Chapter 4

Read You like a Book

2 hours passed and the author felt like her soul had decided to leave her body and not come back for the next 5 days. She laid her head on the table and was about to pass out when a cold sensation touched her cheeks. She looked up to see who the nice stranger was.

 

“Hey, it’s me again! You look like you’re going to sell your soul to the devil for any minute there. I was worried so I got you a drink.” The girl placed the iced beverage on the table. 

 

“Is this orange juice?” The author looked at the colored liquid.

 

“Yeah, you don’t like it?” The girl’s tone suddenly took a change.

 

“Hmm. I prefer to have water and soda though.. But this will do, thanks.” The author sipped. 

 

“Oh, I’ll take note of that.” The caveman smiled.

 

“Also, if you don’t mind. Can I call you by your real name? It’s not like your pen name isn’t cool but I just wanna get to know you better.” 

 

The author chuckled at seeing how honest the caveman was so she pulled the girl close and she can whisper her real name to the girl. 

 

“Rianna.”

 

“Ribena?”

 

“Rianna.”

 

“Rihanna??”

 

The author was clearly flustered at the girl as she didn’t know if the girl was purposely teasing her or not. So she took out a slip of paper, wrote on it and discretely passed it to the girl.

 

“Here, for your reference.” The author then hastily shooed the girl away before the break ends.