Regrets

Winner Takes All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taemin’s pov]

Taemin was fuming after the interview, what kind of girl was that? Clearly that girl doesn’t know how to be civil. It was partially his fault too he thought, but he was too stubborn to admit that.

This is the first time a girl would get mad at him for something not relationship related. Usually he would hook up with another girl and get caught but he always made it clear that he wasn’t interested in dating. Girls always think that they can turn them into the better after hooking up with them once. But clearly no girl can do that, Taemin can’t be tied down by anyone.

He went to Mr. Jinki’s office, the health teacher. He’s the student council advisor and he’s also rather young for a teacher, 22 years old hence why Taemin finds comfort in talking to him than other teachers.

“Hyung!”, Taemin called him with frustration.

Mr. Jinki sat on his chair checking the paperwork, he looked up to see Taemin. “It’s sir, not hyung but what’s wrong this time?”, he said in a light tone. He’s so easy to talk to, that’s why Taemin treats him more like a big brother than a teacher, somewhere where he can be himself.

“The 16th applicant, she was crazy hyung! There’s no way she’s going to get in”, he said as he frustratedly pushed his hair back.

“Which one was it? Let me check the chart”, he looked for the list of applicants. He quickly did a read through and saw Naeun’s name in the midst of all the girls that applied.

Jinki shook his head, “Taemin that can’t be possible, she is our best candidate, perfect grades, perfect behavior, eloquent, she’s first in her year and second in the whole school, we would be blind to reject her, i’ve seen her dynamic and I think dating is ranked last in her priorities”

Unlike Naeun, Taemin never really minded grades, he just accepted whatever he got and fortunately it was always first, but he doesn’t care. He became president of the student council just because Jonghyun wanted him to. Jonghyun was last year’s president and he wanted to hand over the title to Taemin since he believed in him. Taemin really respects him so to do this for him was the least he could do, he enjoys doing it too.

Jinki grabbed a copy of her resume and looked at her achievements. “Yah, out of all of the resumes we received, hers is the most impressive, even a 5 year old can see that, it’s extensive”

Taemin just shook his head in retaliation. “Even if she isn’t a fangirl, She’s too aggressive, she would ruin the dynamic and we wouldn’t get anything done”

Then the door opened, it was Minho. “Ah Taemin there you are!”, he said with relief.

He sat on Jinki’s desk and crossed his arms, “hey thanks for covering the interview for me, how was Son Naeun, she’s our best candidate”

“We are not letting her in! I am telling you that girl is psycho”, Taemin said exasperated.

Minho looked at him oddly, “what happened?”

Taemin told them the chronology of the story and they were certainly surprised because rumor has it Son Naeun is a quiet and reserved girl but intelligent indeed. She has never been one to start a fight, she wouldn’t hurt a fly.

“You were in the wrong too Taemin”, Jinki shrugged. “You accused her of having ulterior motives when she hasn’t got one, I’d go mad if someone does that to me”

“She asked about Minho first instead of answering the question, after 15 applicants who obviously showed that they were more interested in getting into our pants than the position itself, it made it hard to think otherwise”, Taemin grumbled.

“She could’ve just asked out of curiosity, you were rude from the start”, Minho interject, shaking his head.

“This is why you should’ve done the interviews, since you have the ‘heart’ for it”, Taemin said pointing at Minho.

“Hey! I had an important meeting with the coach, you had free time, might as well do something”, Minho defended.

Taemin just pulled his hair, “Fine whatever, but she SHOULDN’T be on the council and that’s final”

Minho eyed him weirdly, “why are you being so adamant about this, and you’re acting like a child, this is unlike you”

“That’s because he has never met a girl who’d yell at him for calling him out on his attitude, his role and popularity interferes with people’s judgement, while Son Naeun doesn’t care”, Jinki interject sporting a smirk on his face.

“It’s like he has a mom-complex, right hyung?”, Minho joked, laughing with Jinki

“It’s the first time a girl wouldn’t bend at your will eh?”, Jinki joked.

Taemin is fuming, “well you guys are apparently incapable of having a proper discussion, so I’m going to leave”, he walked towards the door and kicked a stool out of anger.

Jinki yelled out, “Tomorrow we’re going to have a vote on the top 3 candidates and we’re going to interview them once again!”

Taemin yelled back, “whatever!” And slammed the door to the clinic.

Taemin went to the rooftop, to take a breather. The rooftop can only be opened by members of the student council or staff of the school, which makes this his paradise. Not a lot of the members know about that and he wants to keep it that way.

Am I really acting up for no reason? He looked down at the soccer field where the freshman were told to run around the field.

The door to the roof opened, Taemin looked back and sighed with relief. It’s just Jongin, he’s part of the council as the treasurer. Jongin along with Minho, Kibum an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter