Chapter 4

Focus On Me

You hand Jinyoung the keys to your car and he opens the door for you. No one has ever driven your car before. The fact that you are letting him proves how much you must like him. He takes off his coat and gets into the driver’s seat. You are in the process of putting your seatbelt on when he leans across and takes over. He’s so close to you that you can feel his warm breath on your neck. The car is dark which only makes the atmosphere more intimate. He brushes a strand of hair from your eyes and tucks it behind your ear. You can feel your heart wanting to jump out of your chest and into his arms. Is he going to kiss you? It’s been a month and a half since you met, but you still haven’t had a first kiss yet. He smiles and looks away. How long is he going to wait before he kisses you?

He takes you to dinner on a revolving rooftop restaurant. The setup is romantic and you slow dance after your meal. You are leaning against his shoulder now as you dance. He’s holding one of your hands while the other is on your waist. That touch is driving you crazy. “What if I hadn’t walked into your café that day?”, he asks, “What if I hadn’t met you?”. You understand how he feels because you can’t imagine any other scenario other than that one. “I like you”, he goes on, “A lot”. He’s looking deep into your eyes now as you sway to the music. “I like you too”, you say, “More than a lot”. He’s pleased by your response. He cups your face and you stop moving. And then it happens a sweet glorious meeting of his lips on yours.

~~~~~~~

You and Jinyoung are officially a couple now after he asked you to be his girlfriend three months ago. It’s been 6 months since you met and every moment you see him is precious because there’s so few. Tonight is your first Got7 concert and he got you VIP tickets. You have never been to a concert before and you are happy that this is your first. You are escorted backstage and see the rest of the guys. You are close to them now due to your many visits to their dorm. You spend more time there than your own apartment.

In that time, you have sort of become Jaebum’s guinea pig for testing out new music on. You like your new role. All those moments you spend alone with him have brought you guys closer and helped your friendship grow. It didn’t take you long to realize that you were overthinking what happened during your first meeting with him. It was clear that he did not share your thoughts during that moment. How could you possibly have had those thoughts about another guy anyway, even if it was for a brief second?

~~~~~~~

Mark and Jackson brought their girlfriends along so the three of you enjoy the concert together. You have met them before and got closer each time. You are still awestruck every time you watch Jinyoung perform. His voice, his dancing, his face, his smile, his everything takes your breath away. When the concert ends, you and the girls wait in another room backstage. The guys are having a mini fan meet, so the three of you start planning the night ahead. Mark’s girlfriend offers to host the after party. She is a student just like you and has her own apartment which she shares with her cute little puppy. You have been there once before when the four of you went on a double date. It’s the perfect spot for a party.

After an hour of waiting, the boys arrive. Jinyoung gives you a back hug and kisses the nape of your neck. It always makes your heart flutter. “I missed you”, he leans his chin on your shoulder and holds you closer. “You are incredible”, you say, “You know that?”. “I know”, he says smugly and kisses the side of your neck this time. The more he kisses you, the more you crave it along with other things. The first time you slept together was your one month anniversary. It couldn’t have been any more special and he couldn't have been any more wonderful! It only made you fall in love with him more...

It is time to leave for the party. Jinyoung is driving your car with Mark in the passenger seat, while you, his GF and Jaebum are in the back seat. The other half of the gang is in another car. You are seated in the middle with Jaebum sitting directly behind the driver’s seat. Because his legs are far too long for the back of your small car, he has it leaning towards you. His jeans are ripped at the knees and you have a skirt on so you can feel his skin rubbing against yours. Unlike the first time this happened, you know he can feel it too. You try to move your legs away, but that just allows him more space and his knee finds you again. You give up on avoiding it. Why does it even matter if it’s touching or not? Is it maybe because of the way such a simple touch is making you feel?

Its dark inside the car and the street lights don’t do much to illuminate the back seat. He rolls the window down and you welcome in the fresh air. The chill of the wind hits you and you shudder. “Are you cold?”, he asks and reaches for the button to close it again. It had started off as a hot summer night but now that it is much cooler, you start questioning why you wore a skirt. “A little, but you don’t have to close it it was too warm in here anyway”, you say. He sits forward and starts to take off his jacket. It's not the first time he's done something sweet like this. It's always subtle things that he's not even aware of it. Like he pulls your chair out when you go to listen to his songs. He once ran out in the rain with an umbrella to you inside when Jinyoung wasn't there. Another time when Jinyoung had to rush off for a schedule and he walked you to the car because it was late and waited there until you drove off. 

"My jacket is behind you put that on”, Jinyoung says. Jaebum pauses, pulls his jacket back on and sits back again. You don’t know why, but you feel bad. “I’m okay”, you say to Jinyoung. Even though you feel the chill, something about the moment isn’t allowing you to put his jacket on when Jaebum wanted to give you his. You look at Jaebum and smile, “Thanks anyway”. He nods and looks out the window.