Chapter 6

Read You like a Book

The avid bookworm buried her head deep into the storyline of the book that the movie was based on and confirmed her theories that the film-makers did indeed make some changes to the scene.

 

“No wonder that scene didn’t ring a bell to me..” The girl then looked over to her desktop clock and jumped when she saw the time.

 

“Ah shoot!! I have school tomorrow…” The girl was once again flipping her entire room, clearing the books out of the way and crawled under the blankets.

 

“I can pack my school bag when I wake up the next morning.” The girl was about to doze off when she remembered about the slip of paper the author had passed to her earlier in the day. She carefully took it out from her bag and read the name on it out loud. 

 

“Ohh… I almost thought she was joking when I heard Rihanna. Sure that person sings, but she doesn’t write books.”

 

She then said the name out loud again before noticing a scribble of numbers at the bottom right-hand corner of the paper. Being the geek she is, she took out her magnifying glass and to her surprise, an 8-numbered code was revealed.

 

“Is this her number???” The girl squealed in delight, not wanting to wake her neighbors up. She then saved it into her phone right away, before the thought goes back to her mind as if she has amnesia the next few seconds. 

 

“I really want to call her, but it’s too late now. Maybe a text will do?” Her slender fingers then swiftly swiped across the keyboard and a message was sent to the other person of the phone. 

 

“Hopefully she doesn’t think I’m a creep..” The phone stayed in the girl’s hands while she slowly loses consciousness…