Party

Inside The Dark

 

 

“So, what’s this party for?” KAi asks, leaning back against a wall. Sehun can see him watch as the punk applies his eyeliner and subtle eyeshadow in the mirror. Had done his own make-up plenty of times before, he would consider himself a bit of an expert. Well, only with things like mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of eyeshadow. Luhan sometimes uses lip gloss but he says that’s only to entice potential flings. He’d roll his eyes, call his pink-haired friend a and get a mischievous giggle in response. 

 

“It’s just a...you know, party. People just go there to relax and stuff; get drunk, hook up.”

 

“And that’s what you’re going for?” The demon asks again. “Getting drunk and hook up?”

 

“Hook up? Ehhh. Getting drunk? Possibly,” Sehun laughs. “I don’t usually end up sleeping with anyone at these parties. Baek might sometimes but Lu always does.”

 

“Always?”

 

“Always,” Sehun chuckles. “Watch out by the way,” He begins to say as he steps back. He goes to the large mirror next to his bed to check out his make-up and tight pants. “Luhan’s going to try to sleep with you.”

 

Kai shakes his head. “Tell him to not bother.”

 

“Ouch. You’re just gonna turn him down like that?”

 

“I’m not interested in him.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Right, you only care about going home.”

 

Kai slowly shakes his head. I mean he’s not my type.”

 

The punk raises his brows in shock as he sits on his bed and grabs his boots. “You actually have a type? What is it? Other demons? Anything other than humans?”

 

“No, not quite,” The demon stuffs his hands into his pocket. “I like…” He shifts around, seeming uncomfortable. “Pretty boys.”

 

“Luhan is pretty.”

 

“But he’s too pretty,” Kai admits. “My type...is more like you.”

 

Sehun quickly looks up from his shoes and stares at the demon. “W...what?” He furrows his brows. “You uhhh…what?”

 

Kai laughs and shakes his head. Before either of them can say anything further, there’s a knock at his door. “Sehun?” He mother calls out. When the demon looks like he’s about to hide, Sehun just shakes his head. 

 

“Come in,” he calls out. 

 

“Sehun, who are you talking to-” She stops when she enters and sees Kai; awkwardly standing beside the punk’s bed, near the closet. “Who...who is this?”

 

“Mom, this is Kai. He’s a college student teaching me Latin.”

 

“O-oh!”

 

“It’s...nice to meet you,” Kai mutters. 

 

“I see,” She clears his throat. “And what is he doing in your bedroom? At seven at night?”

 

“He’s coming with me to the party and I needed is opinion on my clothes.”

 

His mother sighs. “Parties, Sehun?”

 

“Yup,” The punk shrugs before standing up. He grabs his own leather jacket and pulls it on. “Well, I’m ready. Let’s go, Kai.” He doesn’t even look at his mother when he walks past her, quickly making his way to the stairs. He stops at the top, frowning when he sees his father coming up. His father also stops and his face warps into disgust when he sees Kai. Taking a deep breath, it takes him all his courage to begin walking down. He inhales a sharp breath when he’s suddenly and harshly pushed against the railing, his back instantly aches from the impact. He glances at Kai when the demon takes a quick step closer, anger in his eyes. But he stops when the punk shakes his head. 

 

“I told you not to bring your ing boyfriends here,” his father spits.

 

“He’s NOT a boyfriend,” Sehun argues. He shrinks back when his father looms over him, glowering darkly at him. “I'm...I’m not talking back...sir.”

 

“Of course you aren’t,” Sehun grimaces when his arm his tightly grabbed. “You’re not that stupid.”

 

“N-no,” The punk whispers, averting his gaze toward his feet. “I’m sorry…” He closes his eyes when he’s released and he can hear footsteps descending up the stairs. When he reopens his eyes, he looks up at his mother; standing when her son had been, her eyes wide with realization. The realization that her son is gay. Tears fill his eyes when she touches her forehead and brings it down to her chest, to her left, and then to her right as she whispers a quiet prayer. He turns away and continues down, dashing out the door as soon as he hits the bottom step. He hugs himself as he quickly walks off the porch and down the walkway. He only stops when he’s at the street out front. Before Kai can join him, he quickly rubs his eyes, embarrassed. 

 

“Sehun,” Kai says softly.

 

“Well, let’s start walking,” Sehun clears his throat. “Y-you ready?”

 

“Sehun, wait,” The demon grabs the punk’s arm but not in a hostile way like his father. He flinches a little from it but he doesn’t move away. “What the hell was that?”

 

“What was what?” Sehun says, acting oblivious. 

 

“Sehun…”

 

“Can we forget about it, please?”

 

“No,” The demon glares. “I don’t like the way your father acts towards you.”

 

“Well, what can you do? Are you gonna beat them?! Put him in a hospital?!” He asks defensively, pulling his arm back now.

 

“If you ask me to, I will!”

 

Sehun stares at him. “W-what?”

 

“Tell me to beat your father to a bloody pulp and I will!”

 

“I…”

 

“Well?! Do you want me to?!”

 

“Yes!” Sehun angrily admits. 

 

“Yes?!”

 

“N..no!” The punk stops, tears once again filling up in his eyes. He sniffs and shakes his head. “I don’t know!” He doesn’t look back up when he’s grabbed his shoulders. When the grip tightens, he looks up, jumping when he’s met with Kai’s golden eyes. 

 

"Do you feel safe here?”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Do you feel safe here?” Kai repeats. 

 

“I…” Sehun feels his lip quiver. “I don’t know.” He tries to push everything down but his chest tightens and he begins to cry. He brings his hands up to his face and covers it. He suddenly begins to cry harder and harder; eventually turning into a pathetic sobbing. His chest and heart hurts and aches. Desperate for comfort, he ignores his own personal feelings and lunges forward, wrapping his arms around the demon’s waist and burying his wet face in the nape of Kai’s shoulder and neck. He closes his eyes tightly, uncaring about how awkward this must seem. He feels pathetic but he clings to Kai for dear life. He flinches when arms wrap around him. But the warmth of them causes him to slowly relax. 

 

“Where I’m from the way your father treats you, what he does to you…” Kai leans over, whispering into the punk’s ear. “It’s punishable by death.” He smiles a little at that, hiding his face in the fabric of Kai’s shirt. 

 

“I’m…” He sighs. “I’m not going to ask you to kill my father.”

 

“But you want me to.” Sehun’s smile fades. As if sensing this, the demon chuckles. “That’s what demons do, human. We can sense the desires and wants of our contracts.”

 

“W-what are-”

 

“I already knew you wanted those other humans to pay,” His voice remains a whisper, causing the punk to shiver. “Every time you think of your father, talk to him, or even see him...I know the only thing you want is to see him bloody and beaten. Maybe leave him crying, panicked; like he’s done to you so many times.” He sighs. “I wouldn’t bother hiding that sort of thing around me if I were you.”

 

“You can sense ALL of my desires?” Sehun frowns, stepping away and out of the demon’s comforting hold. 

 

“That’s right.” Kai looks back at the house. 

 

Sehun stares at him as he does so. “Does…” He runs his hand through his own, black hair. “Does that mean you knew? You sensed I wanted those boys-”

 

“I knew what you wanted and that’s why I did it,” Kai interrupts. “I did what you didn’t have the courage to ask me to do.”

 

Sehun slowly nods and crosses his arms. He bites his lip, taking this brief moment to observe the man. He had changed his outfit to fit in better with a party; a tight, black t-shirt and black leather pants. It looks like something Sehun would wear but it looks so much better on the demon. “Be careful, human,” Kai slowly looks back to him and smirks. “Those kinds of desires are a bit more dangerous.”

 

Sehun furrows his brows, watching as the man begins to walk off. “What?” He asks. “W-what’re you talking about?!” He jogs after Kai, catching up with him. “I don’t have any desires!” He glares when the demon laughs deeply. “I don’t! Stop laughing!”



 

“Alright, some ground rules,” Sehun says, stopping Kai before they approach the house. “Don’t embarrass me, don’t tell anyone you're a demon, and uh...have fun.”

 

“Is the last one really a rule?”

 

“Yep!” The punk smacks Kai on the back before dragging him up to the party; loud music and laughter spilled out from the open door and onto the street. Inside, the room’s lights had been turned off and replaced with different ones; ones you'd typically find in a club. With flashing blue and purple lights, people dance and grind up on each other drunkenly. Some other people sit nearby, making out or playing stupid games. He grins when he sees Luhan and Baekhyun, waving at him from across the room. He snorts when he sees Chanyeol beside them, looking uncomfortable as he stands close to Baekhyun. He laughs as he pulls off his leather jacket, hanging it up before he makes his way to his friend. Without a single word spoken, he accepts when given a can of beer. At the same time, the three boys quickly open their beverage and throw their head back. They down the drinks in one go, cheering as soon as they finish. Sehun drops his empty can and stamps on it with his heavy boot while Baekhyun crushes his own. Luhan, their delicate one, tosses it to the side.

 

“Wooo!” Baekhyun screams, lifting his hands and begins to jump to the music. “We haven’t been to a party in fooorever!”

 

“Last year, actually,” Luhan laughs. He grins at Kai and takes a step closer. “Hey there.”

 

“I’m not going to you,” Kai says abruptly and looks around; uninterested in the boy. Luhan’s smile fades and he looks at Sehun. 

 

The punk laughs and shrugs. “Sorry, Lu- you’re just not his type, I guess.”

 

“What just happened?” Luhan gapes.

 

“That’s called rejection, babe,” Baekhyun chuckles. “Welcome to the real world.”

 

“I never get rejected!”

 

“Oh yeah? Forgetting about me, pinky?”

 

Sehun gasps and turns, smiling wide at the familiar face. “Tao!” He laughs when his Chinese friend tightly grabs his hip. Tao’s a tall college student with his messy, short hair dyed a light lavender. He looks like a rockstar with his black, fluffy jacket and dark eyeshadow. Sehun faces Tao and doesn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around his friend’s neck. “You should have told me you were in town!”

 

“Nah,” Tao shrugs. “I did the creepy thing and found out where you’d be.”

 

“That IS creepy,” Luahn shakes his head. “But super hot.”

 

“Uh uh,” Sehun points. “Get your own occasional friend with benefits.” He wiggles his eyebrows before he jumps up, straddling his Chinese friend. “Go have fun, Kai!” He calls out as he’s quickly carried away, deeper into the house. 

 

“Boyfriend?” Tao asks, setting Sehun down once in an upstairs bedroom. 

 

“Right,” Sehun rolls his eyes. “You think I’d be up here with you if I had a boyfriend?” He looks around, raising a brow at the sight of a cooler.

 

“I planned ahead,” His friend shrugs. He grabs Sehun by the hand and pulls him over to the bed. They both sigh as they fall on the comfortable blankets. “Tell me what you’ve been up to, Sehuna, everything.”

 

“Well let’s see,” Sehun sighs as he rolls onto his back. “Remember how you gave me that spell? Well...it worked.”

 

Tao raises a brow. “What?”

 

“It worked,” He shrugs. “I summoned the demon.”

 

Tao stares at him for a moment before smirking. “Are you in’ with me?”

 

“No! That guy you saw me with is the demon,” Sehun smiles at him. “I swear. Do you remember those guys who kept bullying me? That...demon put them all in the hospital.” He reaches over, grabbing two bottles from inside the cooler. 

 

“Good for you,” His Chinese friend chuckles. “Good for you, Hun.” The punk sighs as he downs his drink, relaxing as his chest heats up. He scoots closer to Tao and smiles when there’s no argument.

 

“So, I’m guessing you haven’t found anyone yet?” 

 

“Obviously,” Tao scoffs. He grabs Sehun’s now empty bottle and sets it to the side. He gives a smirk as he rolls over, now hovering over the punk. “You look cute all liquored up,” He hum.

 

“Hey, you drank just as much as me,” Sehun scoffs, lifting his head and sighing as kisses are places along his jaw and neck. He welcomes this warm feeling, all of Tao’s kisses and the way he runs his hands alone Sehun’s body washes away all of his previous stress. Hands push up his shirt and feel around his chest, strong familiarity. A giggle escapes his lips when Tao places with his piercing, causing him to wrap his arms around his friend’s neck. He groans softly as Tao presses his hips down and against Sehun’s. He’s eager when his friend kisses him; passionate, hungry, almost desperate. His eyes flutter shut as the kiss deepens, neither hesitating to intertwine their tongues. 

 

But Sehun frowns when an image pops up in his mind; Kai. He pushes it away for a moment, able to focus on Tao. It’s a brief moment but the demon once again invades his thoughts. In his mind, Tao turns into Kai; he smells like roses and smoke, tastes like that tea he always seems to drink. He furrows his brow and sometimes possesses him to kiss harder. The sound of Tao’s soft moans causes him to pull back and gasp softly. He opens his eyes and frowns.

 

“What’s wrong?” Tao asks, concern on his face. He backs up when Sehun pushes on his chest. “Was it something I did?”

 

“No, no,” Sehun clears his throat. “I…” He groans and rubs his face. “I...why do I keep thinking about him?”

 

“Thinking...of who?”

 

The punk looks at Tao apologetically. “I don’t know why but...but I keep...thinking about Kai.”

 

Tao slowly smirks. “The...demon?”

 

Sehun gives him a pointed look. “Shouldn’t you be upset?”

 

“Me? Upset?” His friend scoffs. “My little Sehun might be falling for someone.”

 

“I’m not FALLING for Kai!” Sehun argues. “And he already told me; demons don’t fall for humans.”

 

“A pity,” Tao whispers before kissing Sehun’s cheek. He gives the man a playful glare as he’s helped up to his feet.

 

“Go seduce another guy, okay?” Sehun gently smacks Tao’s arm. “We’ll have lunch before you go back to China.”

 

“I’m holding you to that,” he chuckles. The punk gives his bottom a gentle smack, smiling as he walks off. He stares after Tao for a moment before groaning. What’s wrong with him? He always sleeps with Tao when he visits; it’s like their thing. He absolutely adores him too. He lets out a long, frustrated sigh, grabs a beer, and leaves before Tao returns with his fling. Why couldn’t he fall for him? Life would be so much simpler if he would just fall in love with Tao. He practically drags his feet down the stairs. Maybe he likes making these complicated for himself.

 

Sehun stops at the bottom step and looks around the party. He smiles when he spots Baekhyun, pulling Chanyeol towards the dancefloor. The poor giant looks shy but willing. Luhan, of course, is sitting with some handsome man; laughing, flirting. His smile fades when he spots Kai standing alone, his arms crossed and his eyes at the floor. He shakes his head. He doesn’t know why he brought Kai; what can he do with a house full of humans? He glances over at Tao and bites his lip. Without another thought, he heads over to the demon and smiles again. “Hey, you.”

 

Kai looks up and narrows his eyes. “Hey...I thought you went with your human...thing.”

 

“Human thing?” Sehun laughs. “He’s just a friend and uh...I don’t know, I guess I just wasn’t in the mood.” Kai slowly nods, looking a bit uncomfortable and out of his element.

 

“Come on, let’s go,” The punk speaks up, tugging on Kai’s shirt briefly. With a raised brow, he follows the punk.

 

“Go where?”

 

“Somewhere we’ll both be comfortable right now.”

 

“Demons like parties, remember?”

 

“Right,” Sehun huffs as he pulls on his jacket. “You look right in place, looking at somber-like at your shoes. Plus, Lu and Baek are going to be distracted for a few hours.”

 

“Do you often ditch your friends?”

 

“I’ll ditch you too if you don’t change the subject,” He warns as they step out into the cool air of the night. The alcohol from earlier hits him a bit harder than he expected and it causes him to stagger a bit. He laughs nervously when Kai has to catch him by his elbow. “T-thanks.”

 

“I’m guessing this Tao got you a bit tipsy?”

 

“Maybe a little,” Sehun smiles sheepishly, standing on his own now. “Tao got himself plenty tipsy too. Probably already got himself someone else anyway.”

 

Kai stuffs his hands in his pockets as they walk mindlessly, in no particular direction. “Jealous?”

 

“No,” Sehun says honestly. “Tao and I really are friends and I, for some reason, have never fallen for him. Maybe I’m stupid or REALLY picky,” He complains, “Tao is amazing, you know? He speaks three languages, he’s hot as hell, he’s also into occult; like me. He’s the one that gave me your spell.”

 

“So wait,” Kai huffs, stopping when they reach a park. He watches as Sehun saunters over to the monkey bars and begin to climb up top. “You want to fall for Tao?”

 

The punk shrugs. “Duh! He’s the perfect package, Kai,” He moans. “What’s wrong with me?”

 

The demon crosses his arms and looks up at Sehun on top of the metal bars. “There’s a saying you humans love that I don’t quite get. ‘You don’t choose who you love’.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Hey, what do YOU know about love?”

 

“Nothing,” Kai admits. “I was simply...repeating a human phrase. Demons don’t have this saying.”

 

“No?” Sehun watches as the demon climbs as well. “How come?”

 

“Because demons don’t whine about useless things like that,” he says. “We worry about wars and politics.”

 

“Oh, well hey! We worry about that stuff like that here too!”

 

“Yes but our wars aren’t started but stupid, childish arguments and our politics aren’t corrupt.”

 

“Wow. So you’re telling me that politics full of demons ISN’T corrupt?”

 

“We’re open about our backstabbing and betrayals. Sometimes we say outright when we’re going to turn on someone; we’re not surprised when it happens. You humans are surprised when powerful leaders are assassinated we’re not.”

 

“Assassinations are...normal there?”

 

“Yes,” Kai admits. “Killing powerful leaders isn’t uncommon but it IS frowned on.”

 

“FROWNED on!” Sehun bursts out with laughter; causing the demon to frown in confusing. “Killing is frowned on? It’s ILLEGAL here, Kai!”

 

The demon huffs. “Well, I’ll have you know, I have a killing permit.”

 

“Only good where you’re from, right?” The punk snorts and clings to the metal bars with his hands. “I can imagine it now. Kai, the demon, killing someone here and demanding he had a permit.”

 

“Actually, not every demon has permits to kill humans.”

 

Sehun raises his brows. “What?”

 

“Only demons with contracts have permits to kill,” He explains. “I have one, however, because of who my father is.”

 

“Who...is your father?”

 

Kai smirks over at him and Sehun swears if he were standing, his knees would grow weak. “A very, very powerful demon. Unlike your own father, he’s not a disgusting coward.”

 

“Does he uh...hate humans too?”

 

“Yes, but my mother doesn’t. She, for some reason, adores them.”

 

Sehun hums a bit as he leans back, laying along the bars. He stares up at the sky and then to the demon beside him. “Kai?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is there anything you like about earth?”

 

Kai glances over and seems as if he wants to say something. But he closes his mouth and shrugs. “Fried chicken, I suppose.”

 

The punk wrinkles his nose. “Fried chicken?” The demon smiles weakly and turns away, looking up at the stars. “Do…” Sehun sighs and sits up. “Do you miss your home?”

 

Kai remains silent for a moment. “Yes,” He whispers. 

 

“Oh…” Sehun swallows hard and looks at his hands; guilt filling him to the brim. He frowns and thinks about it. How the man had been taken from his home, family, and friends.

 

“But it’s…” The demon groans. “It’s not THAT bad here.”

 

The punk looks up and grins. “Really?”

 

“It’s not like I wish to STAY here but I...guess I could consider it a vacation.”

 

“See? There you go,” Sehun hops off and stretches. “I told you earth wasn’t so bad.”

 

“It’s not earth I like,” He mutters. 

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Nothing!” The demon growls. “We should go!”

 

Sehun yawns and nods, following when his walking partner begins to lead away. “I guess I should be heading home.”

 

“Then get your moving; it takes an hour to get to your place.”

 

“Okay, okay!” Sehun laughs cheerfully, jogging a bit to catch up. Maybe this week isn’t so bad after all.



 

“Home sweet home,” Sehun sighs when they stop at his home. He puts his hands on his hips and stares at the building. 

 

“You go in,” Kai orders. “I...think I’ll walk around for a bit longer.”

 

“Ooh, someone wanting to explore the city a bit?”

 

For the first time since he’s known Kai, he sees the man’s cheeks grow red. “Perhaps It’s...time I get to know this place. I mean, I’ll be here for a bit.”

 

“Right, right…” Sehun and Kai stand in silence, other sounds around them replacing conversation. He bites his lip and turns to the demon. “Kai, uh…” He clears his throat as he takes a step closer. “Thanks, okay?”

 

“You’ve been thanking me so much this week; you’ll have to tell me why this time.”

 

“Well, for everything. Coming to the party with me without complaining, walking around even though I’m...a little tipsy.”

 

Kai raises a brow. “You’re still tipsy?”

 

“No, not now,” Sehun waves his hand dismissively. “I just…” He shakes his head and takes another step forward. He clasps his arms around Kai’s waist again, burying his face into another hug. “Thanks.”

 

The demon is slow but he finally returns the gesture. “I don’t see why but…” He takes a deep breath. “But, you’re welcome.” They stand together for a few, comfortable and peaceful minutes. His knees shake a bit and his heart flutters. It causes him to tighten his grip a bit. But this makes him step away, smiling sheepishly. 

 

“I uh...I’ll leave you to your...walk,” He mutters. “I’ll probably be asleep by the time you get back so um…”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

Sehun laughs nervously as he walks backward, toward the front door. “Good...goodnight, Kai.” The demon gives a smile before turning and disappearing down the street, into the night. Sehun slowly leans his back against the front door as he stares at where Kai had disappeared. He puts a hand on his chest over his heart. It feels as if it’d jump out; along with the stranger, fluttering in his stomach. He suddenly covers his mouth in realization. “Ah…” He whines. “Ah, .”

--------------------------------------

Don't you hate it when you accidentally summon a demon and then FALL for him? haha, relatable!