Chapter 8

Read You like a Book

The girl was getting ready, dressing up in her school uniform while munching on the bread filled with peanut butter her mum made for her. She still hasn’t touched her phone since she jumped out of bed, realizing that she slept through her alarm, as usual. 

 

“Bye!” She shouted after running out of the house, not willing to miss the last bus to school that allows her to reach the school on time. 

 

“Whoo~ Thank goodness I made it.. I don’t want to lift buckets filled with water during physical exercises again..” The girl then trudged her way for the first period of her class. 

 

---

 

The author was just sipping her favorite can of soda when her other phone emitted a soft ringtone.

 

“Greetings Rianna, you have around 3 more months to have your book published. We are discussing whether you want to have the cover of your new book chosen since your first draft just came in a few hours ago. Do let us know if you have any further requirements. Thank you for your corporation.” 

 

The woman simply stared at the screen for a while before switching it off. The last thing she wants to be reminded of is the idea of work. She stood up from the sofa and switched on the television to look up for any exciting news among the celebrities so that she can generate more ideas to write on.

 

After browsing through the different channels, she decided she had enough and went to the kitchen for some snacks. While biting onto the potato chips, her hand involuntarily reached to the back of her pants where she pulled out her personal phone.

 

She was a little disappointed when she saw that there were no new messages for her. 

 

“Perhaps she’s still busy with school.. She does look like a student after all.” The author then dejectedly headed back into her workroom and started drafting new ideas from whatever sources she can find in her own shelves of books.