Chapter 10

Read You like a Book

It had been a few weeks when the two girls started chatting over the phone. Their conversations include from what they went through in their daily lives to more deeper topics like the meaning of life. 

 

The author was glad to have talked about these kinds of topics since she used to ponder about it alone some time ago. Now that she has someone to share her ideas with, she’s able to view things from a different perspective and this opens up her view on the world, which she appreciates from the younger girl.

 

“Rianna, I would be very apologetic that I can’t spend more time texting you since I have a few assignments to complete before my final term tests. This is really important to me, I hope you understand.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ve been there before. Just do your best, kay?”

 

“Thank you babe.”

 

The author’s heart stopped beating for a second when she read the newly received message. It’s true that she’s growing old every passing second but time can’t be too mean on her right?

 

“Did you just call me babe through the phone?” The older girl had to text back to make sure her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her. 

 

“Yeah, you don’t like it..?”

 

“It’s just my first time hearing that from somebody.. Sorry, I’m not too used to the name-calling..” The author felt like she had to put a fine line between work and her personal life. 

 

“Oh, then how about Rie?”

 

“Just Rianna will do.”

 

“Okay..”

 

The author knew the person on the other side of the phone must be feeling sad right now. Her suspicions were confirmed when her next message sent out was left on read for the entire night...