Beating Heart

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Naeun pov]

 

She lied.

Naeun didn’t just hear them both but she saw them. It wasn’t just for a second, but she saw them. Not everything, but enough just to make her embarrassed. When she got asked by the art teacher to help get her report, she didn’t think anything could go wrong just by doing that, little did she know, Taemin and infamous Hana was inside. She didn’t hear them outside but can sense that something was wrong. She opened the door a bit and peeked inside, Hana was on her knees blowing him, Naeun had to admit that she seems really skilled. Then Taemin lifted her up, flipped her on the table and did her. Hana was screaming his name and telling him to go faster. It was quite a sight, Naeun could feel her face heating up. She slowly closed the door and went to the corner, leaned on the wall and wondered.

The rumors are true. The great Lee Taemin sleeps around.

How can someone so easily have with anyone? She understands that it’s a human need but would you feel the same level of pleasure when you share it with someone you actually love or share romantic feelings to. Naeun was no prude, sure she doesn’t have experience but she knows enough of it from books or movies.

She has had a fair share of boys confessing to her but none of them makes her heart race, and none of them are interesting enough, so she has no interest in diving into the relationship scene, let alone and intimacy. However, she does wonder if she is missing out on the typical high school experience. Is it really worth experiencing?

As she finished her thoughts she was startled by someone turning the corner, and speaking of the devil it’s Taemin himself. Now they’re in the art room together and looking for the report the teacher left. Rummaging drawers and tables looking for that piece of document.

As she rummages through papers she might as well make small talk, “So …”, Naeun started

“Hm?”, Taemin replied looking around.

Naeun cleared , am I going to ruin myself with what I am going to ask, but she trails on “So… the rumors are true”

Taemin just shrugged, clearly he knows what she was implying, “People talk”

She chuckled nervously, “The great Lee Taemin does sleep around in school”

He continues to shrug his answers looking like he doesn’t care about whatever happens to him, “It’s normal, people can sleep around”

She stopped looking around and looked at him, “I’m not judging you, it’s just … something that’s not familiar to me I guess”

“Then what is familiar to you?”

Naeun blushed and looked down, “I don’t know”

Taemin stopped looking around and focused on their conversation, “You’re not ugly, you must have dated before or fooled around before”

She stood silent.

Realization hits Taemin, “Wait, you haven’t dated before?”

Naeun started to rummage around the desks again, “Well this doesn’t concern you”

Taemin looked at her incredulously “You have boys lining up to date you, why not have fun with them?”

She hesitated to answer, “I’m not like you, I have to like the person first”

Taemin scoffed, “You think I don’t like the girls I’m with?”

No report in this table, she sighed and looked up to him, “But you don’t date”

Taemin was silent but then answered anyways, “Yes, but I have to at least enjoy their company first to actually have fun with them, you don’t have to date everyone you like right? so what’s stopping you?”

She started on another table, looking amongst the papers and crafts before she finally found the report, “Found it, we can go now”, Naeun said to change the subject.

Taemin smirked at her, “You’re changing the subject”

Naeun gathered the papers before answering him, “As much as I want to have the typical high school experience, none of the boys seem to be interesting enough and besides shouldn’t we be focusing on our academics first? We need to get into university."

Taemin chuckled but then he mumbled something to himself.

Naeun narrowed her eyes at him, “What did you say?”

He just shook his head and leaned on one of the tables, he asked, “You’ve at least kissed right?”

Naeun just groaned wanting this conversation to be over. She leaves the classroom with him following.

“I guess I’ll take that as a no”, Taemin said from behind her.

Naeun stopped walking and looked back to him, “Let’s move on to another subject, you don’t date, why’s that? If me not dating sounds weird, why is your situation any different”

“I just don’t, relationships are a bother and most girls usually love romance and relationships so it’s odd, boys worship you so you’re not lacking in any potential partners”

Naeun just rolled her eyes at him, “So, you’ll forever play this Casanova role?”

Taemin began walking, leaving her behind, “Who knows”

“I guess we’re in the same boat”, Naeun answered.

“No we’re not”

Today is the day of the meeting, she doesn’t really know what to expect. She looked at her watch, 14.30, thirty minutes more. She looked at her reflection, wide black eyes, chubby cheeks that tends to get too puffy and a small cherry mouth. Everything seems to be okay. She left the washroom and went to the office.

She’s the first one there surprisingly, she just sat on one of the chairs and waited. She looked at the window, she can hear the sound of the soccer team’s yelling as they practice on the field. It’s so peaceful, so peaceful compared to the last time she was here. She chuckled at the thought of the interview, it’s odd at how quickly things were resolved. Taemin doesn’t seem like a bad guy, in fact he seems like a great guy despite his playboy ways. She understands why girls would like him, the mysterious cold guy, handsome and intelligent. Girls would probably want to tame him down.

Her thoughts were then disrupted by someone opening the door. Choi Minho appeared through the door. Vice president Choi Minho, captain of the soccer team, model student and a typical nice guy. His black hair neat and cropped to perfection and his uniform tidy and buttoned in all the right places. His grades are good too, 3rd rank. No wonder girls love him.

Naeun stood up and bowed to him, “Hello Minho Sunbaenim”

Minho gave her a small bow, “Hello to you too, it’s Naeun right?”

“Yes, it is, thank you for giving me the position I will work hard, please take care of me sunbaenim”, Naeun bowed again.

Minho chuckled, “You don’t need to be so formal, please speak comfortably and Minho oppa is fine”

Naeun then changed her speech into a more casual one, but still being careful. “Thank you oppa”

They both then sat down and Minho took a seat next to her. “Hey, sorry I couldn’t give you the interview last time, I heard that Taemin gave you a hard time”, Minho laughed.

Naeun laughed, “That’s fine sunbaenim- I mean oppa- You must be busy but yeah, Taemin oppa was quite viscious”

Minho raised an eyebrow, “Oppa? You made up already?”

“Yeah, we bumped into each other a couple times and clarified the misunderstanding”

Minho nodded, “Oh well, that’s good then, we should be working together just fine”

Naeun nodded in response.

Then people started coming one by one, Suho, Kwonho, Jimin, Sung Woon, Jongin and Taemin. Kwonho, Jimin and Sung Woon seem startstruck looking at Naeun, it’s weird that they have a girl in the room. When Taemin came in he gave Naeun a small smile but stiffens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter