The Stranger - Part One

Memories That Lives With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunlight peeked through white curtains and streamed inside the room. Wrapped in the white sheets, a twenty-nine years old man groaned as light danced beyond his closed eyelids. He lifted the sheets and buried his head inside, shying away from the wakeup call from the sun. Dark brown tresses fell on the pillow, messed up in all directions. The process of waking up had started but Donghae wanted to fight it and catch a few more minutes of much, more wanted than needed, sleep.

 

He didn’t want to go back to the office and start the same mundane routine.

 

Waking up, going to the office, working all day, return home and sleep. He also eats, of course. Then there are work-out sessions too, every day.

 

 As he started thinking what lied ahead of him for the day, sleep started to fade away with every thought. He started to stir; body used to the same routine for years now and threw away the sheets.

 

Donghae opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling, sleep having evaporated completed by the effect of fast-moving photons. He sat up and looked down at his self.

 

It’s time to go and take a shower, he decided after taking a glance at the clock.

 

But, wait! Why was he ?

 

He looked down at himself, having kicked sheets already, and yes, nothing was covering any part of his body. He wasn’t used to sleeping . He didn’t sleep then what possessed him to do it this time.

 

But then he felt something, something like body heat coming from his left. His brain started working fast and he knew before he saw that there was someone on his bed. Someone, who might be equally , but he couldn’t be sure since the sheet was covering the other person.

 

Turning his head, his wide eyes took in a mop of black hair, and below there was a pale neck and equally pale, broad shoulders. He couldn’t see the face as the person was facing the other side.

 

He couldn’t feel any pain on his back. So if they had slept together last night, as Donghae was suspecting, he must have… He couldn’t finish the thought. With a beating heart, Donghae covered his face with his hands. He was embarrassed beyond words and had no idea what to do or conclude from the present situation.

 

He didn’t remember drinking last night. He was bad with alcohol but he usually remembered everything that happened during his intoxication. But he couldn’t remember bringing a stranger home and sleeping with him.

 

Calm down, Donghae. He told himself. Maybe it’s not a stranger. Maybe he’s a friend and we were just having a sleepover last night, .

 

He groaned. Every excuse was going to sound absurd. But he might be thinking wrong. The person might not be under the sheets.

 

What should he do? Shake the person awake? Or just wait until he woke up?

 

But when was he going to wake up? He had to go to the office. Gosh! What was he thinking? It’s middle of a week, not even a weekend.

 

 Then he decided to take a look at the stranger. Maybe looking at the face would remind him of someone although the body felt completely unfamiliar to him. He couldn’t quite remember someone who had those hairs or those shoulders.

 

Stepping out of the bed, he searched for his boxers. No matter what they did last night, he couldn’t risk being in front of another man. God knows what kind of person he will be. What if he is some kind of sick ert? Even thinking about that, Donghae shuddered as he grabbed something to wear and went back to the stranger on his bed.

 

He bent down and observed the face, mentally applauding himself for finding a fine specimen. The stranger, that’s how he was going to call him until he found his name, had striking features. He looked soft and cute in Donghae’s eyes. He wanted to touch but the fear of the stranger waking up stopped him from doing so.

 

Eyes were closed and eyelashes were dark and long. He had a cute nose and below that were a pair of plump lips. They were thick, unlike his and red. His jawline was well defined that brought sharpness to his rather soft features.

 

Donghae bit his lower lip and stood straight. He had no idea what to do. A stranger was in his bed and he had no courage to wake him up. He had no idea what to say or do. He didn’t have any experience of sleeping with someone before, much less a stranger. And he didn’t remember anything from the previous night at all. It made him feel like a complete jerk.

 

“Don’t think too hard.”

 

Donghae jumped at the husky and deep voice. His eyes widened and heart started thumping inside his chest.

 

Being busy in his thoughts, he failed to notice that the stranger had opened his eyes and was watching him.

 

“I-I-I,” Donghae stammered. “I’m sorry.” He had no idea what was he apologizing for. He just felt extremely shy and embarrassed.

 

The stranger sat up on the bed and yawned. He looked really cute with half-closed eyes and pouty lips. Donghae struggled to look away.

 

So, the man was shirtless but he didn’t know what was below. He curiously watched. If the man was then yes, they did something nasty last night, if not then there was a possibility that, well, he had no explanation of what they exactly did but any reason was fine if it implied he didn’t sleep with a stranger.

 

“Do you know who I am?” The stranger asked instead of getting out of the bed. Donghae looked at his single lidded brown eyes. The way he was watching him made him squirm.

 

He shook his head.

 

“You’re quite heartless,” the man said and he was apologizing once again.

 

From what he could infer from the current situation, he brought a man home last night, slept with him, and forgot who he was. Maybe he was drunk to have forgotten so many things. But whatever, he sounded like a jerk from a rom-com.

 

“Don’t apologize,” the man said, his voice dull and lazy, and was about to pull the sheets away but stopped. “Can you go and shower? I don’t think you want to see the proof of my manliness in the morning.”

 

Donghae’s cheek turned red and he apologized once again before rushing to the bathroom. His mind was completely disoriented. He had no idea what was happening. He started thinking hard about what to say.

 

First of all, he should apologize, even though he had done it already, no amount of apologies would be enough for his recklessness. They had . That’s a crude way of putting it but he had no right to put it in a prude way after last night.

 

He needed to know about the stranger’s take on it. He would do whatever the stranger told him to. He needed to take responsibility for his actions. That’s what he was supposed to do, right?

 

He groaned. It’s not like he had any experience. He was as good as a , scratch that, he was a . He needed to talk to an elder. Maybe he should give Heechul a call and ask for his opinion. Even though Heechul had a boyfriend, he was once as reckless and not many could beat him when it came to experience.

 

But how could he do that when the stranger with beautiful lips and broad shoulders was waiting for him in his bedroom. He wondered what exactly they did last night. Did they kiss? Of course, they would have!

 

When Donghae started to think about it, he wondered if he should offer himself to the stranger as an apology but then cursed at himself for thinking that way. Since when did he become such a ert?

 

When he came out of the bathroom, he was expecting to see that man but his apartment was empty of any soul except for him.

 

He even checked outside the apartment and none looked like that stranger. He gave Heechul a call to contemplate next course of action but the elder didn’t pick up his phone.

 

He went to his office after waiting for a few more minutes. The stranger was not returning and Donghae had a hard time understanding that it was a one night stand; or maybe not.

 

** **

 

The office was the same. The same nine to five job at a prestigious company, managing finances, going through a pile of files, long excel sheets and socializing with his colleagues. There was nothing special about the present job except for his pay.

 

He had taken several jobs before landing himself at a high paying one. He moderately liked his job but there’s a voice inside his head telling him to find another workplace, the same voice that has made him leave previous ones too. 

 

He entered the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter