Chapter 6

Focus On Me

“I can’t believe I’m not going to see you for two whole weeks”, Jinyoung sighs. He drove you to the airport. After months of working at the café plus an allowance from your parents, you are all set to leave for your trip. “Are you sure you don’t want me to come inside?”, he asks and you shake your head. “My best friend knows about us but the others don’t. I don’t want to put you in a situation that compromises the secrecy of our relationship”, you say. It’s been a few months since you have been a couple, but you can’t exactly share the news with the world like you would like to do. You trust your best friend enough with the information and that’s about it. He gets out of the car, opens your door then offloads your luggage. He pulls you into him and squeezes you tightly, “Gosh I’m going to miss you like crazy”. “I’m going to miss you too”, you don’t want him to let go. “Come with me”, you suggest, “I have space in my bag”. He chuckles, “I wish I could”. You kiss him goodbye and go off to meet your friends.

~~~~~~~

“Why not?”, your best friend asks, “They could totally get us tickets if you just ask”. “I can’t do that”, you say. “Off course you can!”, she insists, “Come on you know Im totally crushing on him. If you really loved me, then you would. She fakes a sad face and you roll your eyes. You have been on your trip for a week now with a bunch of friends, but the second half of it is just the two of you. It was the part you were looking forward to; just hanging out with your best friend in pretty foreign lands. “Call them,,, call them,,, call them”, she nags and you grab a pillow and hit her with it. This has been going on for the past 15 minutes. One of the stops of your trip coincides with a stop of Jus2’s tour. She has been begging you to call them and get two tickets for the show. You don’t like the idea of that. Just because you were dating a member didn’t mean you could take advantage of the others. Apart from that, you had not seen Jaebum since that very awkward towel moment. He might not remember the party, but he was definitely sober for that.

“I’m sure all the tickets are already sold by now”, you try to get her to drop it. She pouts and you feel bad. She’s had a crush on Yugyeom for a while now. You even got his autograph for her. If you could get him to meet her, she would love you forever. Well more than she already did. “Fiiiiiiiiine”, you give in, “I’ll see what I can do”. You pull out your phone and call Jinyoung. He is thrilled by the idea and says that you just need to go to the venue and everything will be sorted. You thank him and hang up. Your friend starts jumping on the bed in celebration. She stops suddenly, “Oh no what am I going to wear??? Ahhh. She begins rummaging through her luggage. What are you going to wear? Should we go y Do you think Yugyeom likes y?. I think that if he’s going to like you, I want him to like you regardless of what you wear”, you say. She holds up a dress and you change your mind. “Okay forget what I said, you should definitely go y!”.

~~~~~~~

You call Yugyeom when you get there. You feel terrible about disturbing him but that’s the instruction you were given. You have to literally pry your phone out of your friend’s hands once she realizes you have his number. You calm her down and wait as a staff member from the stadium finds you and gives you two tickets. The lines are long and you are amazed that this many people are in attendance. Jus2 are clearly fan favorites. After an hour of waiting, the doors open and you go inside.

You receive a text from Yugyeom once you are at your seat that asks to meet them at their hotel after the show so you can have dinner together. You explain to him that you are on this trip with your friend so you won’t be able to and he tells you to bring her along. Off course she is spying on your messages, so there’s really not much more you can do to deny his request. You agree and he sends you the details. “Well it’s a good thing I went for y after all”, she grins.

The show begins and you become completely enthralled. Your focus has always been on Jinyoung during previous concerts, but now since he isn’t around; your full attention is on Jaebum. You feel yourself getting flustered. Has he always been this y on stage? The way he dances, those facial expressions, the way he his lips. Should you really be paying attention to things like that? You turn to your friend who seems to not even notice that Jaebum is on stage right. Her eyes are opened wide and entirely focused on Yugyeom. You find her cute and think that they would make a sweet couple. He’s always the friendliest one when you hang out with them and the one who is most comfortable with you. He’s like a lovable naughty little brother. You try to watch Yugyeom and the other dancers on stage, but your eyes keep drifting back to Jaebum. You can’t help yourself. His stage presence is too strong and alluring.