The Invite

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taemin pov]

He has been thinking about the conversation they had in the art room, was he too abrupt? That was the real him though, he doesn’t show it too most people. That conversation in the art room may as well be uncomfortable but that was an honest one. He has to admit that Son Naeun is beautiful so he doesn’t see why she wouldn’t just date someone. is , it doesn’t have to be something more. He may sound like a douche, but if two people are equally happy and pleasured, what’s the downside? As long as he’s being safe then there shouldn’t be a problem, right?

He puts his thoughts aside and remembers his promise to her. They’re friends now right? So he should at least keep his promise, though it seems he’s quite late already. He went to the school’s auditorium. The school is pretty prestigious so the auditorium is definitely quite a sight. Two levels filled with rows of red velvet chairs, this might as well be a movie theatre. A grand stage filled with lights and props of different genres. For this play, the props are set look like a diner in the 50s. The girls are in their long puffy skirt and some are in pigtails, and the guys are either preppy or dressed in leather jackets.

This is pretty impressive.

Taemin looks around to find Naeun somewhere on stage. He doesn’t know whether Naeun is a cast or is she on the sidelines. She’s the president though, so she must have a crucial role. He looks around the velvet chairs and saw a girl sitting in the middle row. Her long black hair tied into a high ponytail and she wears a focused look on her face. She’s biting her lip and wrinkling her forehead looking at the script and the players at the same time. She’s sitting with another girl, probably the vice president or something.

He sits in the row behind her so he doesn’t disrupt her concentration and waits to talk to her until the scene finishes. One of the guys messed up a line and the girl next to Naeun sighed and yells cut.

Apparently, this has been the 5th time the guy has been messing up so they decided to do a 5 minute break.

Taemin pokes at Naeun’s shoulder but instead of looking back at him she just gets annoyed, “Not now Chen, I’m trying to think”

Taemin snickered, and pokes her shoulder again. Naeun sighs heavily and turned around to yell at him some more, “I SAID NOT NOW …… oh my god it’s you”, Naeun looks horrified.

Taemin just laughs at her reaction, “You were saying? Should I leave right now?”

Naeun held her hands up, “No no, I’m sorry I’m just a little stressed”

Taemin looks worried, “You know I could always come back next time?”

“No it’s fine, stay, sit right here”, she pats the seat next to her.

Taemin jumps over the row and lands on the seat next to her. The girl next to Naeun cleared hard, and glared at Naeun.

“Oh, sorry, Krystal this is Taemin oppa, Taemin oppa this is Krystal, she’s the vice president and also the director of the play”, Naeun told him.

Taemin nodded and held his hand out, “Nice to meet you”

Krystal took his hand and smile, “Likewise, what brings you here sunbaenim?”

“Just wanted to look at the progress of the play once in awhile”, he looked ahead to the stage.

“No you didn’t, I invited him here”, Naeun confessed.

Krystal’s eyes turned wide at Naeun, and she mouthed to her ‘what!’ Naeun just shrugged.

It seems that Taemin’s presence have drawn some attention, the girls on the stage are snickering amongst themselves and a few have started to yell ‘oppa’ to draw his attention. Taemin just gave a small wave, for appearances sake.

Krystal stood up abruptly and said, “Alright I have to go backstage to check on err the costumes”, Naeun started to silently protest, she mouthed to her, ‘what are you doing? Come back here’. Krystal pretends not to see her and walks away.

Naeun sighs and rests her face in her hands. Taemin just laughed at her reaction.

“You know I watched the first episode of the show”, he started.

Naeun lifted her face from her hands a little and said, “You did?”

“Yeah, it was ok, it’s different from the books but I think it’s going to be interesting, they added the author as a character”

“That sounds odd …”, Naeun trailed on.

“Yeah but so far it’s been okay, they focus more on the ghosts”

“Is it scary?”, Naeun worriedly asked.

“Do you get scared easily?”, he asked smirking

“No ... yes …”, she said shyly

Taemin laughed at her reaction, “I’ll take that as a yes, so yes you’ll be scared”

Naeun grumbled, “Ugh, well now I have to prepare myself mentally just to watch this”

Taemin saw this as an opportunity, “You know if you want we can watch it together sometime”

Naeun’s eyes grew wide, “Wh-what?”

He can see that Naeun is worried about this being like a date that wasn’t his intention he just wants to hang out with her, “With other people I mean, you can invite your friends and I’ll bring mine and we can watch it together”

Naeun sighed in relief, “I’ll think about it”

He pulled out his phone and asked, “Put your number in then let me know if you can make it”  

Naeun contemplated for a while before taking his phone and inputting her number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter