two // sparkle

Where The Sky Connects // Loveteen Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y O O N   J E O N G H A N   X   P A R K   M Y U N G E U N
myungeun loves books – the smell of paper, the touch of worn out covers, the calmness of letters set in neat rows – and therefore, she loves the library. but she might have found another reason to love the library even more than she already does. library/highschool au.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the sound of the school bell, Myungeun picked up her books and stuffed them into her bag. Having too much to carry since it was her self-declared library day, she hugged a couple of books close to her chest, reminding herself that it was a good exercise for her scrawny arms.

Confidently walking out of the classroom and down the corridor, Myungeun didn't bother slowing down for she knew exactly where she was headed to – the neighbourhood library across the street, two streets down.

She was slightly distracted when she saw a couple, of whom the girl she recognised from the apartment four doors away from hers, shyly flirting by the lockers. It made her wonder if all those high school scenarios she often read of in books when she was in middle school were accurate.

Why on earth the lockers though?

Stepping out of the compound, Myungeun paused in her tracks. She took a whiff of the air, somehow smelling a lot fresher than the stale one circulating within the building. With a small smile and the kick of her heels, she skipped down the stairs and swung left, ready to set out on her weekly adventure.

Myungeun was usually one who'd stick her nose in the books in her hand and not observe her surroundings. Today was no different. She walked with her eyes on the ground, only raising her head while crossing the road.

The other moment she raised her head and kept it there, was when she entered the library. The smell of wood and paper mixed together was something she loved and immediately put a smile on her face – the widest she would ever have had the whole day.

Quickly heading to the counter, she returned the books she had finished from the week and excitedly went around, exploring which new books she should tackle.

Recently, she had been into fantasy novels. So that's exactly where she went to first. Running her hand over the rows of neatly arranged books, some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter