one // home

Where The Sky Connects // Loveteen Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

S E O   J I S O O   X   H O N G   J I S O O
wherein Joshua comes back to a place he calls home. domestic au.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A hand restlessly fiddled with the pen within, clicking it open and shut repeatedly. Joshua stared at the monochrome clock on the wall of the office. The time read seven fifty-three.

It was past working hours but he was still stuck in his seat waiting for his boss to leave his office. He could still see his boss in the corner of his eyes hacking away on his keyboard. He couldn't wait to get home.

Home.

A place he could call his own from the savings he had accumulated. A place where he would be greeted with a warm meal after a long day at work. A place he could rest his head, feeling safe, feeling at ease.

Joshua hurried off the bus and took off in a half-walk, half-sprint towards the foot of his apartment building. Impatiently pressing the lift button, he had to remind himself to calm down when the elevator seemed to take forever to arrive.

The moment a resounding ding was heard, he slipped through between the opening doors. Upon reaching his apartment, he smoothly placed his thumb on the fingerprint scanner. Hearing the beep and click, Joshua pulled the door wide open with an excited heart.

Greeted with nothing but a silent, dark home, his face fell and he sadly shuffled in. Slipping off his shoes, he felt for the lights and switched them on.

Oh right, today's Thursday.

Glancing at the small wooden dining table that was empty save for daily necessities like the glass jar of water and two mugs turned upside down, Joshua pulled the corners of his lips to the side, feeling more depressed than usual.

It was Thursday and that meant it was the day he was supposed to settle his own dinner outside. Tuesdays and Thursdays were the days she was on afternoon shifts and wouldn't be home to prepare dinner.

I forgot. This .

Heaving a sigh, he pulled off his blazer and draped it clumsily over the dining chair. Loosening his tie, he ruffled his hair as he stood for a moment to think. Having made his decision, he plopped down onto the small two-seater couch and propped his head up on a cushion.

He was probably extremely tired for before he realised, he was fighting to force his eyelids open when he heard the sound of the clanging of pots and pans.

Forcing his droopy eyelids from shutting again, Joshua sat up in the couch. He groggily massaged hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter