Bullies

Inside The Dark

 

 

While he doesn’t really mind the demon so much lately, it’s nice to get away from all that for a few hours. He was surprised to hear that Kai had actually wanted some alone time; to really explore the city. He’s been looking for that spell all work and the break is nice. Even when he goes out with his two friends for their usual; shopping, have dinner, watch a movie, and then go back to Luhan’s place for a sleepover. He figures Kai will be fine without him for one night. 

 

“You’re not worried?”

 

“Why would I be?” Sehun hums as he looks at the menu.

 

“I don't know,” Baekhyun snorts. “Maybe because you’re secretly hiding a demon in your closet?”

 

“Nah,” The punk shrugs. “Kai knows how to hide himself and it’s not like my mom ever goes into my room. My parents might be douches but they know to stay outta my sanctuary.”

 

“They’re  probably afraid you’ll cast a curse on them or something.”

 

Sehun smirks a bit. “Maybe I could talk Kai into scaring them a bit.”

 

Luhan shakes his head. “No way, Sehuna- you KNOW your mom would think you’re possessed.”

 

“Probably have you taken to a priest and given an exorcism.”

 

The punk wrinkles his nose but he knows they’re right. One sign that he might have some sort of power, she’d drag him to some church; probably by the hair. He wishes Kai would show his dad and those bullies to not mess with him but he highly doubts the demon would give a . He sighs and rests his cheek on his hand. “I summoned a demon and it only brought me trouble.”

 

“Okay but…” Luhan glances at Baekhyun briefly. “What if you just had...fun with him.”

 

Sehun raises a brow, “Fun?”

 

They stare at him for a moment. “,” his pink-haired friend whispers. The punk coughs and accidentally spits out some of his drink. 

 

“Excuse me?!”

 

“Think about it!” Baekhyun speaks up. “You think Kai is hot, right? Of course you do; why not just sleep with him?” He offers. “You’ve been stressed all year and you deserve a little something.”

 

“Let me get this straight,” Sehun sets his drink down. “You guys think I should sleep with a random demon that I summoned, who, by the way, hates all humans?”

 

“Yeah but he’s hot!”

 

“Then you sleep with him, Luhan,” Sehun scoffs. 

 

Luhan gasps. “Oh, can I?”

 

“Like I give a ,” he scoffs. He frowns a bit though, pushing something back. He isn’t sure what it is but the thought of that makes him uncomfortable. He shifts around uncomfortably, glancing at his pink-haired friend. “Let’s just order.”



 

“God, that movie was ,” Baekhyun complains loudly as the three walks. He flings his arms around his two best friends, pulling them closer. “Why do we bother watching horror films?”

 

“It gets your blood running,” Luhan offers.

 

“But the main characters are always stupid,” Sehun points out. “I don’t see how running upstairs instead of to a neighbor’s is smart.”

 

‘Yeah, well-” The three of them all stop when flashing lights appear. They frown at each other for a moment before pushing onward; toward where some cops and ambulances are gathered. 

 

 “Oh my god,” The punk asks. Red and blue lights up in Sehun’s eyes as the sirens blare. He stares with wide eyes at the scene before him. Four boys, his bullies, are pulled away on gurneys; all of them bloody and unconscious. He covers his mouth as he watches.

 

“Holy ,” Baekhyun pulls his friends tighter to him. “Sehun, aren’t they…?”

 

Sehun rubs his arms uncomfortably as the men are pulled into the vehicles and the doors are quickly shut. “Hey, you three know them?” A cop nearby asks as soon as he approaches.

 

“Y-yeah,” The punk stutters. “They go to school with us.”

 

“Friends of yours?”

 

“No,” Luhan puts in. “They’re bullies.”

 

The cop slowly nods. “Then can you three tell me where you were five minutes ago?”

 

“We just got back from watching a movie,” Baekhyun says, handing the cop their tickets. He examines them for a moment before nodding and handing them back.

 

“Well, the nature in which these men were severely beaten...is almost monstrous. A few more hits and these boys would have died.”

 

Sehun closes his eyes and lets out a shaky sigh. He remembers the way he felt when all three of them beat him; spraining his wrists and almost breaking his ribs. 

 

“Several fractured ribs,” They overhear. “All of their wrists and legs were broken as well.”

 

“I think I’m going to be sick,” Luhan whines, ducking and hiding his head in Sehun’s chest. The punk sighs and wraps his arms around his friend. He swallows hard. This can’t be a coincidence. He was beaten by these bullies yesterday and the next day, they’re found with injuries that are similar to Sehun’s. The only difference is that he almost broke his bones and they didn’t leave him this bloody. 

 

“Guys, can we...can we stop by my place?” Sehun asks quietly. 

 

“Sure,” Baekhyun shrugs. “Your place isn’t exactly on the way.”

 

“I know, I-I forgot a change of clothes.”

 

Baekhyun pulls his two friends away from the bloody crime scene, now towards the direction of Sehun’s home. He stares forward as he thinks about everything. How they looked, how they were barely breathing. It scares him that he doesn’t feel anything for them, not even slightly bad. If anything, it made him a little happy.



 

Sehun mutters a greeting to his parents when he enters his home, quickly running upstairs. He knows his father was trying to speak to him but he has other things to worry about. “Kai?” He whispers as soon as he enters his dark bedroom. He slowly closes the door behind him and squints a bit. He slowly turns on the light and stares at his empty room. HE goes to the door, deciding to be respectful and knocking.

 

“Sehun?” Kai speaks up from within. When the punk opens the closet door, he frowns when he sees the demon sitting on the loveseat within; reading one of Sehun’s many occult books. “I thought you were gone for the night.”

 

“I uh…” Sehun steps in and shuts the door behind him as well. Kai raises a brow at this. “They’re waiting for me outside.”

 

“Why do you look so nervous?”

 

Sehun rubs his arms, unsure where to start. “Kai…did you…do something bad today?”

 

“No,” Kai shuts the book and sets it to the side.

 

“So, you didn’t leave the house?”

 

“Oh, I did.”

 

“Then what’d you-”

 

“I followed those guys who beat you all day,” Kai admits. “And then about half an hour ago, I beat them to the brink of death.”

 

“Why?!”

 

“Because they hurt you.”

 

The punk scoffs. “So?” He crosses his arms. “I’m still trying to find you a way home, aren't I?”

 

The demon leans back, resting his ankle on his other knee. “I know you are. That’s why I almost killed them.” When Sehun just looks confused, he sighs. “Those boys would have continued to just keep hurting you. I can’t have that kind of distraction.”

 

“So you did it for yourself.”

 

“No,” Kai admits. “I did it for you, human.” Sehun shivers at the man’s glowing golden eyes as he stands and walks over. He stares at the punk for a moment. “Not only will they stop distracting you from finding that spell...but they won’t be a problem when I’m gone.”

 

“How-”

 

“I beat the fear of hell into them, Sehun,” The demon says darkly, his voice dangerous. “I left them with a warning about you.”

 

“This was a warning?!” Sehun gasps. “They almost died! And what if they mentioned to a cop that you said my name?!”

 

“Impossible,” Kai laughs. “I made sure to permanently damage their leader’s throat; unable for him to speak again. If his foolish friends are smart, they won’t say anything too.”

 

Sehun covers his mouth. “Kai, you made him…you made him mute?” He whispers.

 

“Tell me; how long have they been tormenting you?”

 

“Since…” Sehun stares into the demon’s intense eyes. “Since we were kids...”

 

“There you go,” the demon’s smile is wolfish and seems victorious. “They can’t torment you anymore. I spoose you could consider it my thanks for returning me home.” He frowns, unsure what to think. He knows he should be scared but he’s not. He’s sick. He should be disgusted, angry. Maybe he should hate Kai even more for this. But he’s not afraid of Kai. He takes a deep breath before he slowly lifts his trembling hand and brings it to the demon’s cheek. Kai flinches, furrowing his brow in confusion at the touch; but he doesn't move away.

 

“Th…” Sehun clears his throat. “Thank you.” The demon goes silent as he stares into his eyes, both of them silent as they stand there. The punk keeps shaking as he brings his hand back and takes a step back. “I’ll...I’ll see you tomorrow,” He whispers before turning and quickly leaving the closet. He grabs his bag of clothes he forgot, not waiting as he shuffles out of his room. He once again ignores his parents when they try to speak with him. “Okay, I’m ready,” he says as soon as he approaches his friends.



 

Sehun stares at the hospital doors, arguing with himself about it. He doesn’t want to visit the idiots because he cares; he’s more curious about what they saw. He sighs as he crosses his arms and begins to pace; ignoring strangers that walk by. What if they completely shut down and won’t tell him anything? What’s he got to lose? Other than his dignity. With another sigh, he pushes through the doors and makes a b-line for the man at the front desk. He clears his throat and forces a smile. “I’m here to see uh...three of my classmates.”

 

He looks at Sehun’s uniform and nods. “Well, we only have three students in right now and they’re sharing a room on the…” He takes a moment to check. “the third floor, in room 206.”

 

“Thanks,” Sehun mutters and heads for the elevator. He leans back against it, shutting his eyes briefly; reopening them when the doors open. His heart beats faster the closer to the door he gets. He stops and takes a deep breath, preparing himself mentally. Before he has a chance to talk himself out of it, he quickly stepped into the hospital room. He stops and stares at the three boys all in different beds; only one seems to be awake. When he looks at Sehun, an instant fear enters his eyes. The punk forces a smile as he approaches, trying to show he’s not intending to hurt him further. “Uh...hey.”

 

“W-what do you want?” He asks, his voice barely a whisper.

 

“Look,” Sehun sighs as he pulls a chair up and sits in it. “I’m probably...the last person you wanted to see.”

 

“You...you think?” His bully shrinks away from him. “W-we got the damn...damn message when you sent that...GUY after us.”

 

Sehun shakes his head. “I didn’t...send anyone after you guys.” He glances at the other, unconscious boys. “Listen, can you tell me what happened?”

 

The man stares at Sehun for a moment before his lips. He swallows hard and slowly nods. “We were just...just walking around, hangin’ out and getting drunk.”

 

“Classy,” Sehun thinks. Though he knows he isn’t one to judge; his own friends do that sometimes. 

 

“A-and some...GUY just appeared in front of us; none of us saw him even walk up...l-like he appeared out of-”

 

“Smoke?”

 

His classmate widens his eyes. “Yeah! J-just out of nowhere and his eyes, oh god, his eyes…”

 

“What...what were they like?”

 

His classmate slowly shakes his head. “You’ll...you’ll think I'm crazy.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Everyone at school knows I’m a fan of the occult and supernatural. You think I, of all ing people, won’t believe this?”

 

The bully sighs and shrugs. “Y-yeah, I guess…” He sighs. “His eyes...they were golden and they were glowing. I’ve never seen someone so angry a-and...he looked so hateful,” he pauses. “He told us he knew...he knew what we did to you and before we could act, he attacked us. W-we barely had a chance, he took us all down so easily.”

 

“Really?” Sehun raises his brows. “This...guy just took you all down?”

 

“Y-yeah,” His schoolmate groans as he shifts around. “Who the hell...is he anyway? How does he know you?”

 

The punk slowly shakes his head and stands. “I don’t know,” he lies. “I only have two friends, remember?”

 

“S-Sehun, look-”

 

“Just rest,” Sehun interrupts. He quickly stands and looks around. “Look uh...I’m sorry I came,” he mutters before taking his leave. He doesn’t know why he bothered visiting. He figured visiting would make him feel an ounce of sadness or guilt for them but he feels nothing. If anything, he’s glad they’re like this and he doesn’t know why. No, he does know why. They’ve been tormenting him for years and seeing them like this feels amazing. But why is he like this? He sighs when his phone rings. “What?” He answers irritably.

 

“Whoooa,” Baekhyun huffs. “What’s got your so tight?”

 

“Nothing, nothing,” He groans. “I'm...at the hospital.”

 

“Why are you…” His friend sighs. “Sehun, are you visiting those ers?”

 

“Yeah but it’s not what you think,” He says as he begins walking. “I only visited because I wanted to know what they saw; what beat them up.”

 

“And…?”

 

Sehun rubs his face. “You have to promise not to freak out, okay?”

 

“Uh…” Baekhyun laughs nervously. “Sure.”

 

“The man that...did that to them was, well, Kai.”

 

“Kai?!” Baekhyun raises his voice. “Kai as in YOUR demon Kai?!”

 

“Fist of all, OW, my ear!” He groans. “And secondly, yes! What other Kai do you know?”

 

“Oh my god, Sehun! Why, why, why would he do that?!”

 

“I…” Sehun sighs and stops. “ I don’t know; when I asked him about it, he didn’t deny it. He told me it was because they hurt me.”

 

“Because...what?”

 

The punk leans against a nearby wall and closes his eyes. “Okay, you know...that they’ve been bullying us for years, right?”

 

“Hard to forget, yeah.”

 

Sehun takes a deep breath. “They haven’t...just been messing with me mentally,” he admits. “It’s not just harmless, they..., they sometimes find me alone and…”

 

“And…?”

 

“They beat me, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun goes quiet for a few moments. “What?”

 

“Sometimes, they’ll find me alone and…beat me. Remember a few nights ago, where I lied about my sprained wrist? I didn’t ing trip, it was them.”

 

“Oh my god,” His friend whispers. “Why...why would you not tell us?!”

 

“How could I? I don’t know! I’m not good with this kinda stuff!”

 

“I know, I know! I know you at expressing yourself but , Hun; I should go to that ing hospital and finish the job!”

 

“So...i’m guessing you don’t blame Kai?”

 

“Blame him?! Bring him to the part tomorrow, I wanna thank him!”

 

“You...want me to bring Kai,” He repeats slowly. “To a house party full of humans.”

 

“Uh...I mean, Chanyeol will be there too so…”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Okay, so ONE demon will be there.”

 

“But think about it this way; it can be a good way for you two to bond and imagine Kai in PARTY clothes!”

 

The punk raises a brow as he thinks about it. “Fine,” He agrees. “I’ll bring Kai.”

 

“Score!”

 

“Baek, look...I’m...I’m sorry, okay? That I didn’t tell you.”

 

“Hey, I’m the last person you gotta explain yourself to,” his best friend says. “I know, okay? I get it.”

 

He smiles weakly as he starts to walk again. “I’ll see you at the party, okay?”

 

“Alright! Remember, bring Kai!” Baekhyun practically hums before hangs up. If anyone understands, he knows Baekhyun does. His own mother was extremely abusive from his childhood to his pre-teen years. He had been forced to live with his aunt and uncle but they love him and he’s safe. Sehun stops and looks up at the sky, clutching his phone tightly. Thoughts of safety pass through his mind and he wonders if he himself would ever feel it.

------------------------------------------