford shoes.

 

“Seriously?” HE’S in highschool?” He asks in disbelief.

 

“Oh no,” Kai laughs. “He graduated a year ago.” Grinning as soon as he approaches, the two best friends hug tightly for a bit. “Welcome home, Tae.”

 

“Thankkkss,” Taemin groans as he steps back. He smiles at Sehun. “Oh, are you Sehun?”

 

Sehun glances at Kai, stepping forward when his boyfriend nods. He clears his throat and hands him the flowers. “These are um, these are for you. I heard you like flowers.”

 

“Well, aren’t you sweet!” Taemin gasps. He smiles widely, wrapping his free arm around Sehun and hugs him tightly as well; ignore the boy’s extended hand. 

 

“Oh,” He looks at Kai in surprise.

 

“Sorry, babe,” he laughs. “Tae’s a hugger.”

 

“I noticed.”

 

“Oh, he’s just as pretty as you described,” Taemin says. He leads them over to the baggage claim. 

 

“Well? How was America?” Kai asks, helping his friends with his bags. Sehun offers but Taemin just pats his head and grabs it himself. 

 

“Oh, you know,” Taemin sighs. They make their way out of the airport and toward Kai’s car. Sehun runs ahead a bit and opens the trunk for them. “Tiiny bit of a language barrier but I’m ing awesome, so I managed.”

 

“What were you in America for?” Sehun asks as they slip into the car. But when he tries to get in the back, Taemin makes him sit up front, with Kai.

 

“A special program for basketball- it took me forever to get in,” Taemin replies. “All work and no play made me a dull boy.”

 

Kai rolls his eyes and starts the car. “Don’t get him started on horror genre, Sehuna. This boy’s obsessed with it. Speaking of which, you still at the same place?”

 

“Yup,” Taemin yawns and leans back. Sehun glances at him through the mirror. It’s ridiculous that this guy looks so damn good, even with how tired he seems to be. 

 

“Long flight?”

 

“Yeahh,” His friend groans. “I’ma get some sleep and I’ll take you kids out later.”

 

“What if we help you unpack later, Taemin?” Sehun suggests.

 

“That’s sweet, honey. You really hit the nail on the hammer with this cutie, Jongin- he’s nice.”

 

Kai glances at Taemin, smirking as his friend begins to doze off. The jock slowly reaches over, grabbing Sehun’s hand. He smiles. “I told you he’d like you.”

 

“Okay,” He scoffs. “If you say so.”

 

“Hey, he does,” his boyfriend argues. “If he didn’t like you, he’d still be awake, hounding you with questions...maybe even questioning your fashion.”

 

Sehun frowns at his uniform. “What? What’s wrong with my-”

 

“Nothing,” Kai cuts in. “but if he DISLIKED you, he’d insult the fact you came to meet him in your uniform.”

 

“I didn’t have time to change!”

 

“And Taemin likes you, so he overlooked it,” he points out. Sehun glances back at Taemin, raising a brow at how comfortable he seems; stretched out on the backseat without a seatbelt. He’s definitely a strange man.