Chapter 7

Focus On Me

“Where are they???”, she asks for the thousandth time and you are ready to punch her.“They have things to do after the concert ends. They don’t just leave like we do”, you explain. The two of you have been waiting at their hotel for the past half hour. The longer you wait, the more you feel like it isn’t a good idea. The last thing you want to do right now is spend time with Jaebum, especially after that show. You weren’t sure if you were stripping him in your mind or images from the last time you saw him were coming back to you. He gave you feels that a girl with a boyfriend should not have. You try calling your actual boyfriend again, but he doesn’t answer. You miss him more now and wish he was here. If you could just hear his voice or see his face again, you know it will make all these weird feelings about Jaebum go away. But you shouldn't need Jinyoung to make those feelings go away because you shouldn't be having them at all.

“Oh my god”, your friend says, “I see them… I see them I see them”. You feel nervous when you see him. He is in deep conversation with Yugyeom and they are laughing about something. You physically give your body a shake hoping to shake the nerves. It was crazy. You have seen them many times before. There’s nothing left to be nervous about anymore. “Oh my god”, she says more softly, “They are coming this way”. Yugyeom runs up to you and gives you a hug. He’s the tallest one so he always has to hunch a little. Your friend is stunned as he greets her. You nudge her and she greets him back.

Jaebum joins a while after and you aren’t sure if you should give him a hug or not. It's like you don't know how to act around him anymore. But then he holds his arms out and wraps them around you. When he's hugged you hello in the past, it was a slight side hug. This time is is full on and lingers like he doesn't want to break away from you. A part of you doesn't want that either. You like this feeling of being in his arms. You like the way you fit into him. You like the way his hand feels on the back of your head and the way his other hand feels on your waist. You wonder if he can feel your heart pounding against him because that’s what it was currently doing. It was out of control. He breaks away and smiles that smile you always have to look away from. But this time you don’t. You let yourself fall into it and it's followed by instant guilt about the way it makes you feel.

Once you all sit down for dinner, your bestie doesn’t give Yugyeom’s ear a break. He doesn’t seem to mind it and talks back just as much. That leaves you and Jaebum to have your own conversation. You are seated opposite each other and because the table is quite small, you can feel his legs against yours. It seemed to be a trend between the two of you. The conversation is pretty normal. You talk about the show, the songs, the fans, the city and your trip. He looks genuinely interested to hear about it, so you relay the past week’s events to him leading up to tonight. You start showing him pictures on your phone and things between you feel normal.

~~~~~~~

Dinner lasted two hours. It felt too much like a double date to you. What's worse is that you enjoyed your time with Jaebum. You feel like you are losing your mind. You are dating Jinyoung! Whatever you are feeling for Jaebum now is clearly just the after effects of the concert. You got too into it. You need to get back to your own hotel now. You need to get away from him. You need time to compose your thoughts. You need time to breath. Because it feels like you've been suffocating since he walked into this hotel.

“Come on, the night is young!”, Yugyeom said,“Let’s do something. We can’t really leave the hotel but there are lots of things to do here. We can go play billiards! Have you played before?”. She shakes her head, “Will you teach me?”. He and your friend have an obvious connection, so the two of them are in no mood to go their separate ways. You are happy for them and hate to have to break up the party. “We can’t”, you say, “We’re staying on the other end of the city… Id rather not go back too late”.

“Why don’t you spend the night here, Jaebum says and hearing those words leave his lips makes you even more flustered. It was all the more reason why you shouldn't be spending any more time around him. So many unwanted thoughts were passing through your head that it felt like a migraine. We have two rooms. You guys can have one”, he offers. We would love that”, your friend says before you can refuse. “No we can't, we have no clothes or toiletries!”, you argue, “That wouldn’t work”. “Come on, Yugyeom begs, “Pleeeeeease for me”. He makes a cute sad face that makes your heart melt.“Stay, Jaebum says and you aren’t sure what your decision was going to be before he said that ,but now all you want to is stay.