Curiosity Killed the Cat

Memories That Lives With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

secobd update of today

 

Donghae was inside the dimply lit diner. It was night. They were going to leave the next day. And he had come there after lying to Eunhyuk.

 

He didn’t come to Mrs. Cho’s diner because someone invited him. He wasn’t there because Eunhyuk brought him there. He came on his own accord. Because he needed answers to questions that were buried inside his head.

 

He thought a lot about what had been happening in his life. Eunhyuk on his bed the first time he met him. His friends acting a bit weird sometimes. Eunhyuk being secretive. His undeniable feelings for Eunhyuk. Mrs. Cho knowing him. Yoona’s words. Kangin’s words. Everything.

 

He felt like something was missing. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that people around him knew more than he did. And for some reason, it was centered on Eunhyuk. His life was centered on Eunhyuk. Everything in his life was just was locus to that center.

 

Yoona’s word made him think hard. When she talked about forgetting someone, she wasn’t talking about herself only. He felt that strongly.

 

After Kangin’s word, he was even more confused.

 

He was in a puzzling situation. Before, he was in complete darkness. The situation seemed different now. He felt like he was walking in thick fog. Everything was around him but he couldn’t see it clearly, could only feel it or sense it in some way because he had seen it all before. To see it again, he had to get rid of this fog. And he really wanted to see it again.

 

His eyes were roaming around the place, searching for a particular beauty that seemingly had answers to his questions. But thirty minutes into the place, he still couldn’t catch a glimpse of her. He was getting frustrated. It was their last night in the island. They were going to leave the next day. It was his last chance to talk to Yoona before they left in the morning.

 

He was losing hope before he felt someone tap on his shoulder.

 

Yoona stood behind him, her face lax, as if she was expecting him.

 

Donghae was quiet as she took a seat across him. She was wearing a chef’s coat and looked really good in the white uniform. Her hair was pulled in a ponytail above her head with few strands loose on the face.

 

“Took you long enough, Donghae-ssi,” She smiled lazily at him.

 

Her eyes didn’t look friendly as she talked to him. Instantly, he knew she didn’t like him at all. What had he done to make her hate him? Remembering Heechul and not her couldn’t be the only reason. He knew that for sure.

 

“You know why I’m here.” Donghae lowered his voice as he watched her face glow under the golden lights.

 

“I know. You have some questions. Am I right?”

 

Donghae nodded.

 

“I might have answers to your questions. But I have a condition.” Yoona put her elbows on the table and rested her face on her hands.

 

“What?”

 

“I will answer only three of your questions.” She smiled. “Just like a genie fulfilling three of your wishes.”

 

Donghae nodded. It was all business. He needed answers and she would give them with a condition. But what did she need in return? He didn’t think of that. He didn’t ask about that.

 

“This might take some time. Let’s order something first. Coffee?”

 

Donghae nodded again.

 

“How’s Eunhyuk doing?” Yoona asked as they waited for their order.

 

“He’s fine.”

 

“You’re here alone so I take that you didn’t tell him that you were coming here.” She guessed and Donghae nodded once again. He wondered just how much she knew. From her words, she seemed to know too much. He felt uneasy that a stranger had knowledge about him and Eunhyuk while he was clueless.

 

“He’s sleeping or what? He won’t have let you go out otherwise.” She cocked her head to the side.

 

Eunhyuk wasn’t sleeping. After last night, Eunhyuk was a bit paranoid. He didn’t want to let Donghae go outside. But he had lied that he wanted to ride with his friend who was a taxi driver. Eunhyuk had believed him after the bribed taxi driver confirmed that he was Donghae’s friend.

 

Donghae shook his head for once.

 

Their coffee arrived and Donghae felt his heart starting to beat fast.

 

“So,” Yoona raised her cup. “What’s your first question?”

 

Donghae his lips and traced his finger on the design on the cup. He wondered if it was the right question to ask. But to hell with it. He’d ask anyway. “Why did Eunhyuk seem angry with you?”

 

Yoona kept her face neutral as she heard the question. She calmly took as sip, sharp eyes on him. Then she put the cup down. “Because I told him to forget about you and find someone better.”

 

 

Donghae didn’t know whether he should feel sad or happy. The fact that Yoona thought he wasn’t good enough for Eunhyuk or the fact that Eunhyuk got angry at Yoona for suggesting that - which one was better?

 

He waited for her to continue and when she didn’t, he took it as a sign to proceed with the next question.

“Who is Eunhyuk exactly?” Donghae asked. He felt like even though the two worked at the same company and shared a bed, Donghae didn’t really know Eunhyuk. Sadly, Yoona seemed to know Eunhyuk better than him.

 

Yoona chuckled. “He is your present, past and maybe future lover.” She said. “He is the only love of your life.” She paused. Donghae thought that it was the end and prepared to ask the last question. But she continued. “Also, he owns the company with Siwon.”

 

Donghae paused.

 

“What?!”

 

“The company you work for. He is co-founder of it, along with Siwon. A rich guy.”

 

Donghae’s mouth hung open at those words. His eyes widened, still unable to process that piece of information. What the actual hell?

 

Eunhyuk owned the company with Siwon. That would explain why he was so close to Siwon and why all of his colleagues praised the ground he walked on. Did that mean everyone in the office except for him knew? His mind started running fast.

 

He watched her face in case she let out any sign of only joking. But she seemed serious and honest.

Out of the possibilities, he could have never thought of that.

 

Maybe that’s why he was in Jeju at the first place. It wasn’t because of any deal. It was because Eunhyuk wanted to bring him, was it?

 

This raised several new questions inside his head. But he had a limit of only three questions. He ran his hand through his hair.

 

Should he ask how? Just how was Eunhyuk owned the company. Just how he was so close to Siwon? Just how Eunhyuk had planned all of this? Who else knew? Yesung, Kyuhyun and all others, were they aware?

 

“What’s your last question, Donghae-ssi?” Yoona asked. “I don’t have much time. Neither do you. No matter what lie you told Eunhyuk, he’s going to come and find you.”

 

Donghae bit his lip and nodded. “My last questions is,” Donghae said. “Have I ever made a wish from a genie?”

 

“That was an expected question.” Yoona nodded. “And I think you’ve already figured out the answer – yes, you have.”

 

Donghae sighed.

 

“It’s just a feeling, you know. When you make a wish from a genie, you just know that you have. Once you make a wish, you are connected to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter