Apologies

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Naeun pov] 

Naeun arrived at her small apartment occupied by her mother and Saeun. “I’m home”, she yelled at the front door while taking off her shoes. 

Her mother from the kitchen yelled back, “Naeun-ah come in here” 

Naeun came to their small kitchen and saw her mom stirring a pot on the stove. The kitchen is a mess, ingredients everywhere covering the entire kitchen. Naeun gasped, “Mom what’s going on?”

Her mom just chuckled at her reaction, “I am trying to change the tteokbokki sauce a little, here have a taste”, she gave Naeun the spoon. Naeun accepted the spoon and took a little sample, she went wide eyed. “Eomma, this is so good!, what did you add?” 

Her mom just laughed and put her index finger in front of , “That’s a secret”, she said. Naeun just smiled, “It’s going to be a hit mom! I know it!”. She hugged her mom tightly from the back. 

“Omona, how did I get so lucky with my girls, so smart and beautiful and so supportive”, she said still stirring the pot. 

“I know right, you’re lucky haha!”, Naeun said jokingly. Her mother just responded by pinching her cheeks, “Now go wash up, and I’ll prepare something good for dinner”. Naeun removed herself from her mother and said, “Nee~” 

It’s amazing that her mom is an amazing cook, Naeun is hopeless in the kitchen. Saeun is slightly better at cooking but she still has a long way to go until she reaches her mom’s level. 

Naeun went to her room and opened her laptop to check on her email, when she discovered an email from Choi Minho. The title just said, Result, She doesn’t know what to expect from it. She blew the interview definitely, she should’ve just played along with Taemin and gave him what he wanted but no out of all of the moments she had to blow up, it was that. However, standing up for herself felt amazing. She slowly clicked on the email and closed her eyes immediately, scared of what’s to come. She slowly opened her eyes and can’t believe what she saw.  

 

Dear Son Naeun, 

Congratulations, on behalf of the student council I am happy to tell you that you have been selected as the new secretary of Hanim’s student council for 2019. We are excited to have you on our team, and we look forward to a year of productive successes. We hope that we can get along well together and improve the school with the same vision. Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday next week in the student council office at 3pm. It is mandatory that you attend so that you can get acquainted with the team. We look forward to working with you. 

Choi Minho

Vice President

 

Naeun screamed her lungs out, that caused Saeun to run to her room. 

“Unnie! What’s wrong?”, Saeun said breathing heavily. 

“I got it Saeun! I got the position!”, Naeun yelled excitedly jumping up and down her room. 

Saeun turned wide eyed and joined her sister jump around the room, screaming. “This is good news Unnie! I knew you‘d get it” 

Her mother came in the room, “Yah! What happened?” 

Saeun yelled at her with joy, “Unnie got the secretary position eomma!” 

Her mom then joined them too “Wah!! This is great news!! I have to make dinner even more special then” 

Naeun and Saeun stopped her, “oh no Eomma! Dinner with you is already special”, Naeun said. They don’t want to burden their mom anymore than they already have. 

Her mom just smiled, “Eomma insist I have to go to the market first”, she started leaving only to get pulled back in by both of them. 

“No eomma! Just stay here and celebrate with us”, Saeun said with a pout, aegyo from the youngest will surely work. 

Her mom can’t win when Saeun has her puppy eyes out. She just sighs and hugs them both, “alright girls, if you insist, I am so proud of you both”, she kissed them both on their forehead. 

After the small dance party they had, her mom went back to the kitchen to continue making dinner. While the sisters sat on Naeun’s bed. Naeun sitting up by the headboard reading a book  and Saeun lying on the bed scrolling through her phone.

“You know I really thought I wouldn’t get it”, Naeun confessed, closing her book. 

“What do you mean? You’re like the perfect student, not letting you in would be a mistake”, Saeun said mindlessly while scrolling.

“Yeah .. but during the interview i kinda made a mistake”, she pondered. 

“What do you mean?”, she stopped looking at her phone.  

“You know when I told you I’d be interviewed by the vice president?”, Naeun said slowly. 

“Yeah …”

“Well he wasn’t there so the one who interviewed me was the president himself, Taemin”, Naeun confessed. 

“Okay … that’s great then right?”, Saeun said not understanding what does that have to do with anything. 

Naeun sat up and started to talk animatedly, “Yeah, but i just wasn’t prepared to meet him you know but then one thing led to another and I kinda yelled at him” 

Saeun turned wide eyed, “What?! Why would you do that?” 

“Well to my defense he was being a douchebag so I stood up for myself”, Naeun defended herself.  

Saeun t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter