Epilouge

Inside The Dark

 

Sehun wipes his hands on his red apron, listening to the other three as they play games in the living room. He had offered to make dinner tonight, so he sent Kai to shop for him. Of course, that was two hours ago. He lets out a sigh when the door opens his boyfriend finally stepping inside. He lets out a groan as he sets the bags on the counter. “Kai! You left you hours ago!”

 

“Well, when I was a demon, I could just teleport everywhere,” the man complains. “I got lost, okay?”

 

“Babe, you gave up your power three months ago,” Sehun points out before grabbing what he needs. “I thought you’d learn by now.”

 

The ex-demon scoffs and crosses his arms. “This...city is big ,okay?”

 

Sehun thinks it’s very cute, to be honest. The punk smiles when he feels arms wrap around his waist and pulls him closer. He feels his cheeks grow warm as his neck and jaw is kissed from behind. “You look super cute in an apron,” he mumbles into his ear. “Maybe you could...keep it on for later?”

 

Sehun gives his demon a smirk before continuing to stir. “I don’t know, if you're good and eat your dinner,” he pauses to glance back at him. “You’ll get desert.”

 

Kai slowly grins and takes a step back. “It’ll be worth it,” he a brow before joining the other boys. The punk scoffs at him before going back to his cooking. He’s happy that just because the man is a human now, he didn’t lose any of his demonic tendencies. He acts the exact same way, to be honest. But he does complain a lot about the loss of his powers. Regardless of that, he seems happier now. Sehun looks over and watches his boyfriend closely. Laughing and smiling with the other boys. This man is so much more different than the one he had summoned. Kai was so cold, distant, angry. He hates humans with all of his fiber. But looking at him now. So calm, relaxed, care-free. Kai was the one who brought up the idea of him giving up his powers.

 

Sehun thought Kai was joking, until he had seen the serious expression he wore. It was after they made love and while in the shower. The punk laughed for a second but it died down pretty quick. Everyone else was on board with it pretty quickly but the punk wanted to think about it. He was going to give up everything. His world, his old job, even is family. That’s why he recommended Kai go back to his world for a month to talk to and visit his parents and think about it further. It only took the man a few days to make his decision but he stayed for the duration, regardless. 

 

Sehun had also decided to quit his job at the bookstore. After Kris got banished and Kai left, all of his fascination with all things occult kind of died down. And when his demon returned to him, it disappeared all together. He managed to instead get a job as a bartender, with Kai working in the same place as the bouncer. His boyfriend may not be a demon anymore but he’s still just as tough and strong. He doesn’t answer any of his mother’s calls either. He’s not ready to talk to her and he’s not sure he ever will be. A son needed his mother and in the end, she wasn’t there. Regardless, it doesn’t bother him. With great friends, a handsome boyfriend, and a job he actually enjoys; that’s all he needs.

 

“Alright guys,” Sehun announces, smiling at the group. “Dinner’s served!”

-------------------------------------