The Night is Still Young

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Naeun pov]

She gazes at the walls of her bedroom in a daze, is going to his house a good idea? The girls seems to be excited going there, except Eunji but she’s willing to go because Kibum is going to be there. No one really knows anything about Taemin besides his inner circle, all everyone knows is that he’s the son of one of the biggest exporters in Korea and his mom is an heiress so his house should be amazing. Naeun doesn’t particularly care about those things, she’s interested in going to his library and perhaps like it or not she actually wants to spend time with him. He’s interesting compared to any of the guys she’s met before.

After spending time with Taemin, she started to think more about loosening up and actually enjoy the typical high school experience. Looking at Eunji and Kibum being all clingy and even Saeun has a boyfriend. Not only that but she has been reading romance novels of all things, and the cute scenes sometimes makes her feel really lonely.

Am I missing something?

After high school is over, life is going to be busy with college duties, especially if she is going to pre-med, romance wouldn’t really be in her list of priorities.

Should I start living the life of a regular high schooler?

Her grades are great, so she just has to maintain it so preferably she should date someone of the same level or even higher, someone who cares for academics as much as she does.

But who?

An image of Taemin resurface in her mind, caused her heart to beat harder. Naeun pressed both of her hands onto her chest. Not him. Naeun shook her head intensely, he’s trouble. Yet, the image of him still resonates in her mind and is affecting her. She sighs and put a pillow over her face hard and screams.

What am I going to do?

The girls decided to get ready in Eunji’s house. It’s not like a big party or something, so she’s confused why the girls are making a big fuss over it. Namjoo is facing the mirror trying to apply mascara on and Bomi is trying to decide whether she should wear a skirt or jeans.

“Which one screams I’m cute but I’m not trying hard?”, Bomi asks them.

“Jeans”, they said simultaneously. She then went to put them on in the bathroom.

Naeun just wore a simple casual dress with a pair of white sneakers, nothing too fancy. Eunji, Naeun and Krystal are lounging around while watching the other two dress up.

“You’re not dressing up Krystal?”, Eunji asks her

“Nah, Jongin will be there and he’ll make fun of me if I look like I try hard, I’d rather make fun of him”, she said putting her tongue out.

“Why are you guys doing this again? It’s a small get together not a big party”, Naeun asks exasperated.

Namjoo stops putting on her makeup, “Hey it’s been awhile since I’ve got a boyfriend and who knows what kind of friends Taemin brought I might as well dress the part”, she said pointing her mascara at her.

Naeun rolled her eyes in response, “Fine”

She checked her phone and looked at the time, 7.30 “We’re already 30 minutes late”

“Better be late than early”, Bomi winked at her. She then went on to text Taemin that they are going to be late.

After 30 minutes of dressing up they’re finally ready. They all got into Eunji’s car and drove to his address.

“Hey this address, this is the gated residential”, Bomi said wide eyed.

“I’m not surprised, it’s Taemin we’re talking about here”, Krystal said.

As they passed the gates they looked for his house amidst rows and rows of mansions. Then they found it and they all just stared in awe. This house was enormous, it’s just like the houses in the dramas where they have wealthy people.

Naeun gulped and told them, “Let’s just go in”, Eunji nodded and stopped by the main entrance where an older looking man in uniform greeted them.

“Ah you must be Taemin’s friends, please come in and let me handle your car”

Eunji being wary of anything happening to her car asked him, “I’m sorry but who are you?”

He wears a face of realization and apologized, “My apologies, just call me Mr. Kim, I’m the head housekeeper for the Lee family”

A housekeeper? Wow he really is rich.

“And what are you going to do to my car?”, Eunji asks carefuly.

“I’m going to park it in the garage miss, please do not worry, I am going to take good care of it”, he said smiling at her. Everyone then leaves the car and Eunji hesitantly gave him her car keys.

“Please come inside”, he said smiling gently. The girls bowed to him thanking him for his help.

They are now left alone with the main entrance, a large wooden door stood before them. All of them not moving, pondering on who should open the door. Naeun decided to be the one to do it since she was the one who invited the girls. As she reached the door she felt how smooth the door was against her palms. She pushed the door and was met by a pair of grand staircases.

“Holy ”, Eunji said amidst the silence.

Which made all of them laugh, “You said it”, Bomi interject.

“This place is gor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter