Taste of Afterparty

Memories That Lives With Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s only one enjoyable thing about the parties – food. Donghae prefers healthy meals enriched with nutrients but at times, he gives in to the urges and globs down a good amount of junk food into his system. What happens after that is a round tummy, laziness and overall an invitation to going back to his ‘chubby’ phase. When Donghae gives in to these urges, nothing can stop him.

 

Donghae takes care of what he eats. He isn’t very particular of his diet but just careful. His mind knows he should stop munching before he can cross the limit. Sometimes emotions make him lose control. That’s when his mind stops working and he keeps on eating like a bear preparing for hibernation.

 

He should just hibernate in the party. He’s neither Eunhyuk, who everyone is surrounding nor anyone interested in surrounding the man.

 

After the success of the Singapore deal, Siwon had organized a private party for their office at a club. Attendance was mandatory. Not that his presence mattered. Only Siwon, the CEO, and Eunhyuk, the new employee, were of importance.

 

His colleagues talked among themselves but none of them tried to hold a proper conversation with him. Nothing went beyond hello, hi, it’s fun or the food is tasty. Only Kyuhyun reminded him not to drink too much while the man himself was drinking directly from a bottle of soju.

 

Donghae hadn’t touched alcohol. He was a light drinker. One-shot and he’d be out cold in not more than five minutes. He never forgot anything when he was drunk; there wasn’t anything to remember in five minutes anyway. So he knew no one could take advantage of his drunken state though anything can happen when he is passed out. That’s why; he always refrained from drinking outside in parties.

 

He focused on eating and tried not to think about all the attention Eunhyuk was getting. No one ever left the man alone. Pampering the new worker could spoil him.

 

He was joined by Sungmin and Ryeowook after few minutes. They were talking about Yesung, his weird behavior, his weird choices, and his overall weirdness.

 

The two had started drinking, offered Donghae too but he rejected politely. As they shared their happiness and sorrows, clinging to each other, they started talking about their desires.

 

“I wish I had a genie,” Sungmin mumbled and looked directly into Ryeowook’s eyes. Their faces were very close. They could just kiss each other. That reminded Donghae why he didn't like to drink. The scene in front of him was one of the reasons.

 

“Why?” Ryeowook cocked his head to the side.

 

“So that I could become a CEO of a big company and make Siwon and Hyuk work for me.”

 

Donghae laughed at the very typical wish. Everyone wanted to be rich and become someone powerful. Although a genie could grant big wishes, from what he had heard from Heechul, they had their limits too.

 

“I will make Siwon clean my shoes.” Ryeowook giggled.

 

“He’ll polish your shoes to perfection.”

 

“He must. They should be as perfect as his face.”

 

“His face?” Sungmin pouted and it looked like they were going to kiss. “He’s handsome but crazy. I think he likes Kyuhyun.”

 

“What?!” Ryeowook exclaimed loudly and Sungmin pulled away from him with a grimace. “He wants to bang Kyu?”

 

Donghae thought it was time for him to leave. He didn’t want to hear anymore. He had a feeling that if he did, he won’t be able to look at Siwon and Kyuhyun the same way ever again. So, without a word, he left the two.

 

It had been more than three hours since the party started and he decided to go home. He had attended and eaten. Two purposes well served.

 

On his way outside, he stumbled upon Sunny who was swinging her wine glass around. In her drunken haze, she ended up winding her arms around Donghae’s neck. He was taken aback at first but relaxed on seeing who the person was.

 

“Donghae~,” she sang right on his face. He could smell the alcohol in her breath.

 

“Gosh! How much did you drink?” He asked while removing her arms and supported her to the nearest couch.

 

“A little too much,” she admitted with a slur. “Hey Donghae~,” she pouted as he settled her down and looked around for any familiar face. He couldn’t just leave her like that. Even though all of them kind of knew each other as they were colleagues, he still couldn’t leave her alone.

 

“What?” he asked and found Taeyeon appearing with Jessica. He hollered at them for their attention.

 

“If you were to find a genie,” she asked, “what would you wish for?”

 

Donghae heard the question and looked down at the woman staring at him with hooded eyes. He blinked a couple of times. He would be lying if he said he never thought about it. Big house, expensive cars, branded clothes, delicious food, he had thought of everything he could wish for. At very sentimental times, he also wished for everlasting friends, or a complete family, or a lover who will stay with him forever. But to narrow it down to one thing was impossible for him. If he ever found a genie, he was sure he would ask for something on impulse. He was ruled by emotions like that. So to answer her question was a bit difficult.

 

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked as she approached the two.

 

“Sunny is drunk.” Donghae turned his attention to her, refraining from replying to Sunny's question.

 

“Oh,” Taeyeon looked down at the said girl who smiled lazily at her and then smiled at Donghae. “I’ll take care of her.”

 

“Please do,” he bowed and Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“You are so cute, Donghae.” She said and he smiled, feeling embarrassed.

 

It was not the first time he was called cute. He used to hear that a lot, even after he grew up to be an adult. He wasn’t childish, just acted innocent at times. Even though he was a healthy grown-up male, the title of ‘cute’ never left him.

 

“HEY EUNHYUK!” Sunny suddenly screamed and shot up to her feet as Eunhyuk passed nearby. He was stopped by the drunken woman as her arm s around his shoulder. He had to bend down to accommodate the difference in their heights.

 

Donghae froze as his eyes fell on the man. Ever since he entered the party, he didn’t have a chance to see the other this close. He had been avoiding the older man like a plaque. Call him petty, but he was really jealous of the new employ’s popularity. For that reason, he was acting unreasonably. 

 

“Eunhyuk!” Sunny said once again but in a lighter voice. “What will you wish for if you found a genie?” She asked him the same question as she had asked Donghae before.

 

“Huh?” Eunhyuk’s eyes darted around uncomfortably as he tried to shy away from her prying eyes. It was hard since she was hanging around his neck, literary. “I don’t know… happiness?” He answered as modestly as he could. This earned him a very obvious scoff from Donghae. Taeyeon and Jessica were busy pulling Sunny off Eunhyuk that they didn’t notice. Eunhyuk, however, narrowed his eyes at Donghae who only turned around and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae didn’t know he was being followed until he was stopped by a hand on his arm. Already out in the street, loud music sounded had faded. Almond eyes stared into his as he turned around to look at that person.

 

“Donghae,” Eunhyuk said curtly. “Is it only me or do you hate me?”

 

Donghae pulled his arm from Eunhyuk’s hold. “I don’t hate you.” He replied. “I just don’t particularly like you.”

 

Eunhyuk’s eyebrows shot up at the blunt response. “May I know why?”

 

Because I’m jealous. But Donghae couldn’t say that. “Because of your face.”

 

Eunhyuk frowned. “What about my face?”

 

“It just reminds me of a joker. Someone who attracts attention because he can make others laugh but it’s the only thing he’s good at. Not actually doing anything but only creating laughter to gain popularity.”

 

“I don’t think I understand you.”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. “You’re brainless. I don’t get why everyone likes you.”

 

“Excuse me?” Eunhyuk was appalled. He knew Donghae didn’t like him but he had to the idea his dislike ran so deep.

 

“I don’t even understand how you ended up in my room. I must have taken pity on you.”

 

“Pity?” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow as he felt his anger growing. Even Donghae knew that he was being very rude and unfair. He was riling Eunhyuk up, testing his limits. For what? He had no idea. “Do you really want to know why I was in your room that night?”

 

Before Donghae had a chance to react, he was slammed against the nearby wall and plump lips met his in a harsh kiss. His eyes widened and he pushed against the lean man. Eunhyuk stepped back with the force of the push as Donghae still reeled from the shock.

 

Donghae opened his mouth to spew some profanities at Eunhyuk but his lips were sealed again with another searing kiss. A large hand d his and sides. He tried to push away again but the proximity didn’t grant him a proper angle. He was about to make another attempt at shoving the man away but Eunhyuk pulled back on his own.

 

In the lonely night, the sound of their panting was louder than the music in the background. Donghae could feel his heart thudding even louder. He couldn’t believe he was kissed so forcefully like that. As anger built inside him quickly, he raised his fist to punch Eunhyuk but his action was stopped midair. His wrist was caught and arm-twisted around his back as his front was pressed against the wall this time.

 

“Pity, huh?” He could feel Eunhyuk’s harsh breath behind his ear. He could even feel those plump lips brushing his flesh. “Soon you will be begging for it.”

 

Donghae had no time to react as the warmth on his back was gone completely. He heard footsteps receding as he leaned against the wall and rubbed his pained wrist.

 

“What an !” He cursed as he watched Eunhyuk’s retreating back. “Who does that out of blue? I’m going to sue him on the grounds of ual harassment!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae closed his eyes. Inside his room, he was supposed to feel relaxed. Inside his room, he was supposed to feel relieved. Inside his room, he was supposed to forget about that damn Lee Eunhyuk and his forceful kisses. But his brain refused to corporate with him. His mind kept on replaying the scene like a broken record. Whenever he closed his eyes, he could see those dark almond eyes. His lips started to tingle whenever he remembered the touch of those plump lips against his. Something was so exhilarating and so familiar about it.

 

He bit his lips as he tried to shoo away that betraying part of his brain to go and take a rest. With great difficulty, sleep took over him. And when it did, it was a dream about Eunhyuk. He wasn’t going to forgive that man easily. But Eunhyuk already had other things planned for him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae never liked coming to the company. Maybe he did, at the beginning. But no longer could he bring himself to spend hours doing the boring office work and watch everyone flaunting over Eunhyuk.

 

Now he had one more problem to deal with. That problem was Eunhyuk again, but this time for all different reasons.

 

After that night, he had two days to figure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter