Chapter 3

Read You like a Book

“BEEP!” The sound of the horn signified the start of the event. Several hundreds of people who were waiting at the entrance of the venue rushed in to meet their authors, a scene that could almost imitate hungry civilians fighting for food in a warzone. 

 

With her ostrich-like legs, the girl clawed her way through the crowd that was almost going to make her skinny self disappear. As expected, she was the first one to stand right in front of the author who’s busy preparing her welcome speech. 

 

“Hi, I’m Zania!! I’ve been your #1 fan since your drafting days.. *squeals* I can’t believe I’m standing here in front of you right now….” The excited long-bean started fangirling in front of the author as she babbles on.

 

The author was pretty amused by this fan and she observed how she’s dressed. Unkempt hair along with tucked out shirt from her jeans and shoelaces untied.. She really looked like a modern caveman. An idea struck her mind as she was interested to put this person in her new novel as one of the main characters. 

 

“Hey, I know you have a lot more to say but do you mind if you can look for me during the break? There are still others who are waiting.” The author has to stop the still-excited fan herself. 

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” The girl then got the author’s signature before getting kicked out of the line by some annoyed fan from the back.