Chapter 7

Read You like a Book

“You have a new message. Check it out!” The author’s phone buzzed on the table while she’s finishing up on the first draft of the new novel she had been working on. 

 

“It’s so late... Who might it be?” She reached her arm out for the device, too lazy to stand up to get her phone. A random number appeared in her inbox and she read the message carefully. 

 

“Hi Rianna, this is Zania from the event earlier. It’s a little too late now so I thought messaging you might be a better idea. I don’t know if this is a prank by you or not when you left a number on that piece of paper. But I just wanna let you know that you’re doing a great job as an author. Even if your novels are a little eccentric, I’m still your #1 fan <3” 

 

A timid smile slowly crept up on the author’s face. It was about time she hears these kinds of words from fans. As much as she hates to admit, small messages like this do make her feel appreciated in the ever-increasing world of authors. Sure, her works are recognized in the field, but she’s also somewhat insecure due to newer and younger authors who have more original ideas than the ones that she can come up with. 

 

Since the author was in a particularly good mood, she texted back in a very polite manner.

 

“Thank you for your kind words. And no, it isn’t a prank. It belongs to my personal phone. Hope you have a nice weekend ahead :)”

 

Text sent.

 

The author feeling grateful for having such a wonderful fan decides to review the work again before she throws herself onto the bed.