A Thousand Questions

Memories That Lives With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up every morning is already hard enough and to wake up with a pounding headache is nothing less than hell. Donghae groaned and buried his face in the soft pillow. He was never good at drinking. Why’d he drink in the first place?

 

Eunhyuk, that’s why.

 

He groaned once again when he remembered what had happened last night. He just had to go and kiss those y lips. Why were that bastard’s lips so kissable? And it was so hot. When Eunhyuk had kissed him forcefully, that was only lips pressed against lips. He, on the other hand, had shamelessly French-kissed the man he swore he hated. He didn't even faint. After drinking, he'd usually be out in five minutes but last night, he remained conscious. What a betraying body!

 

“I’m so dead,” Donghae mumbled into the pillow.

 

He really should leave the country. There’s no way he’s going back to the office and show his face to the colleague he kissed.

 

Why did Donghae feel this undeniable lust for Eunhyuk? It all started with a kiss, a forceful kiss, no, it was even before that. When he first saw Eunhyuk in his room all , his desire had started to grow from that point. And it was growing at an exponential rate recently.

 

If he hadn’t passed out in Eunhyuk’s arms yesterday, he knew what could have happened. The same thing that happens every night in his wet dreams.

 

“Are you awake?” He could hear Heechul’s voice.

 

Donghae hummed in response. He was not in the mood for conversation. His head was ready to explode at any moment.

 

“I know you turn into a complete after a night of drinking. Hangover doesn’t suit you at all. There are water and med for your head on the nightstand. I’ve made breakfast for you. Eat it when you need it. I’m off. I will be back by afternoon. Bye.”

 

Donghae listened with minimal attention. He wanted to sleep again. Headache made it very hard for him to even move. He couldn’t wake up with this much pain. It was better to sleep again.

 

He will think about all the embarrassing things he did later.

 

Going to the office was another problem. Maybe he should take another week off and get plastic surgery.

 

Or he can just whack Eunhyuk’s head heard to give him amnesia.

 

Or he should just strangle himself.

 

I hate my life so much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, where are you?”

 

“Home,”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Hmm,”

 

“Are you still sleeping?”

 

“No, woke up, your call.”

 

“I understand. Are you alone at home?”

 

“Hmm,”

 

“Heechul hyung left for China again?”

 

“No. He’s gone out.”

 

“Wanna join for dinner tonight?”

 

“No,”

 

“Goodbye then.”

 

“Bye.”

 

If he wasn’t feeling like crap, Donghae would have had a long conversation with Kyuhyun. He woke up an hour ago, bathed, had breakfast and dove under the sheets once again. Exhaustion was too much to fight. He wasn’t feeling unhealthy or anything, just tired.

 

It’s funny. When he was sick a few days ago, he hated to lie on the bed. Now, he had no desire of getting out. Closing his eyes, he was drifting off to another dreamland when the ringing of the alarm hindered his sleep.

 

He whined, not wanting to get out of the bed, and went to the door. He ran his hand through his unruly hair and fixed his t-shirt and sweatpants before opening the door.

 

He was half expecting Heechul but the person who showed up made him push the door close.

 

What? Not again.

 

Eunhyuk was fast. From previous experience and quick reflexes, he was able to slide in before the door closed. Donghae, expecting Eunhyuk to push the door back used his whole force and even threw his body forward. But Eunhyuk was already inside and when Donghae was off balance, the man didn’t waste the chance to pin Donghae against the door.

 

Donghae glared at him and looked away.

 

“That’s not the way you welcome guests.”

 

“You are not a guest. You are an intruder.”

 

“That’s not what you said last night. You were in my mouth. Ah, oh, ah,” Eunhyuk made should that turned Donghae’s cheeks pink.

 

That sounded so hot.

 

“Shut up.” He pushed away Eunhyuk and sat on the couch of the living room.

 

“Why are you sulking? Are you angry that I came late?” Eunhyuk teased as he came inside.

 

“I’m angry that you came. Now leave.”

 

“I didn’t come here to leave.”

 

“What do you want to do then?” Donghae glared at him. It wasn’t intimidating at all. There was a pout on his face. Eunhyuk wondered if Donghae was doing that on purpose.

 

The taller man smirked and neared the couch.

 

He lowered his voice. “I want to kiss your lips, push you down on the bed, take off your clothes, enter your tight hole and make you beg for me.”

 

Donghae gasped. His face felt hot. He looked down, feeling his breath quickening. Why did that sound so inviting? He was just ready to let Eunhyuk do that. All the blame goes to those dreams he’s been having lately.

 

“Y-you are a p-ert.”

 

Eunhyuk chuckled. “I don’t deny that. I’m the biggest ert of the east sea.”

 

Donghae scoffed albeit his thudding heart. He didn’t miss the pun. “Lame.”

 

Eunhyuk sat beside him and looked at him. His eyes were soft. Black hair fell on his forehead and a small smile gave him a cute look. He couldn’t believe the man who looked all innocent had uttered those words.

 

“How are you feeling?” He inquired.

 

“I’m fine,” Donghae mumbled.

 

He didn’t know why Eunhyuk was at his apartment. Was it because of the last night?

 

Of course, it was because of the last night. He had no idea what kind of impression he gave Eunhyuk after kissing him openly as he did.

 

Did Eunhyuk also feel the same desire for him as he felt for the man?

 

Do you act this way with your colleague? 

 

“Why were you drunk last night?”

 

Remembering that, Donghae puffed his cheeks in annoyance. The anger that had led him to the bar last night wasn’t there.  What remained was only a minimum fraction of it which was easy to ignore. But looking at the person who sat near him, Donghae could only grumble in response.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing,” Donghae muttered.

 

Why was he angry over that file? It wasn’t that big of a deal, to begin with. Moreover, he had gotten praised by Siwon and other seniors already for his work. Then why did he go to the bar?

 

“Were you trying to forget about me?”

 

Donghae turned his head towards Eunhyuk so fast that his neck almost cracked. The pain that resulted from the sudden action made him wince and rub the spot.

 

“Do you hate me?” Eunhyuk asked again.

 

Donghae released his neck. The pain was still there but the conversation seemed more important.

 

“I don’t like you much,” Donghae admitted. He had no idea why was he being so honest. Since Eunhyuk was probing so much, he should just answer his questions. Even though he had been honest a few nights ago. Why was Eunhyuk asking again?

 

“Why?” Eunhyuk inquired. “Why don’t you like me?”

 

The way he asked almost melted Donghae. His eyes were big and lips pouty. The boy looked so innocent. He wondered how Eunhyuk was able to switch from a cute boy to an annoying jerk in a flash. Just to let you know, that ‘annoying jerk’ personality was secondary to y eyes and alluring lips, in short, a y vixen. 

 

He totally forgot about his cold response from that night when Eunhyuk had asked the same question.

 

Donghae didn’t find it fitting to reply to that. How could he tell Eunhyuk that he was jealous of him at work? How could he tell Eunhyuk that he was jealous of his social abilities, something Donghae didn’t have? How could he tell Eunhyuk that he envied him for being extremely good at work, possibly better than him? How could he tell Eunhyuk that he didn’t like how everyone quickly started to rely on Eunhyuk rather than him? How could he tell Eunhyuk that the man made him feel unwanted?

 

When he thought about all these things, he buried his head in his knees, noticing for the first time that Eunhyuk’s hand was massaging his neck.

 

Why are you such a perfect man? Why do you exist?

 

There was one more thing he had refused to admit until now.

 

Why did he feel so much desire for the man? Eunhyuk was attractive and y as hell. He was Donghae’s ideal type. But why so easily and why so quickly? Donghae was not an easy person when it came to love. He didn’t want to be one to love recklessly. Then why did he give in to Eunhyuk’s advances like a -deprived bastard? His behavior made him hate himself.

 

Donghae wasn’t aware of how long the silence had descended upon them. He was lost in his thoughts.

 

After what seemed like only a minute, Donghae lifted his head and looked at Eunhyuk. His eyes were a mixture of thousands of emotions swirling inside him.

 

“You’re beautiful,” Eunhyuk spoke in a soft voice.

 

“You’re beautiful too.”

 

“Then why don’t you like me?”

 

“Your appearance can’t make me like you.” Donghae scoffed, crawling up from the deep well of thoughts.

 

“Can it make you kiss me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter