Curiosity is the Mother of Trouble

Memories That Lives With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was running around the room. It was the last day of their stay and they were supposed to return to Seoul in the morning. His clothes and all purchased goods were being ruthlessly stuffed into the poor suitcase.  

 

When Donghae woke up in the morning, he was quite surprised to note that he had slept for straight sixteen hours. He was an extraordinarily lazy person. He woke up at five in the morning. Eunhyuk was taking a shower. As he sat on the bed, unwilling to go back to sleep with sore muscles, he thought of how, even after sharing a room, they were unable to get intimate because Donghae slept for most of the time. He reminisced how perfect their yesterday’s ‘date’ was and how Eunhyuk promised to bring him to the beach the next day. He was still feeling giddy when he received a text from Siwon stating that they had to leave by nine in the morning.

 

He hadn’t brought much for the two days' stay but he had bought too much. All the purchases were going to put a dent on his saving accounts. But wait, he didn’t use any money. He didn’t even remember touching his wallet. Eunhyuk paid for everything. And he let the man pay without even realizing.

 

He wanted to beat himself up. Eunhyuk would never take him out ever again if he didn’t pay back. It wasn’t a habit. He usually paid for his own stuff, except for when he was with his family or Heechul or even Yesung sometimes. But having done that with Eunhyuk, he must be getting very comfortable.

 

He shooed away the distracting thoughts that would make him daydream rather than pack his stuff.

 

When Eunhyuk came out, Donghae was desperately trying to close his suitcase overflowing with everything that couldn’t fit inside.

 

“What are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked with a frown.

 

“We are leaving at nine and it’s already five-thirty. What were you doing inside for thirty minutes?” Donghae answered while pushing the lid of the suitcase down.

 

“How do you know that?” Eunhyuk inquired as he came near the younger.

 

“How would I know? Siwon texted me.” Donghae replied with a roll of eyes.

 

“He texted you? Where?”

 

Donghae sighed and chucked his phone at Eunhyuk who took a look and nodded. He started typing.

 

“I almost forgot that we had to leave today.” Donghae went back to his work, not noticing what Eunhyuk was doing.

 

“We are not leaving,” Eunhyuk stated and Donghae gave him a confused look. So the freshly bathed man continued. “Siwon is leaving with the rest of the team but we, you and I, are staying here.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Didn’t I say it was our reward? We are staying here for two more days.”

 

Donghae stopped. “But Siwon-,”

 

“Siwon was informing you not asking you to go and join him.” Eunhyuk cut him and returned the phone. Donghae looked at what Eunhyuk had typed. Have a nice journey. Siwon even replied with Thank you and have fun.

 

“What?” Confused, Donghae could only watch Eunhyuk with wide eyes.

 

Eunhyuk smiled at the cute creature in front of him. He put his hands on Donghae’s shoulder. “We are staying here for two more days, Donghae. So relax.”

 

The reply was a distracted nod. Eunhyuk enveloped Donghae in a hug. Hesitantly, Donghae returned it.

 

Donghae still couldn’t believe it. Two more days with Eunhyuk!

 

“Eunhyuk,” Donghae muttered after few minutes of silence. He received a hum in response from the man who, he was sure, was sniffing his hair. “How close are you with Siwon?”

 

Donghae had wondered it many times. Eunhyuk and Siwon didn’t share just a work relationship. They seemed closer than that. After hearing Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk would like to believe that there was anything romantic between the two.

 

“We are close friends. I know him since our college times.” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“I see,” Donghae said.

 

He wanted to apologize for what he had said in the past, several weeks ago, about Eunhyuk and Siwon sleeping together. He was so stupid and unbelievably jealous at the time. He had vented out on Eunhyuk. But in fear of ruining the moment, he kept his mouth shut. Instead, he wrapped his arms tightly around the lean man.

 

 

“So, what do you think we should do for the remaining two days?” Eunhyuk whispered in his ear. There was a sultry edge to his voice that didn’t go unnoticed by Donghae. He felt hot all of a sudden. Just the mere thought that the two were alone, not even Siwon above their heads now, he could think of so many things.

 

“Whatever you want to do with me,” Donghae replied in a seductive voice and felt the taller tense. He liked it when Eunhyuk reacted that way.
 

Donghae fell back on the bed, with Eunhyuk top of him as the older stared into his eyes with so much intensity that he could melt. Plump lips came down to his eyelids that had closed. Then they traveled down to his cheeks and jaw, avoiding the waiting lips.

 

There was no doubt that it was going to be slow, almost like lovemaking. Donghae loved it whenever Eunhyuk did this. He enjoyed the thrill of hard and fast but the illusion of safety that these unhurried movements provided topped his favorites list.

 

It almost felt like Eunhyuk was in love with him.

 

** **

 

The patterns of ceiling caught Donghae’s eyes as the lied on his back, Eunhyuk next to him. He was looking at the curved patterns and their beauty when his mind went to another beautiful thing, a beautiful face – Yoona.

 

She said that Donghae forgot her while he remembered Heechul. Why did she mention Heechul? When did he see her before? Did she know Heechul? His head was filled with so many questions. Eunhyuk was sleeping peacefully beside him. He wondered if Eunhyuk could qunech his curiosity.

 

“What are you thinking about?” The older asked in a husky voice.

 

Startled, Donghae jerked and shifted back instinctively. Eunhyuk followed and put his arm around Donghae’s bare waist.

 

“Don’t think too hard. Just enjoy it as long as it lasts.” The hand on the waist went to Donghae’s cheek and caressed the skin softly.

 

It wasn’t the touch that surprised Donghae but a look of pure sadness in Eunhyuk’s eyes that he had never seen before. He wanted to ask why he was sad but didn’t. Was he sad that their time together at Jeju would end soon? But they could see each other back in Seoul too.

 

Donghae put his hand above Eunhyuk’s on his cheek and cocked his head quizzically to the side.

 

Was it only his imagination or were Eunhyuk’s eyes shining? He brought their faces closer and Eunhyuk blinked. His almond eyes with perfect brown iris and a hint of gold seemed as beautiful as ever.

 

Bringing their lips together, Donghae etched the moment to his brain. It was beautiful and surreal. The way his heart thudded and the way his breath hitched with a mere flick of Eunhyuk’s tongue against his, Donghae realized that he was falling in love with Eunhyuk.

 

** **

 

When Donghae woke up, it was evening. Eunhyuk was still sleeping and refused to get up when Donghae asked him for a stroll outside. So he decided to go outside on his own and left a note to inform the sleeping man about his whereabouts.

 

After a shower, Donghae put on a t-shirt that was a little too big on him and jeans. Near the hotel, there was a cozy dining place. The view from it was so beautiful, especially the sunset. He hurried to the diner as the sun had painted the white clouds orange.

 

He ordered himself a coffee and sat on the table near the window. Outside, it was beautiful, the sun coming to meet the endless sea. Around him, people chattered and enjoyed the beauty displayed outside. It was enchanting and surprisingly serene in a not-so-silent diner.

 

“Excuse me, can I sit here?” Donghae looked at the man who asked the question and agreed instantly.

 

He had almost drifted to his little world before this slightly buff man pulled him out of the reverie.

 

It was quiet at first before the two started talking about the weather, the place and then probed further about each other’s lives. It was a casual conversation and the man, Kangin, seemed like a talkative person. He talked about his previous job and current work. Donghae was intrigued.

 

“So you left your job as a professor to research more about genies?” Donghae asked, shocked. Kangin was an easy person to talk to. He felt talkative talking to him.

 

“Yes, I wanted to find a genie. I wanted to stop working. My students don’t like me anyway. I wanted to find a genie and become rich. So I started collecting information on them. I wasn’t able to find one but got developed a new interest. Now I research genies. I’ve published a few books also.”

 

“What have you discovered so far?”

 

“It’s all in my books but I will tell you because you look cute,” Kangin said and Donghae reddened. His tone wasn’t flirty, a mere observation and Donghae’s heart swelled. He liked Kangin.

 

“Genies are magical creatures that can make your wish come true.” Kangin started. “One genie can fulfill your three wishes and then goes to sleep for a thousand years.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter