The Meeting

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun was the definition of the perfect girl in Hanim High School for gifted students. Perfect absence, perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect grades, president of the drama club and always number 1 in her year. All the boys line up to date her, and all the girls want to be her.

She is always quiet and reserved, even in her friend group. However despite her quiet demeanor, she is very competitive and always strive to be number 1.

Naeun was raised in a challenging environment, she excels because she works hard and she has talent. Her father passed away when she was 5, so her mom is the sole breadwinner. Her mom owns a humble tteokbokki shop and is managing life as best as she can.

Naeun managed to get a full ride scholarship from her excellent academic standing. She has a little sister, Saeun who has a full ride scholarship in Donghan sports school for her achievements in golf. They are definitely really lucky.

She excels in everything but she has never been first in the entire school, she’s always second. Lee Taemin, senior Honor student, student council president, lead dancer in Hanim’s famous dance club and an overall lady killer. Everyone has a crush on Lee Taemin, but not Naeun. She just wants to beat him and take his spot at number 1. He’s hot and cold, friendly to some and cold to others. She always wondered why people find him appealing, he’s just a guy.

She has never had a conversation with Taemin, even though she sees him on the school monitor giving a speech or giving a speech during school ceremonies, they have never personally crossed paths with each other.

This year though, Naeun is determined to win. She has decided to go try out for student council and scope the enemy. The secretary suddenly quit in the beginning of the semester, she suddenly transferred schools too, so this was perfect. She could apply to be the new one.

“Do you think I have a chance to get into the student council?”, Naeun asked Eunji, one of her closest friends.

They’re eating at the cafeteria together, still waiting for their other friends.

“Definitely, your resume is pretty much excellent, they would be crazy to reject a secretary like you”, Eunji replied with food still in .

“Unnie-swallow first”, Naeun chuckled.

Eunji gulped her food and pointed her chopsticks at her.

“Yah, I swear if they don’t let you in I will punch Lee Taemin myself and make him accept you”

Naeun just laughed at her remark. Eunji and Taemin are in the same class, they’re friendly with each other but not exactly friends. Eunji says that Taemin has this aura about him that makes her wary of him. She admitted that when she was a freshman, she had a crush on Taemin and tried confessing but got disappointed when hearing that Taemin doesn’t date. She gave up on him quickly when he saw him fooling around with other girls. She’s now better off with her boyfriend, Kibum.

“Thanks unnie, but let’s not punch the president, it might ruin my chances of running for president next year,'' she gave her a small smile.

Eunji smiled at her and poked her forehead. “You’ll do just fine Naeun”

Kibum then came and put his arms over her shoulder. “So, what are we talking about here?”he asked with a smile. Kibum is really friendly, but he is rather feminine compared to Eunji so it was rather a shock when they got together. Kibum is actually close to Taemin but since Eunji has her doubts and she used to like him, he thought it was best to not have all 3 hang out together.

Naeun never asked what Taemin is like or how he studies, she wants to win fair and square and if she’s going to ask someone about Taemin’s study methods, she’s going to find out herself.

“It’s about Naeun’s application for the student council babe”, Eunji said with a mouth full of food.

“Oh yeah you’re applying! Are you sure you don’t want me to say anything to Taemin? I could just put in a good word for you”, Kibum said.

“You’re too kind, but honestly I want to do it myself, thank you for the offer though”, Naeun said. She knows that method would be too easy, she n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter