Tease

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a small group of people so there’s nothing wild going on. They went to the game room where there’s foosball, billiard, card games and a few arcade games. Suho the speakers and played some music to set the vibe.

Taemin, Jonghyun, Jongin and Minho are playing poker and it seems that Taemin is winning. Krystal and Naeun are watching them play poker, Namjoo is playing foosball with Kwonho, Eunji is playing billiard with Kibum, Siwon and Leeteuk, while Bomi and Kyuhyun are playing air hockey.

Taemin has the better cards, and he’s confident. Minho and Jongin bailed so it’s just him and Jonghyun. Jonghyun has a good deck but not as good as Taemin, but he’s as confident as him. When Taemin unveiled his card cockily, Jonghyun groaned knowing that he was defeated. Others laugh at his reaction, Lee Taemin was good.

Jonghyun wanted to sit out of the game for a round, he asks Naeun if she wants to play.

Naeun shrugged, “Okay”

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, “You know how to play?”

“Don’t worry about me sunbaenim I’ll be okay”, she smiled at him.

Jongin grab the deck of cards and started shuffling. Taemin smirked at her, “You know how to play? I don't want to make you cry”, he said jokingly. 

“Don’t waste my time with the trash talk let’s play”, Naeun pretended to yawn.

People oohed around her and Taemin laughed, “Alright then since you’re so confident, let’s make this interesting, let’s make a bet”

Naeun raised an eyebrow, “What do you want?”

Taemin contemplated, “If I win … you have to do something for me”

“What?”

“I’ll think about it”, he smirked. Minho smacked his head at his response, “Ouch … nothing weird I promise”, which caused everyone’s laughter. 

Naeun then contemplated, “Ok fine and if I win … I want your recommendation to be the president next year”

“Sure, that’s easy”, he smiled devilishly.

This can be dangerous. But Naeun puts her game face on and wouldn’t back down without a fight.

“Then let’s play oppa”, she smiled at him.

After a few rounds Minho and Jongin folded their cards and now it’s just them.

“Don’t cheat ok”, she said as she fixed her cards. “One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards”, she smirked at him.

“Nice, Oscar Wilde”, he said acknowledging her. “True, isn’t this fun?”, he raised an eyebrow.

“Life is more fun if you play games”, he smirked.

His saying struck her, games, she has been thinking about letting loose, playing “games” with boys and just have the typical high school experience. Is that what he’s aiming at?

She went quiet for a while before she said, “Roald Dahl, are you ready to play or not?”

He smiled, liking the fact that she knew references, “Yeah, all in, you?”, he said as he pushed all his chips

Naeun nodded putting all her chips in too. Taemin didn’t look fazed at all and revealed his cards, “Straight flush”

People ooh-ed around the table, Naeun just smirked at him, “Well played”, she then revealed her cards, “Royal flush”. Taemin was in disbelief but people around them all cheered for the new winner. She gave him a smug grin as she gathered all the chips towards her. Taemin just chuckled at her and shook his head gently.

“So you’ll give me the recommendation”, she asked smug.

“Of course, I would’ve given it to you for free if you just asked”, he smiled devilishly.

Naeun just shook her head at him, “Sure”, her words filled with sarcasm.

As she grabs herself a drink from the fridge, she got surprised by someone tapping her shoulder. Surprisingly, it was Jonghyun. Something was different about him, he exudes more confidence and charm. He leaned on his side, resting his shoulder on the cold fridge. He proudly wears a confident smirk.

“You were impressive, you must be like the perfect student, a jack of all trades”, he commented.

Naeun shrugged, “It’s nothing, anyone can play poker, anyone can study”

“Not a lot of people can beat Taemin”, he raised an eyebrow.

“Beginner’s luck?”, she shrugged. What’s with the 20 questions?

“I don’t think so”, he smirked.

He changed his position and leaned on his back, “So, which university are you aiming for?”

“Seoul National University, medical school”, she said with disinterest.

“As expected, you know I’m in SNU International Business, I can give you a tour sometime if you want, and I know someone who’s in the medical department, I can introduce you to him”

That information piqued her interest, “You’d do that?”

He smiled, “Of course, just give me your number and we can arrange it”, he put out his phone to her. Naeun wary of the situation contemplates on taking it, he doesn’t have any ulterior motives, right? But this is could be good for my application. She takes his phone and inputs her number.

Out of the blue Taemin appeared between them acting slightly odd. “Hyung! There you are, let’s play a drinking game”

Jonghyun eyed him weirdly, “Yeah … I’ll be right there, I’m just talking to Naeun for a bit”

“No hyung let’s go, Kyuhyun hyung has opened up the drinks”, Taemin said pushingly. Naeun chuckled at how he talked, this isn’t like him. Is this how he acts with his friends?

“You too Naeun, let’s go”, he said egging her.

“I’ll let you know okay”, Jonghyun smiled at her. Naeun just nodded at him not knowing what to reply, she’s grateful for the help but she’s wary of his int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter